Your first trip to the movies.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My dad and I were the only ones there seeing Lilo and Stitch. I'm pretty sure my ex and I were the only ones seeing Final Destination whatever it was. Not many people there seeing The Hangover either. Then again, that's one I kind of reluctantly agreed to since he wanted to see it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have vague memories of seeing Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame with my parents in theaters.
I think I probably saw that particular movie the most I've ever seen a movie in theaters... I think I may have seen it, maybe, six times.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The Lion King with my mother. I have vague memories of pulling into the parking lot of the theater, of all things, but no actual memories of seeing the movie. The first move that I can actually remember being in the theater for was Harriet The Spy, which I think was 1996 or so.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
First movie I ever saw at an actual theater (it was once of those fancy AMCs) was that so-so Garfield movie from 2000-something. Then we moved to High Springs where they had a run down old theater from the 30s (which is still in business!) where I saw Nacho Libre... Now there's 2 Regals close by in the town I'm in now where I see most other films (Alice In Wonderland, The Muppets, Frankenweenie, The Hobbit) By the time Frankenweenie was out they had switched from old school 35mm film reel projectors to computer projectors.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Disney's "Hercules". I was about 2 or 3 at the time (surprisingly, I do have a memory of this). Being so young, I didn't know how I was supposed to act at the movies, so I wound up innocenty forcing the whole family to leave the theater early.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My first trip to a movie theater was when Anastasia was in theaters, the other movies I saw in theaters since then were Elmo in Grouchland, Tarzan, The Simpsons Movie, Cars 2, 102 Dalmatians and The Muppets.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
My mom told me that the first movie I ever saw in a theater was James and The Giant Peach, but I was a baby so I have no recollection of that at all. The first movie that I actually remember seeing in a theater was Monsters Inc.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I know I saw many of the Disney Renaissance films of the 90s as a child but the first movie I distinctly remember seeing in theaters was Casper with my cousins. Then the next one I remember is Hercules and that I'm pretty sure the first real live-action movie I saw in theaters might have been Good Burger, I remember really having a hard time during that one. When it's your first time seeing that kind of slapstick not in a cartoon knowing it would hurt you if you actually tried it set 5-year-old me the wrong way. :eek:

In fact, I have such an insane memory I was somehow able to recall every movie I ever saw in theaters from 1998 to 2009. But I can't remember what I learned in class last semester. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First time I saw Good Burger (which was on VHS in 2000 in a hotel room), that was really the first time I was in such a gut-busting laugh fit over a single movie ever, from beginning to end.

That happened again when I later saw Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story for the first time.