Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was a very obscure 1 where this small person was trying to get apples down from a tree. he takes some red thing and all of apples come down but what's so wierd about this is the camera backs up and the tree along with all the others have these giant green faces under them.

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikealan said:
Football Player#1: (holding the letter 'k' as a football with his finger) "K, kick!"
(Football Player#2 kicks the 'k' into the air and Small Football Player catches it. Football Player#'s 1-2 tackle him)
Football Player#'s 1-2: "AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!! (land on Small Football Player)"
Small Football Player: "K...."
And how about another football cartoon where a man in a football jersey wearing a helmet and holding a football is talking about the letter f. He mentions that f is his favorite letter because it reminds him of his favorite sport. When he asks if anyone wants to guess what that sport is, someone unseen shouts out, "Swimming?" The football player says, "Swimming?? Do I look like a swimmer? I'm a football player. Football begins with the letter f."
Then he proceeds to explain how the game of football is played. Then in a running position stance carrying his football he says, "The object of the game is to get the ball past the other team's goal line." Then four or five humongous football players appear on the screen and bowl him over to the ground. Lying there he then adds in a woozy voice,"BEFORE you're tackled."

The guy guessing swimming is the line that I liked best in this cartoon. Hilarious!

Soul H

Reaction score
The music was pretty haunting yet dreamy as well as the ending. Wasn't it?

mikebennidict said:
there was a very obscure 1 where this small person was trying to get apples down from a tree. he takes some red thing and all of apples come down but what's so wierd about this is the camera backs up and the tree along with all the others have these giant green faces under them.

Ziffel

Reaction score
3 frogs hopping over each other

Anyone remember the cartoon with 3 frogs hopping over each other? They would say in order from left to right,"First, middle, last." Then the frog on the right (that was last) would hop over to the left of the frog on the left (so that he was now first). Eventually the frog that held the first position wanted to maintain it, so when the last place frog attempted to hop over he punched him and knocked him back to where he was. But he was dazed and laying flat on his back. So now the frogs said, "First, middle, ribbit (in a woozy manner)"
I'll bet when he got his composure he was hopping mad! :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Julius and Jasper

Remember these two men in several cartoons, Julius and Jasper?

One classic one that was very short but great has Jasper (the dumb one) standing with one leg in the air. Julius comes by and asks, "Why are you standing with one leg up in the air, Jasper?" Jasper says, "Because if I put two legs up, I'll fall down." He then demonstrates this and falls. Julius says, "Makes sense. Sure."

Another one has Jasper crying and Julius asks what's wrong. Jasper says he lost his elbow. Julius says, "Don't be silly Jasper, there's your elbow." As Julius walks away, Jasper is exuberant, "Oh hooray! For joy! Julius found my elbow!" But then he turns somber again and says, " Julius, come back. I've lost it again!" And he cries once more. {This brings to mind the hilarious time when Ernie frets to Bert, "I lost my air! Oh oh! I lost my air!"}

In a third one, Julius is holding an apple and asks, "What can you tell me about this apple, Jasper?" Jasper takes it and starts eating it and says, "Well, it's round and red." He takes more bites. "And juicy and sweet." More munching. "And gone". He gives the core to Julius. Julius frowns. {There's Jasper acting like Ernie again - he ate his food!}

I think there were more, but none come to mind right now. Seems like there were at least a couple with Julius alone. One was something like Julius comes to a hole in the ground and stops and says to the viewer, "I'll bet you thought I was going to walk right in that hole." Then he jumps over the hole -only to fall into another hole that was to the right of it. The other solo Julius one I'm thinking of is him walking into a wall (he may have been avoiding a hole in the ground again and as he walks around it is looking at the viewer instead of where he is going and then bam! Into a wall).

Xerus

Reaction score
Actually, that wasn't Julius. It was a different guy called Christopher Clumsy who was in those two skits. Two more skits features Christopher showing different things feet can do like kicking a ball and running away from an angry dog who got hit by the ball. And where Christopher was making four different shapes with sticks, with him inside each shape. First a square. Then a bird taking away the top stick, creating a triangle, then Chris shaping it into a rectangle and last a circle. And he ends up rolling away.