1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Nicole, Jul 13, 2004.

1. mikebennidict New Member

when i was young i didn't comprehend this one to well and thought the bubble gum whatever you call it in it's round form were called pounds.
  2. PiLfan Member

ok, this one is a bit obtuse...mainly because, even though i recollect much of it, the cartoon seems to make no sense or really teach anything ('cept abstract art maybe).

it's a grainy cartoon of dark colors...it shows an apple tree on a green mound or hill against an orangish sky background. there's this little, unrecognizable, critter off on the corner of the screen that shoots its tounge at the tree like a frog (the critter looks nothing like a frog, btw) and the apples begin to fall one by one. after about 4 or 5 apples fall, the camera pans backward and you see that the green mound is really some giant's forehead...then it just ends. it's accompanied by some rather creepy music, sort of like muffled bagpipes.

like i said...weird. anyone else remember this one? i last remember seeing it sometime in the 80s, but it was probably made in the 70s.
  3. Soul H New Member

I remember that. Just like Smokey Robinson's U song, the music, creeped me out.

4. mikebennidict New Member

i posted about this 1 in section 4 of this thread though you might of discribed it better. I liked it.
  5. PiLfan Member

oops, didn't see it the first time i gleemed the thread...but i went back to check.

so you think the critter was a man with a red stick or something? my memory of it is just getting fuzzier and fuzzier, but i recall it looking like a weird little animal...a rabbit with horns, and a long, frog-like tounge (maybe it was a crude drawing of a bullfrog). but i know we're talking about the same toon...the green-faced mountains at the end is unmistakeable.

it's quite possibly the oddest clip i can remember from SS, which is saying a lot...the show was definitely trippin' back in the 70s.
  6. mikebennidict New Member

you could be right. it might of been some kind of animal. I haven't seen it in years.
  7. mikebennidict New Member

don't think these where mentioned. there's these human faces 1 a man and the other a woman and the shape of their faces changs.
  8. Ziffel New Member

Not sure if I know that one. Another cartoon I don't think was mentioned before had a guy on the second floor trying to sleep but he kept being disturbed from a guy above him and a guy below him. One would snore and the other would sneeze. I think his lines to these guys were, "Please don't snore, I can't talk it anymore!" and "If you please, don't sneeze!" Then the narrator says things would quiet down for a while. But then the same thing would happen again all through the night. This one seemed to pop up quite often on SS.
  9. mikebennidict New Member

what I'm trying to remember was his name Mr. Tweep or was it Mr. Tweak? I always interpeted it as Tweak but it could of been Tweep since it rhymes with sleep.
  10. Ziffel New Member

That's right his name was something like that; I had forgotten that till you mentioned it. Like you, I'm not sure either whether it was tweak or tweep.

Another cartoon they showed many times on SS was with two guys in the dark trying to find a light switch. We only see their eyes. I remember it starts out with a guy saying, "Gosh darn it." The other guy says, "What's the matter?" "Well there's a light here somewhere but I'm not tall enough to reach the string." "Well listen maybe if you found something to stand on you could reach it." Then they feel around and a guy says, "Hey here's something. It kind of feels like sardines." The other guy says, "No, that would be too slippery." Then a guy finds a box. But the other guy says, "I'll fall down". The other guy says, "No you won't." Then he gets on the box and promptly falls off. "I told you I'd fall!" "Oh I'm sorry. Hey maybe if I hold the box steady you can stand on it and reach the string." So they do that and the guy says, "Hey it worked I can reach the string now!" "Hey terrific!" "Okay, I'm gonna turn on the light." Then he switches on the light and we see him standing on the box but the "guy" holding the box is really a monster. So the guy says, "Yuck!" and then turns the light back off. The monster was smiling when the light was first turned on but then stopped smiling once the guy said, "Yuck!".
  11. Ziffel New Member

And another cartoon that I only remember the beginning of had a guy say something like, "I had a thought about a thought. I thought a lot about thinking. And do you know what I thought I'd thought?" That would be a fun one to watch again. I know it began with seven beats of music. (Blu woo woo woo WOO woo woo). <--- my own silly attempt at a description.

