Your Favorite Guy Smiley Moments...

DerekJ

Reaction score
Xerus said:
My favorite was one where Guy Smiley goes on vacation to the jungle to take some pictures of the animals. But his guide tells him to talk quietly for he'll scare all the animals away. But Guy could not keep quiet at all and ends up scaring away animals like a rabbit and a monkey before he could take their pictures. Then he started talking loud to a tiger causing the guide to run away. But the tiger turned out to be a big Guy Smiley fan and wanted to take a picture of him.

And I also liked it when Guy Smiley hosts What's My Part
"...With our warm and witty panelist, Bennet Snerf:"
"Thank you, Guy--As the rabbit said, 'I'm very hoppy to be here.'"
"Oh, Bennet, that was warm and witty!"

(The part, IIRC, being a nose, which the panelists, all monsters including Cookie, fail to recognize, not having any noses themselves...)

Bootsy

Reaction score
A walk down memory lane

That was certainly a walk down memory lane. :smile:

SesameMike

Reaction score
How about that Concentration/Memory Game (?) in which Cookie Monster wins a jet plane, but is sorely disappointed with the prize since the alternate was a cookie. I wasn't that old when I realized that CM could have sold the aircraft to TWA and made enough profit to buy a lifetime's worth of cookies. He must have known about the taxes and all the red tape, while the cookiewas probably just handed to him right there in the studio.

Another game show, this one with Cookie Monster and his wife (!), had CM trying to decide between a new house plus $5000 cash, or a cookie. You may be certain he sweated bullets over that decision!

Another favorite of mine was "The Trading Game", in which Oscar is insanely jealous of the other contestant -- a hyperactive lady who just traded her pom-pom (or whatever that was) for a "dirty dust cloth".

MuppetDude

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Another game show, this one with Cookie Monster and his wife (!), had CM trying to decide between a new house plus $5000 cash, or a cookie. You may be certain he sweated bullets over that decision!
I recently found out that the CM puppet used in that sketch was a different puppet (most likely BD Monster).

Ziffel

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
How about that Concentration/Memory Game (?) in which Cookie Monster wins a jet plane, but is sorely disappointed with the prize since the alternate was a cookie. I wasn't that old when I realized that CM could have sold the aircraft to TWA and made enough profit to buy a lifetime's worth of cookies. He must have known about the taxes and all the red tape, while the cookiewas probably just handed to him right there in the studio.
Another great Guy Smiley skit! Loved the sound effects of the spinning. I also had the same thought when not that old: Why not just sell the plane and then buy a store full of cookies! But I guess Cookie Monster was enticed by getting to eat that cookie right away, whereas selling the plane and going to the store would take time. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush but is a cookie in the hand worth thousands in a store? Well I guess that's why ol' googly eyes would often say, "Gimme cookie NOW!"

Ziffel

Reaction score
DerekJ said:
"...With our warm and witty panelist, Bennet Snerf:"
"Thank you, Guy--As the rabbit said, 'I'm very hoppy to be here.'"
"Oh, Bennet, that was warm and witty!"

(The part, IIRC, being a nose, which the panelists, all monsters including Cookie, fail to recognize, not having any noses themselves...)
Just came across some pics of this "What's my part?" nose skit at this link:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/4439/wmlwmp.html

Also, the link mentions that TV Guide listed Guy Smiley as the ninth best game show host of all time! I remember seeing that in TV Guide too, probably about a year or two ago. That was pretty cool they included him with Dick Clark, Alex Trebek, Chuck Woolery, etc.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like beat The Time with Cookie Monster, and his random appearances in the song "They can't Take That Away from me".