Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome, thank you Phil! I love acapella music, those guys are wonderful.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
ok i apparently didn't put down what i hearde right. just heard it again. it was Jim Henson along with a man named Raymond Scott and this ususual recording called Limbo. it's hard to explain it other than it sounds like Henson giving this talk about gosh i'd have to hear it again. hope this extra information helps.
Limbo the organised mind. I'm not sure what this is from but it does sound very interesting.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
muppet radio feedback

I started listening to MC radio last night,just to see what it was all about.There were some skits and songs on there that I haven't heard in over 20 years.I don't mind the commercials,least I can hear the whole skits/songs(streamlined like they are).I'm happy also,that the songs/skits are from all areas of muppets mediums;listened to Sir Robin the Brave in whole last night(still scares me) & I heard R Machine(a Bert & Ernie skit) last night too(forgot all about that one,'cause its been so long since I've seen it).I also heard Penny Candy Man,twas wondering all this time what it was(just looking at the lyrics) & when I heard it,I immediately remembered what it was.Glad to once again hear the songs & skits from long ago & far away.I'm elated.:excited: :cool:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Diana,

Glad you enjoyed it. There are more than 1600 songs in our current rotation. Just added quite a few new ones last night.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have a question about the phenominal collection of songs on MC radio.
How randomly are the songs played? In other words, I listen every weekday from around 8:30am to 3:30pm EST, and I often hear the same songs on a regular basis (not that I'm complaining at all, I love them) occasionally a new song will slide in that I've never heard before on there, but other wise, I'll hear maybe 10 to 20 of the same songs on a regular daily basis. So I guess what I'm trying to ask is; are there like a block of selected songs that randomize in their playlist and when that block finishes, another block or collection starts or do the songs have some kind of rating/popularity listing that makes some songs play more then others, or am I just listening to an amazing coincidence?
Now don't get me wrong, there is a HUGE amount of variety and I never hear the same song twice in one day, so please don't take this as a complaint, MCR helps me through my day. I'm just curious.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
How randomly are the songs played?
How the playlist works can get kind of complicated, but I will try to explain.

It's set up just like a terrestial radio station in that there is a clock for every hour and there are "slots" (or different categories of songs) that are scheduled to play each hour. These are categories that I have put together. There are currently about 50 different categories. And they are arranged in a specific order for each hour. A song from each of these categories will play at least once in any three-hour period. A few categories play up to five times in any three-hour period. The songs within each category do not repeat until all the songs in that grouping have played.

Having categories grouped like this means that songs by the same character or same series generally won't play back-to-back. But it also ensures that at least one Kermit song plays every hour, for example. Also, some songs play once every twenty-four hours while others don't repeat until every 4 days or so. The goal is to create enough variety that if someone listens every day (like you) that there are still occasional surprises that come up. While at the same time, I try to make the station enjoyable for someone who listens for the first time and wants to hear classics like Rainbow Connection or Mahna Mahna.

I do monitor the "thumbs up/thumbs down" track ratings. Songs that are consistently low sometimes get removed while those that are always high might get played more often.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea it was that detailed. Now I'm really impressed with MCR, thank you!
The "Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down" feature is only available for Live 365 members, Right? And aside from better quality, and no interuptions, does being a member allow you to view all the songs set up for that "block"? And if I become a member, can I use my account from two seperate locations (home and work)?
I realize these are questions better directed towards 365, so sorry if I'm asking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.