This one brings to mind that one about the cartoon guy and his mind. (Hey, it brings to my mind about his mind and earlier I was thinking about the preceding thinking one!). I think this one has been mentioned somewhere before, though. The one where the guy keeps mentioning about all his mind tells him about what is going on. Then he throws a ball in the air and says, "My mind tells me there's something wrong. It's been up there much too long." And it turns out a bird picked up the ball in its beak.
  12. mikebennidict New Member

don't think these were mentioned.

a hand draws things like a RR bridge- just in time for the train to go across.
  13. Ziffel New Member

There was a cartoon with two guys, one who was on the rather slow and dumb side, where the dumb guy ate something. I think it was a letter of the alphabet. The other guy says something like, "What did you do with that letter t?" The dumb guy says, "I ate it for lunch." The other guy says, "Well I'll give you another one." Then as he talks to the viewers about that letter the other guy starts to eat it again. The other guy says, "Watch your manners. Don't chew with your mouth open." The dumb guy simply says, "Needs salt."
  14. Xerus Active Member

Actually, the letter in that skit was D. The big guy named Dudley put down the capital D and the short guy asks, "Where's the small d Dudley?" Dudley replied, "I ate it for dinner", and the short guy says to bring out another one. So Dudley puts down the small d, but then eats the capital D. The short guy says, "Dinner begins with D", but then tells Dudly not to eat with his mouth open. Dudley replies with a clueless face, "Needs salt."
  15. Ziffel New Member

Remember the one where the girl says, "Beso", the spanish word for kiss? And there's a little boy about two sitting on the floor and she kisses him as she walks across the screen. He doesn't like it and cries a little. Then she comes back across from the other side and kisses his other cheek. He fusses again. She does it a thrid time and giggles. He whines even more. But then when she is about to kiss him a fourth time he does something to stop her in her tracks (Do you recall what he did? I'm thinking he may have held up a big sign that said beso [to block her way]. Or maybe the sign said "Stop"?). Anyway, he then says, "Beso blechhhhh!"
  16. Ziffel New Member

And one with a lady and a dog and she doesn't know what kind of animal he is. So he gives her obvious clues like wagging his tail. She concludes, "I've got it! You're a dinosaur." He says, "No!" and walks away in disgust. She shouts after him, "You call those hints?!" He replies, "I'm a dog, dummy." She turns to the viewers and says, "Now that's a hint."
  17. Soul H New Member

He stopped her by taking the O from BESO, and placed it around her like a Spellbinding Cricle (Yu-Gi-Oh card).

18. Ziffel New Member

How about a couple of cartoons with a frog and a fly?

(1) A fly is near a frog and talking about a mile a minute. He's describing the characteristics of both. (He says frogs are "fat and ugly"). At the end, while the fly is still talking rapidly, the frog suddenly swallows him and that's the end of the fly. Music plays. And the frog says, "Ribbit".

(2) A fly comes up to a frog and says, "Hi, I'm a fly."
    Frog: "I'm a frog."
    Fly: "What do frogs eat?"
    Frog: "We eat flies. What did you say you were?"
    Fly: "Uh, I'm a frog." Then he starts hopping away as if he was a frog. (Sounded like he was saying, "heep heep heep" as he hopped).

I already mentioned in a previous post about the three frogs saying first, middle, last. And in another thread I've seen the one with the man who hated frogs brought up. Boy SS sure did have a lot of frog stuff. Kermit the Frog being the biggest (and best!) of all! :)
  19. mikebennidict New Member

did you reconize the narrator. I'm pretty sure it was Kasey Kasem. sorry if I mispelled his name. he also narrated the B cartoon with the boy knocking every B word off that brick wall with his baseball and bat.
  20. lowercasegods Member

Yeah, Casey Kasem did a few narrations for Sesame Street cartoons. He was a pretty cool guy.