Your favorite Ernie and Bert skit

mikebennidict

Reaction score
SuperArchibaldo said:
not actually a sketch on the show....but a record album. (anyone have a copy on cd??)

it's a classic where bert is in the tub trying to take a relaxing bath and somehow :stick_out_tongue: ends up in the bathroom and starts a singalong...by the end of the album, most of the residents of SS are in the bathroom singing...

bob loved the acoustics of the bathroom!!

meanwhile, poor :frown: (still in the tub) keeps asking for a towel!

it's a riot!
actually thetre was an episode with Bert taking a bath and everybody comming in and having a celebration.

Cheebo

Reaction score
When Bert teaches Bernice to play Checkers.
(Not exact wording of course)
:frown: : She's really not that smart Ernie.
:stick_out_tongue: : But she can play checkers! She must be the smartest pigeon in the world!
:frown: : Well out the 10 games we played she only beat me twice
:frown:: Your turn Bernice.
*Bernice, like always a real bird doesnt do anything but walk around the checker board being, well a pigeon*
:frown: : *To Ernie*She's thinking.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
How about this one:
Bert is reading and Ernie goes back and forth and tells Bert he has various bathtub intruments(soap, towel, rubber duckie) and Bert concludes Ernie is going to take a bath, but then he says he has his flashlight, then an umbrella, then Bert's bowling ball. Ernie explains why he needs them. Bert stops him and say Ernie cannot borrow his bowling ball.
Later we see Ernie in the bathtub with the flashlight and umbrella(probably wouldn't pass standards today) and Bert says he looks ridiculous.
Then the lights go out and Ernie's flashlight comes in handy. Then it starts to rain. Then someone knocks on the door, and an anything muppet says he has a bowling tournament and is about to ask for it, but Bert interupts him and says "I'll get the bowling ball".

Or this one:
The apartment is in a mess and Bert tells Ernie to clean it up. After another sketch airs, we come back to the apartment which is now clean. Bert is impressesed but Ernie says he still has one more thing to clean, the toybox. Ernie proceeds to take toys out of the toybox and toss them behind him, causing the aprtment to be in a mess again, where we cut to Bert with his trademark scowl as toys are being tossed at him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's short and doesn't have the Ernie mindgames on Bert, but I love the classic Bert teaches Bernice to play Checkers skit.

"WOW! That's amazing. that pigeon must be really smart"

"Not really... in the 8 games we played, she only beat me twice!"

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My Favorite Bert & Ernie Sketches

Hiya.Here are the Bert & Ernie skits that come to mind as my favs:
1)The blackout,where Ernie is going to take a bath.
2)Ernie's painting of Bert."That doesn't look anything like me!"
3)Ernie's sculpture of Bert,Ernie forgets the nose,takes Bert's nose off & puts it on the sculpture.
4)Imagination song.
5)Ernie puts his toys away.
6)"Where is the fish?"...Playing cowboys & Bert needs his cowboy hat.Ernie puts the pot on Bert's head,"Ride'um cowboy,Bert!"
7)Ernie eats crackers in bed.
8)Ernie counts sheep & balloons,the balloons explode(scaring Bert).
9)Bert talks about his bottlecap collection.
10)Bert & Ernie at the beach,Ernie starts to dig sand,Bert is buried up eventually to his hair & Ernie can't find Bert.
11)Bert & Ernie watch & are hypnotized by the television.
12)La la la la....
13)Doing the ::honk honk:: pigeon.
14)Bert & Ernie at the movies,lady with tall hat.
15)Here fishy,Fishy,FISHY! lol
16)I dance myself to sleep.
17)If I could visit the moon...
18)Rubber Duckie.(saved the best for last). :stick_out_tongue: