1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 3, 2003.

1. David French Member

Off-hand I can't remember it but it was from an album called Songs For Kids (or something like that). When I entered the forum, the picture had changed to a shot of the TMS cast c.1978.
  2. PinkTribeChick New Member

Lately - when I try to go to listen to MC Radio - it tells me the station's full. This has happened at various times during the day, and while I don't have a VIP membership, I do have a free basic one.
    Also - when I do manage to get through to listen - the sound will just go out in the middle of song for a few seconds, then come back on. I know it's not my speakers - I've checked.
    Is there a reason for this? Has there been a lot of listeners lately, or is something wrong with the station?
    Thanks in advance for the help! :)
  3. Phillip Administrator

Yes, we've had a lot of listeners lately and this tends to happen espescially during midday-to-late afternoon US time. If you start listening earlier in the day or in the evening you should be able to get in. VIP memberships do offer a lot including twice the sound quality, guaranteed access 24/7, a better radio player and more. You can get a free five-day VIP trial here.

In the past 24-36 hours, we've had a lot of storms which have caused some technical issues from our live broadcast computer. The issues should be cleared up now though. If you still have trouble, post here with more details and we'll try to help.
  4. little jerry New Member

hiya phil jsut a quick question is Muppet central planning to do anything specail for Fred Rogers 80th birthday?
  5. Phillip Administrator

Fred Rogers' music will be in high rotation on Muppet Central Radio beginning tomorrow on his 80th birthday and through Easter weekend. Here are some Fred Rogers' Tributes from a few years ago.
  6. little jerry New Member

jumps up and down I jsut heard my all time favorite mister rogers song let's be together today yippie!:)
  7. David French Member

Spotted another mistake with regards to the titles of songs. You've just been playing Miss Piggy singing "On a Slow Boat to China" from the Roger Moore episode of TMS. According to Wikipedia, the full title is "(I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Boat to China".
  8. RyGuy New Member

MCR hasn't been functioning correctly

Hello, I have been noticing that the radio portion of the Muppet Central webpage is not functioning correctly. What happens is every time I click on the "Now Playing"logo just under the photo that corresponds with the song/ musicial piece that's currently playing, " I find myself on the default page which features a photo of the muppets in a group photo with Kermit the Frog in the center. on the top of the page, there's a big yellow symbol indicating to click here in order to play the station.

Whenever I click on the yellow symbol with the black arrow it brings up the normal sign-in page. when I type the required information it brings me to the normal "live 365 " intoductory "message with a male voice. I only hear a portion of an advertisement then the station "stops " and I am unable to hear the music. In Case you are wondering ,I am not a member of Live 365 .

My only theroy is that maybe you are required to be a member to acess MCR now . That's the only logicial explanation I can come up with. I put togther context clues and seeing this is occuring more frequently nowadays , that led me to believe this was the case . Am I correct ?:) :confused:
  9. Phillip Administrator

I believe that the first 10 times you listen, Live365 doesn't require you to login but after that they do. Your information is kept private and having an account gives you some additional listening options and features. Let us know if you still have trouble after you create an account.

Now if you what you are seeing is a station full message that means that all of our "free" listener slots are currently full. By signing up for a Live365 VIP membership you are guaranteed access 24/7 and get much higher sound quality.

Thanks for listening.
  10. MrsPepper Active Member

RyGuy, if you have iTunes you can listen for free, that's what I do. Somehow I got the station feed onto my iTunes playlist.
  11. The Count Moderator

Hi... Another thing you can try is, next time you log into MCR with your Live365 member name and password, click on the Remember Me checkbox nearby. This should help you on subsequent log-ins to the station feed as a free listener.
    Hope this helps.
  12. The Count Moderator

Hey Phil... Something weird just happened. So I'm listening to MCR as a free listener like always, which I can enjoy all the live-long day. But then I get this message saying that my curren free listener session wil expire in a few minutes, and to click a "Continue" button. That then allows me to keep listening like usual... But it feels like now Live365 is pushing the VIP sign-up feature more aggressively. Is this a new change to the radio station while I've been away lately? Just something that tweaked me the wrong way and thought I'd post about it. Hope this can be settled soonish.
  13. Phillip Administrator

It sounds like you are talking about the "Are You Still There" prompt that comes up about every 45 minutes or so on the free version of the stream. These began in March 2007 in response to much higher proposed royalty rates that we pay per listener per track. The "Are You Still There" prompt ensures that there is actually someone listening at that time and the stream isn't playing when no one is there.

Also beginning this month Live365 has dramatically increased their broadcasting fees and lowered the number of "free listeners" on all of their plans in response to the new royalty rates which are still being negotiated. So because of both of these factors, yes they are pushing VIP membership more as of late.
  14. The Count Moderator

Thanks. Sounds like a year after everybody's fears, we have to take up the fight again of keeping rates competitive and not the ridiculous raises initially talked about. Oh well, I hope MCR keeps playing.
  15. Erine81981 Active Member

Hey Phil. I was listening to the Muppet Radio today and saw a mess up on a Fraggle Rock song. The name was right and everything but it said it was from Season 2.

Heed To The DrumBeat was the song. Just wanted to let you know. Keep up the wonderful work you've done for this radio. I have songs you might not have send to you here sometime when i get a chance. But i'll email you first and let you tell me if you don't have them or do.
  16. Phillip Administrator

Good catch. This one has been updated.
  17. David French Member

Noticed a possible mistake - the LP version of "Lady of Spain" was played on MC Radio a couple of minutes ago. This was billed as simply "Lady of Spain", but the actual track listing as given on the back cover of the LP is Marvin Suggs and His Muppaphone Play "Lady of Spain".
  18. mikebennidict New Member

Looks like MC radio isn't working right now.

Disregaurd.
  19. mikebennidict New Member

Picture A World.

Haven't heard the song in a while.

Is it still in rotation?
  20. Phillip Administrator

Yes, we play three different versions. The original, the one with Julie Andrews and the latest version from the new "Love the Earth" DVD.