Your Favorite Kermit The Frog Moments

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I know a lot of people don't like the new dynamic and that's fine!

Of course for someone like me who is a die hard K&P fan I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the change!!! Although if anyone watched the WWE clip it was almost like TMS days when they tried to force Kermit to marry Piggy. Lol Much of the dynamic is still there they still bicker and tease the crap out of each other in interviews at times. And whenever asked the marriage question Kermit still dodges it or sometimes say he won't marry her so it's not all lost!:smile::mad:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Kermit cares about Piggy, he loves her as well, it's just sometimes Piggy is to much for the Frog to handle. Look how worried he was in A Muppets Family Christmas when Piggy was having to fight with the snow. Also look at how in both the Muppet Movie and the Great Muppet Caper when they both saw each other it was love at first sight. So I always felt that Kermit really did love Piggy, but he just needed his space. Now that they have been together so long he is letting her in more and I think that is great!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Kermit cares about Piggy, he loves her as well, it's just sometimes Piggy is to much for the Frog to handle. Look how worried he was in A Muppets Family Christmas when Piggy was having to fight with the snow. Also look at how in both the Muppet Movie and the Great Muppet Caper when they both saw each other it was love at first sight. So I always felt that Kermit really did love Piggy, but he just needed his space. Now that they have been together so long he is letting her in more and I think that is great!
TMM and GMC or any of the movies were just that "movies". I dont think you can really count that. The only reason I count the latest film with having anything to do with their "real life" is that Kermit admitted his feelings and carried it outside the film. Something he didn't really do in the past. And as I've stated before the difference this time compared to then is Kermit has been consistent in saying they are a couple. And with that I'll get off my soap box now. :stick_out_tongue:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Though in my opinion on it, I think the golden rule in Muppet Movies is that the characters play even more fictional versions of themselves. For example I remember hearing that when Dave Golez and Gonzo were somewhere probably Barns and Noble or something Gonzo admitted that he wasn't an alien and Muppets From Space was only a movie. In this case I remember the gossip battle that Kermit and Miss Piggy had over the Muppets Take Manhattan debate where Kermit mentions that it's only a movie. Though technically Gonzo was suppose to play the minister. It's still mysterious if this was just a part of Manhattan Melodies within the movie plot or an actual behind the scenes error purposely caused by Miss Piggy herself. lol Kind of taking her old plan from The Wedding Sketch that was in a Season 3 episode, can't remember which episode off hand and putting it in a bigger place. If you first can't succeed, try try again. lol
Wasn't there going to be a link to the Muppets Take Manhattan in the new Muppet movie but the deleted scene got lost or just never made it to the blu-ray? Kermit would probably defend it as being only a movie and Miss Piggy would defend that she got a real minister. But that's the fun thing about the gossip that I love, the whole tug of war between truths. It's a Muppet conspiracy. lol

But yeah, I wasn't sure if it was me that noticed the new change of Kermit and Miss Piggy officially being a romantic couple. The first time I noticed this was when watching a Muppet video podcast on iTunes and it was a Valentine's message with Kermit and Miss Piggy. Though all I can really say is I can only speak on the behalf of the classic Muppets. I mostly stick to the classic stuff and the Muppets Tonight era of The Muppets. The new movie is okay, I like "Life's a Happy Song", I sing that every single time I'm in the best of moods. It's like a "Together Again" sort of melody. Though of some of the current stuff that recently happened like the Queen music video, the Mahna Mahna remake with what's his name, CLow? I don't know, I just don't dig some of the new stuff and new changes but that's just me. It's nothing personal but in my own opinion, it's just not the same.

Anyway to get back to chatting about Kermit in general, I'm not sure if I mentioned this on the forum or not but remember the Vincent Price episode where Kermit grew fangs and bit Vincent in the neck. lol Around Halloween, there was a Kermit hat at Wal-Mart. Kermit with fangs and I thought that was strange and I showed it to a friend of mine while I was there. And I told him the last time I've seen Kermit with fangs was the Vincent Price episode and perhaps I was the only one there who knew that. lol

Anyway, I probably posted this clip a couple times on the forum and I'm sure most have already seen this but this footage really means a lot to me and since we're talking about our appreciation of our favorite little green buddy here, I might as well. :smile: It's been said that Muppet Vision 3D was Jim's last works though from research I found out it was really The Muppets at Disney World. Through out history Jim and his crew LOVED to goof around at work, they had a lot of fun and I really admire that about them. Same goes with the original animation directors of the old classic Looney Tunes at Termite Terrace. But unfortunately it's very rare to see blooper reels of Jim and the original Muppet performers unlike today where a lot of them are saved. So this blooper reel has a special place in my heart and I'd like to share with with everyone. Plus I think Kermit finally succeed in his Karate Chop towards Miss Piggy that he's been practicing since the Linda Ronstadt episode. lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Trust me you were not the only one who noticed Kermit & Piggy's new dynamic!!! I'd like to think of myself a Kermit & Piggy enthusiast. LOL I kept up with every single one of their interviews that they put out when promotion started from the last film and I intend to do the same thing again when the next film opens! :smile: :mad: I love the classic stuff of course but I also definitely welcome the newest stuff! Nothing stays the same forever.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It really has been nice, and I like how even at some points Piggy is shocked herself at the way Kermit has been treating her as of late.

So here is a few of questions:

1. Are Kermit and Piggy married?

2. If no do you think they should get married?

3. Would you ever like to see Kermit and Piggy have "children"

4. Am I diving to deep into a relationship of a frog and a pig?

Vincent L

Reaction score
No, I don't think so.
No, the relationship between the two wouldn't be so exciting if that happened.
Absolutely not!
4. Am I diving to deep into a relationship of a frog and a pig?
Yes, but why not? :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Whenever there's a thread about Kermit we can always expect the conversation to somehow talk about their relationship. :stick_out_tongue: But to answer your questions:

1. IMO no they arent married however it's been the biggest debate for centuries. :stick_out_tongue:

2. I am very torn on this. On one hand I'd love to see the frog finally pop the question however I do agree like most people stated a lot of the dynamic would be gone. However I can only imagine how funny the marriage jokes would be. Lol But in the end Id have to say no they shouldn't get married. Hopefully Disney keeps with this.

3. Trying to picture Kermit and Piggy with a bouncing baby fig...*shivers* I agree with Kermit they should just adopt. Lol

4. Yes but I also do the same and you can inbox me if you want incase other members are already sick of debating Kermit & Piggy. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm probably on Kermit's side, no. It's all in the pig's mind.

Nah, it'll ruin all the gossip fun. lol

(just like what Frank Oz said on his recent Cobert Report apperance) WHAT? lol Bouncing Baby Figs? Eww! Gross! And I don't mean J.P. Gross. lolIn the worlds of Floyd on Muppets Take Manhattan "I'm glad we ain't got no money, now I ain't got no appetite" lol

4. Am I diving too deep into a relationship of a frog and a pig?
That's what Muppet fans do best. lol :smile: I do it, everyone does. It's just the joy of fandom. :big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok so lets shift gears here, and talk about Kermit's singing. He has had some great songs through the years, but one that I feel is somewhat over looked is one of my favorites. It's from Muppet Treasure Island and called "Love led us here" This is the first duet Kermit and Piggy did after Jim's passing, and I think it's really a touching song. then you take the fact the song was sung in the most interesting shots we have ever seen of the two hanging upside down.
I love the whole aspect of the song, and even had it played at my wedding. It was the first Muppet song my wife ever heard and she became a fan because of the song.