to the Muppet Central Forum!
are viewing our forum as a guest. Join
our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please
contact us if
you need help with registration or your account login.
Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by frogboy4, May 5, 2002.
I want my own octopus. And a bowl of Jell-O...but that's ALL I'm gonna say about that!
I'd really like several chickens and penguins. It would also be cool to have several of those nameless pigs.
Oh, and rats. Rats are good.
Hey! I'm glad you like the wind up robot kermit, but i'm open for more ideas that might be more diffrent.
Zack)Rowlf the, wind up dog.(does a back flip)"...Bark...Bark..."Dog.
I was thinking much later if Robin could be made in his frogscout uiniform, (Debbie Harry ep)I don't know if Kermit appered in a Frog Scout uiniform in another ep? but they would look cool together in uiniforms.
i was hoping for the octopus with the patrol set!!!
how about the band in their pit uinforms? i thinks it's too late for them to be the repaints, just a brainstorming idea.
I almost forgot about Statler and Waldorf in their super hero outfits and the very end of the ep! they would look cool!
Cowbow Kermit and Cowbow Fozzie and Link in a sailor outfit or a Viking outfit would be grea too!
Zack)Rowlf the, how about gonzo in his armor suit?Dog.
I like the viking Link idea. And possibly the sailor uniforms. As for S&W in hero outfits, only Statler appeared in one (as Money-man) but doing one for Waldorf would be cool too. kinda like the Sam minuteman figure. I'd actually be cooler with seeing waldorf asa superhero than the Sam minuteman. I have no doubt about the success of this line. But I certinaly hope that it is successful enough that it continues for a while and we can see some of the more obscure but fun stuff we'd all love to see.
Hey, wonder how they could do a "Macho Man" costume change for Link and Gonzo? THAT was a funny sketch!
IDEAS: Repetetive? Yes! Imperative? YES!!
I must say…
1) NIGEL: He conducted the orchestra. Was NOT in that many sketches. IS a unique and wonderful character. Deserves to be made.
2) LIPS: Is an INTEGRAL part of Electric Mayhem. He is ANOTHER unique character and deserves to be made. He is one of the few YELLOW Muppets on The Muppet Show. Along with Nigel he would add to the color variety and make for an aesthetically pleasing collection.
3) GEORGE the Janitor: George has a great Muppet face. He is one of the few “human” characters. Probably even went to school with Statler & Waldorf. He cleans up the Muppet theatre for Pete’s sake. If Beau is going to be made…then his boss and role model should be there to see him through his clean-up duties.
4) MILDRED: Another very unique addition to the original Muppet family. She is Bright fuchsia!! She has pointy glasses and was voiced by Frank Oz! She is a wonderful character. No set would be complete without her. I know others agree…but we have just stopped hounding about her.
5) HILDA: Okay…I agree she is not that EXCITING of a character…but come on! Who doesn’t love her when she is on stage (or behind it). You have to make the people who kept the show going behind stage. PLUS is you are going to go all out…you can make George and Mildred and leave out the third point on that steamy LOVE TRIANGLE they obviously had going!!!
6) UNCLE DEADLY: Everyone would love to see him made. He was one of my favorites since I saw him. Talk about unique. I thin kyou are set on making him anyway, so I don’t need to talk him up.
7) THOG: You know, I love THOG too…but if I get only one big guy…SWEETUMS is my choice. If Thog isn’t made, I will understand and won’t be too broken up…he would be nice, but don’t replace some of these characters with voices and personalities with him. Make him a playset, not a figure in the line-up.
8) MAHNA-MAHNA: He is a cult favorite. No doubt. But he really wasn’t in the family. I would love to have him, but I think he is less important than some of these other guys. ONLY because he was never really developed other than…doo-doo bee doodoo…
9) WAYNE & WANDA: Would be a great two pack. They are just two poor schmoes who got dragged into the madness that was The Muppet Show. They only added to the mix…never detracted. Maybe you could make a three pack with Uncle Deadly. They kind of went together.
10) BOPPITY & GLOAT FRACKLES: These would make another fantastic two pack. They are in promos, were always in the show. Spoke some…not much…but always made a striking visual impression. They are great characters…and you have to have at least a couple of monsters to have a Muppet Show collection right?
