Your Favourite Muppet Christmas Song?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, really great answers everybody!

I do not have the John Denver soundtracks so I have not heard the Peace Carol.

However, someone mentioned When the River meets the Sea... I can't believe I forgot to mention it. I love that one, it's so spiritual and just a really great song.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do not have the John Denver soundtracks so I have not heard the Peace Carol.

However, someone mentioned When the River meets the Sea... I can't believe I forgot to mention it. I love that one, it's so spiritual and just a really great song.
The John Denver CD is on BarnesandNoble.com (the 2006 version is the uncut). I highly recommend!

Yeah I mentioned "When the River Meets the Sea" before. See we do agree on something! :wink:

ploobis

Reaction score
Here is my list of my favorite Muppet Christmas songs.

1. "Twelve Days Of Christmas" by John Denver & The Muppets

2. "Have Your Self A Merry Little Christmas" by Rowlf & John Denver

3. "Little Saint Nick" by The Electric Mayhem (John Denver & Muppets Xmas Album)

4. "We Need A Little Christmas" by The Muppets (MFC)

5. "Bar-B-Que" Emmet Otter's Jugband

6. "Have Your Self A Merry Little Christmas" by Bert & Ernie (Christmas Eve on Sesame Street)

7. "Jingle Bell Rock" by The Electric Mayhem (MFC)

8. "Deck The Halls" by The Sesame Street Muppets (MFC)

9. "I Hate Christmas" by Oscar The Grouch (Christmas Eve on Sesame Street)

10. "It Feels Like Christmas" TMCC

11. "Merry Chrisrmas Baby" by Pepe (Muppets Green & Red Christmas Album)

12. "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" by Gonzo & Rizzo (Green & Red Christmas Album)

13. "Jingle Bells" by Johnny Fiama (It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie)

14. "Deck The Halls" by The Muppets (John Denver & Muppets Xmas Album)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
8. "Deck The Halls" by The Sesame Street Muppets (MFC)
:grouchy: "I will NOT sing this song!"

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: Fa-la-la, la-la-la, la la la!

**giggles** That is a great muppet moment.

The John Denver CD is on BarnesandNoble.com (the 2006 version is the uncut). I highly recommend!
Aren't there two John Denver specials though? I don't know anything about it.

See we do agree on something!
Hahaha, yay! **smiles** We don't disagree out of spite though, which is great. We are just opposites. Like Ernie and Bert!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aren't there two John Denver specials though? I don't know anything about it.
There are two JD specials, but only one was for Christmas. As for the Christmas CDs, there was one released in the '90s with some of the songs cut. The 2006 edition has all 13 tracks.

I should correct that it looks like it's Amazon.com that has the 2006 version (from both Amazon and third party sellers). So that's good!

Hahaha, yay! **smiles** We don't disagree out of spite though, which is great. We are just opposites. Like Ernie and Bert!
Of course, the classic Sesame Street story. "I like gooey Peanut Butter. You may not like gooey Peanut Butter. Still, we like each other." Hehe

MrsPepper

Reaction score
There are two JD specials, but only one was for Christmas.
Okay, that clears up alot of confusion! Thank you! I will keep an eye out for the CD as listed in the other thread because apparantly it is worth listening to. :smile:

Of course, the classic Sesame Street story. "I like gooey Peanut Butter. You may not like gooey Peanut Butter. Still, we like each other." Hehe
I like a marching band, you like a music box. Which one of us is Ernie and which one is Bert, though? :stick_out_tongue: :frown: Hmm... ><

Now a question. In the MFC carol Sing at the end of the special, what is the name of this song?

"Old friends, new friends, home with our families
we'll be together at Christmas,
snowflakes, sleigh bells, bringing back memories,
we'll be together at Christmas"

it goes on but that should be enough to know the name of the song...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I'd definitely recommend the CD, it's classic Muppets. As I just corrected on my post above, Amazon.com has the 2006, uncut version of the CD.

Well when I was a kid I would have said Ernie, because he was my favorite. But now that I'm older I identify more with Bert, lol. So take your pick!

The song is called "Old Friends, New Friends" and it's originally from The Christmas Toy. :smile: