Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed Disco Frog. Even though it was released on the 1979 Sesame Street Disco album, Kermit sang it as the opening number on the Christopher Reeve episode of The Muppet Show.

jediX

Reaction score
It's also in the "Rock Music With the Muppets" Playhouse VHS, I believe (havn't pulled that one out in a while). If not THAT particular one, I KNOW its on one of the Playhouse tapes.

Whatever

Reaction score
Yay, I just heard "Honk around the clock!" Brings back memories... not sure of what. Thanks for the awesome radio, Phil!

JBSegal

Reaction score
Love. Lovelovelove. And yet I whine. :smile:

I discovered MCR on Saturday, the 17th. Due to being laid up from a gout attack, I've had FAR too much time to listen. I think that I've listened to about 50 hours of material in that time.

I'm loving this so very much...however I have a minor complaint that I need to voice.

In the time I've been listening, there has of course been repetition. However, the rotation is starting to bother me. I've heard varios BITBBH tracks 3-4 times today alone (the past 4h40m), as well as various other repeting tracks, while I know that there are hundreds of tracks that haven't been up in that time.

In my ideal world, there'd be no repeats until most of the playlist had played..yes, there are songs that I like more than others, but there's been nothing so far that's made me go "I must turn off the station"...though I have been tending to mute during the [n]th repetition of "Just Imagine" or "Oh Boy".

BUT just to emphasize, I love the station. There's been so much fabulous material, so much of which I haven't heard in years, if at all. (I'd never heard of Ol' Brown Ears Is Back, for example...but I've only heard about half of it so far...)

Thank you for this.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
JBSegal said:
I discovered MCR on Saturday, the 17th. Due to being laid up from a gout attack, I've had FAR too much time to listen. I think that I've listened to about 50 hours of material in that time.
So glad that you have been enjoying the music.

JBSegal said:
I've heard varios BITBBH tracks 3-4 times today alone (the past 4h40m), as well as various other repeting tracks, while I know that there are hundreds of tracks that haven't been up in that time.
At the absolute max, a Bear song could potentially play twice in one day. Now, what you described (a song repeating within a short amount of time) is kind of unusual, but it is possible. Let me explain.

The Bear songs are picked at random. It sounds like when you heard song x it was near the end of the Bear playlist. Then the playlist completed and randomized itself again. It just happened that song x came up again fairly soon, rather than song a, b or c. (Keep in mind I'm talking only about Bear, different categories of songs all repeat at different intervals.) Some changes to the Bear rotation in particular will be made in the near future to greatly minimize this sort of thing from happening again.

New music is added all the time. So please continue to listen frequently. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a question. I've been listening to MCR even more than usual, lately, and am enjoying many of the wonderful songs that it has to offer. I was wondering about some info for a few songs, though. One is a song by Clifford, singing about being on a roof, and another is a male voice singing about family, like "A father, a daughter, a mother, a son..." I was just wondering what these two songs were called and what productions they were from. Thanks, and take care.

-Squigiman

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Squigiman said:
"A father, a daughter, a mother, a son..."
You're probably thinking of a song from "The Muppet Musicians of Bremen."

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Squigiman said:
One is a song by Clifford, singing about being on a roof, and another is a male voice singing about family, like "A father, a daughter, a mother, a son..." I was just wondering what these two songs were called and what productions they were from.
1. "Up on the Roof" is from the Dennis Quaid episode of Muppets Tonight. It sounds like someone else recorded the song previously. Don't know who. Maybe someone can confirm if this is the case.

2. "A Family" is from The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. The animals are looking in and see shadows of what they think is a family when in reality it's really a group of robbers and thieves.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Wow! No one's posted since me. Anyways, just wondering where Dr. Teeth's performance of Billy Joel's "New York State Of Mind" is from. I've been noticing a lot, in listening to how often some songs are used by the Muppets. On the whole, Rowlf the Dog seems to be the ultimate cover artist on his "Ol Brown Ears" album, with a few Robin, Gonzo, and Kermit songs amongst his repertoire. Still, upon searching Kermitage, it seems as though both appearances on the show were Floyd's. The guide here says it was played on the Tonight Show, but was that Teeth's, or Floyd's, once more? Thanks for the help.

-Squigiman

Status
Not open for further replies.