Alex G. Bowman
Chill and leave some gaps...
Richard Hunt performed Mildred...
Frank Oz performed Miss Piggy...
Lew Zealand comparison picture...!
I am sorry but I have a question. I have an important picture I would like to post here. I have it saved on my "paint" program and on my desktop. Wil someone PLEASE tell me how to post it here.
The Untechnological wonder...alex zealand
1) ANNIE SUE: Piggy's rival! We need to make more female figures anyway right?
2) POPS: Gotta have Pops! He greeted the guests! He is a backstage mainstay!!
3) MARVIN SUGGS: I love him, but I don't really care if he is made. He is after all just a performer. Never much in teh way of a "character" like Pops or George. He would be great though
4) J.P. GROSSE: Again...wouldn't mind if he wasn't made, but he owns the theater. Maybe he should come with it. hmm...you could pack in a photo albulm with tiny pics of Scooter and Skeeter as babies...hehe...he is their uncle right?
Please will someone post a picture for me? I have made an alternate sketch of the LEW ZEALAND figure and compared the two. email me if you will post it for me. Or at least tell me how. IT IS IMPERATIVE!! argh!
let the anticipation begin...
Well, I was at Toys R US yesterday...and I overheard a worker talking to someone in the store in the action figure aile...the worker said 'Yeah, The Simpsons line just isnt moving at all anymore'...and I jumped in and said 'aw, you know what everyone is saying is gonna be the next Simpsons line? Palisade's Muppet show line'...and I swear both the worker and the guy lit up...'Oh yeah! I think Wizard is offering a tuxedo tux Kermit'..'Have you seen the paint detail on those?' A bit of an unscientific poll, but I think its safe to say(Especially from seeing those great finished blister packed pix) the Muppet show figures are gonna be the hottest thing around this summer and beyond.
I think avergae collectors and enthusists who might not even know about the line, will be plesantly surprised when they go into their local kb, eb, hot topic, toys r us, comic shop, etc in a few weeks!
If I were the King of Palisades, here is how I would break series 5-8 down:
SERIES 5: (I know this one is already 90% established)
Gonzo in purple suit (w/ Camilla)
PLAYSET: Koozebane w/ Trenchcoat Kermit
PLAYSET: Vets Lab w/ Dr. Bob
Blown up Beaker
PLAYSET: Bear-On-Patrol Station w/ Patrol Fozzie
Alternate Sam the Eagle (Uncle Sam?)
Pepe (***if NO Pepe, insert Alternate Scooter here***)
Mahna-Mahna (w/ Snowths)
PLAYSET: Dressing Room w/ Alternate Miss Piggy
I have a LOT of ideas actually, but maybe I should save my series 9-12 for another time!!
Let's hear 'em Travis...I am intrigued. Although I would, if I were to crit your choices, not pick the Miss Piggy playset where you put it. Why? I would go with something more choice, like a Backstage Set, since it would be around Christmas when it comes out (I know you didn't know that) and also because of a Piggy I am thinking about for '03 that I REALLY want to do.
But all in all...good line plan. You could make a career out of this...
Yes Travis, that is a good line! I would only change the scooter alternet to Lips, that way we can get him in there, and then with the back stage set with robin and sweetums.
I put the Scooter alternate at the end there for a reason. I wanted to stick with the "2 big guns, 1 secondary, and one fan favorite" format for each series.
5 6 7 8
BIG GUN 1 Gonzo Piggy Beaker Sam
BIG GUN 2 Statler Waldorf Rizzo Scooter
SECONDARY Beau Janice Link Marvin Suggs
FAN FAVE Newsman Deadly Pops Mahna-Mahna
I don't work in the industry, but from what I have gathered, you have to have the "big guns" there to anchor the line. In a similar fashion, you have to have a popular, recognizeable character enclosed with the playset... or else they will sit on the shelf. With my plan for 5-8 (although, as I said, 5 was not really MY idea) the playsets would come with Kermit, Rowlf (Dr. Bob), Fozzie, and Piggy -- ALL BIG GUNS.
My original plan included Pops with a stage door playset, but I realized that Pops would probably not move too many playsets. While all of the Muppet fans would buy it, the general public probably would not.
