Your Sesame Moment

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Since PBS is doing a series of short spots where celebrities talk aboput their Sesame Street moments I thought I might start a thread for the rest of us, those of us who like myself have no realistic hope of ever getting on TV.

I have two: the first is when I was little and I saw Kermit singing Bein' Green, I found it a very interesting song and it reminded me to be myself. The second is when my daughter Megan discovered Elmo's World.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This shoe surprises me all the time. They're are truly too many moments on this show for me to ever come up with just one favorite.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Mine would be sitting in front of the TV, watching Sesame Street in the late 1970's, and my older brother, mom, and father all breaking out and singing Rubber Duckie when it came on. You need to realize, for my mom this was no big deal. She was a singer and guitarist. But, my dad and brother were both tone deaf, and not into that kind of zanyness. For a four year old to witness, it was awesome.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My favorite Sesame Street moment is always awaiting the new season...but this year it's been a bit of a tiresome since the new season was delayed by four months.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think is one of my favorite moments to. The new season used to always take me by surprize.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think I have just one moment, but I'm trying to think of specific things I remember from at the time.

There was one sketch with a cowboy family that lived in a house shaped like a triangle and everything they owned was also triangle shaped. I remember seeing that on the TV at Pre-school, in the morning before class started.

I remember the end of an episode where Gladys the Cow is talking to Bob. Bob says they're going to play the closing theme, and Gladys says she does NOT want to sing that song about "sweeping the COWS away!" And Bob laughs and tells her, "No Gladys, it's sweeping the clouds away!"

And Forgetful Jones is holding a sign that has "NO" on it. He asks a little girl what the sign says. She, of course, keeps saying "No." And Forgetful cries, "Oh why won't you tell me what it says??"

messyplace

Reaction score
we dont seem to get sesame street over here any more....im not sure though.

Never on when I'm watching TV anyway.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
check out your PBS station website and make sure that they still carry it.