Reaction score
Let's look at the facts:

Series 8 (designations 9-01-03)
MT
TMS
TMS
MTM
*there is NO army builder type pack-in for Series 8
** there may be exclusive for S8. It's still being planned out. (9-20-03)
***BUT there is one comic-con exclusive planned as an MTI variant for around S8

Also, as I recall, matleo said that Ken said there'd be a pack-in in every series. S8 just doesn't happen to have an army builder. Sal is to come in a 'buddies' pack, meaning he'll have a pack-in. But what kind of pack-in could Sal have that wouldn't be an army builder? Ergo I think Sal comes later, not that that means Rowlf is in this series.

Still, going on this info there is a pack-in in this series, a non-army builder pack-in. What could that be? Gaffer the backstage cat? Maybe. What about Miss Piggy's dog, Foo-foo? Now there's a likely choice. As to which incarnation of Piggy would include Foo-foo, I can think of only Nurse Piggy. So I'm going to guess that Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice are the two S8 TMS characters. Rather than include Phil Van Neuter, another Muppet doctor, with the 2 nurses, I would think that the MT character if it's not Phil and it's not Sal can only be Bobo. MTM, I can only guess, but I'm going to say Movie Usher Scooter. With a Piggy in this wave and Kermit in S7 it wouldn't be one of their incarnations.

That's my guesses:
1) Nurse Piggy
2) Nurse Janice
3) Movie Usher Scooter
4) Bobo the Bear

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

jediX

Reaction score
TMS1-Muppet Sports Announcer Guy. Don't know his real name but hey, they made Johnnie Fiama for crying out loud!!!
Hey Cap,
The "Wide World Of Muppet Sports" announcer's name is Lewis Kazagger.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Something just occurred to me about my S8 prediction: Marvin Suggs. S8 still needs a tentpole figure, so that's probably either regular Rowlf or Movie Usher Scooter (though probably not both). Don't know exactly what to guess beyond that if Suggs is in S8.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Just a quick question...

So what the heck is an "army builder" figure??? is that a smaller fig who is packed in with another mainstay??? Say, like the penguins??? Or the rats??? To be p[acked randomly or with one Muppet??? I'm a little confused on that term. And is "Tentpole" some kinda marketing term?? Just revelling in my ignorance here... HAHAH.. Thanks for all of your insight and the Wide World of Muppet Sports guys name... You guys rock.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Here is my guess:

1. Regular Rowlf (TMS)
2. Lips (TMS)
3. Sal Manilla (MT)
4. Yolanda (MTM)

jediX

Reaction score
Well typically "army builder" refers to a product that is multiple of a generic character so that you can have many of them quickly (such as the various types of stormtrooper ones offered by Hasbro), but I don't know how this relates to the Muppet line.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I am not sure, but I believe that army builders in the Muppet World are figures that there were many of on the show. The first ones that come into my mind are chickens, rats, and penguins - although there were also a lot of pigs, frogs, and other animals...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I thought so...

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. I'd buy a few packs of penguins, rats and chickens!!! heck, I'd buy whatever. I love the durn Muppets and I probably set up my figs all day every day. It's not playing with them, per-se, but it sure is cool anyway.

zootsuit

Reaction score
My ideal list for series 8, although the likely hood of some of these coming to pass is non-existent, would be as follows:

For the Muppets Take Manhattan: a two-pack of Chester or Masterson and Yolanda; or maybe a muppet baby would be nice, although that's even less likely

For the Muppets Tonight: I'm not as familiar with Muppet's Tonight - but if Bobo the Bear is the security gauard, he would be great

For the two Muppet Show: Pops and Marvin Suggs

:smile: Wouldn't that be nice?

jediX

Reaction score
Here's a few condensed ideas...

2 TMS: Frackle (This can be the repainted figure, having several colors available...maybe red, blue, green DEFINATELY!!!, etc), Lips (so I can complete the band :-D)

MT-Bill (Hey, why not? I can' think of any other MT I wanna see other than Sal and the raisin-head guy on the Deep Dish 9)

Movie-Gosh..what's his name. You know, the blind lizard dude in Treasure Island. And I just watched that movie last weekend, too..... :embarrassed:

For later waves I'd like to see them drop the movie versions (I mean, how frickin many costumed Kermits do you need? How many Han Solo variants has Hasbro done?!) and add in something else. JHH or other "obscure" Henson things would be nice instead. And if the rights are available, I'd love to see goblins from Labyrinth, maybe in a multipack. Guess I'm just dreaming....I'll have to stick w/ LOTR Orcs....