Thanks!! Give me a little more time to formulate what I would like to do with 9-12 and I will post it.
As for your suggestion about the backstage playset... I thought about that. Honestly I did. But I was going to suggest making that a larger playset -- like the Stage playset w/ Sweetums -- and selling it independent of any specific Series.
I have been wracking my brain to come up with "Muppet Labs Sized" playsets -- especialy playsets that could include variations of major characters. That's why I suggested a dressing room. It is a space that was used on over half of the shows, and it would fit Miss Piggy perfectly. Just an idea.
Anyway, more to come. Thanks for the encouragement.
Oh I see now;-) yes, i guess i was only thinking of just getting Lips in there just to say they ended with only 8 series.just shove the stage set, back stage set, and a Lips and Thog fig in there and you got a perfect entire Muppet Show set!
well i would actualy rather have an animal alternate then Scooter seen that Scooter will most likely have an exculsive "at least another fourm of him" and animal will only have one fig and he's going to be very popular, but as Ken said they may do an Animal repaint for the next fair in san fran, being another harder fig to get with only 400 made.
so then Scooter could be done if that and no Pepe, but what kinda Scooter were you thinking of? Ringmaster Scooter from the dancing bear song in the first ep of the MS? that would be cool with a mustash,top hat, wip and all. and Fozzie was just good old fozzie in that so they could be paired together latter when you own them both.
Zack)Rowlf the, or alternate Kermit would be good too,but it would be nice to give it to scooter or animal,Dog.
I see that there is a way that Gonzo, Beauregard, Statler, Newsman, Reporter Kermit, Nurse Piggy, Dr. Bob, Waldorf, Lips, Exploded Beaker, Patrol Link, Patrol Bear, Marvin Suggs, Uncle Deadly, Rizzo, Motorcycle Piggy, Pops, Gaffer, Sweetums, Robin and Thog can all be included in 2003 and Pepe as well. I don't see what the whole competition is. I would like Nigel, Lewis Kazagger or even Annie Sue, but I could wait for them. I would also like to see Mahnah Mahnah, but there has been a reported problem with the rights.
Since it looks like 2 versions of Sam are already coming out, I don't see the need for a third Sam figure coming out next year.
Yes Jamie, that's a good point, of all the figs Kermit and Miss Piggy will have the most(which they should!)
the regular Kermit and Piggy, Tux Kemit and long haried Piggy, Reporter Kermit and Firstmate Piggy along with Nurse Piggy, and then maybe Motorcycle Piggy
...hmm the Pig gets more, maybe there should be another Kermit like frog scoutmaster Kermit with packin Frogscout Robin, even thought I'm not sure if Kermit appeard like that in the show.just an idea.
have it been stated the foo foo will come with the vets set or motorcycle piggy?either will work.
all thought i like the idea of another Sam, I'm not too big on the Tux, not that i don't like it, but uncle Sam "Sam" would be the top of my list!
I know the Swdish Chef wouldn't really make much of a diffrent repaint,(Bunsen as well) but just to add a shot gun with Chef would be neat,but there are MUCH better ideas.
Animal does need a repaint.
Zack)Rowlf the, Dog.
I see what you mean about Sam; however, ONE of the two variations coming out is a proposed EXCLUSIVE, and I did not consider those among the regular assortment... Some fans may not be able to get them -- that is why I included a second Sam.
As for Pepe, the general vibe that I am getting is that people would rather see the classics come first... so in my "plan," I am sticking to classic TMS characters.
Again, these are just my prelimiary ideas. More to come... (I know, I know... please try to contain your excitement... LOL)
Ken was talking about a possible Animal repaint this year.
Anyway, the reason I'm not hot on another Sam or Kermit is that they are unneccessary 2004-type figures. I'd rather see some characters that haven't yet been made at all - much less someone like Sam (who will have 2 figures already) and Kermit (Who will have 3 by then). I'm sure more Kermits will come out if the line makes past 03 and possibly another Sam and Bunsen too, but I really hope they don't clog up the regular selection. Keep in mind that the Kermit and Sam you propose would be choice, so they would come in the reguar line. I'd rather have any number of other characters first.
Separate names with a comma.