Your Sesame Street Era

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I was born in 1972 and I was not privileged to see the very first episode or the first Gordons but I do remember some great vintage stuff. I watched Sesame Street until 1989. Boy, do I miss those great episodes!

superboober

Reaction score
My main religious period was from about 1983 when I was 1 to about 1989. I've tuned in sporadically after that.

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
I was born in '76 so I watched from about '78 until the end of the 80's. I tried to watch a show or two now but it just isn't the same anymore:frown:. They don't have all the cool, and neat skits, and cartoons, and films that most of us grew up on.. unless you get Noggin which will show some of the old episodes time to time. I used to have DVR for a while and set it to tape Sesame Street Unpaved in the AM so when I came home after work in the evening I would watch.

I belong to youtube.com and I am pleased to see that some other people out there have found some of the classic skits, cartoons, and songs and have been adding them to the site I have several SS skits added into my favorites list.

-Bert and Ernie skit where Bert is trying to give his nephew Brad a bath.
-The Golden AN skit.
-The Crow and the Fox cartoon.
-The cartoon of the morphing alphabet.
-The school cartoon.

I had the "That's a horse" film at one point (which was one of my favorite films) but silly me I think I ended up removing it from my list of favorites, and now it seems it is no longer on the site.

helpers

Reaction score
I started watching around 75. Everyday is was part of my routine along with Captain Kangaroo. I guess 75-80.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Chris Von Count said:
I was born in '76 so I watched from about '78 until the end of the 80's. I tried to watch a show or two now but it just isn't the same anymore:frown:. They don't have all the cool, and neat skits, and cartoons, and films that most of us grew up on.. unless you get Noggin which will show some of the old episodes time to time. I used to have DVR for a while and set it to tape Sesame Street Unpaved in the AM so when I came home after work in the evening I would watch.

I belong to youtube.com and I am pleased to see that some other people out there have found some of the classic skits, cartoons, and songs and have been adding them to the site I have several SS skits added into my favorites list.

-Bert and Ernie skit where Bert is trying to give his nephew Brad a bath.
-The Golden AN skit.
-The Crow and the Fox cartoon.
-The cartoon of the morphing alphabet.
-The school cartoon.

I had the "That's a horse" film at one point (which was one of my favorite films) but silly me I think I ended up removing it from my list of favorites, and now it seems it is no longer on the site.
Noggin is no longer showing the older SS shows.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I watched the show from Season One onward...and only recently stopped. The Sesame Street I remember most would have to be the "golden age" 70s episodes; the 80s had me wondering "what the hey?" with new characters and "around the corner", but still felt like decent programming. But after the early 90s...that's when I learned the usefulness of channel-changing. *LOL*

fozziegod

Reaction score
1970's and beyond

:smile: I started watching in the early 70's. I began watching it again in 1999 when my daughter was born. It was nice to see alot of the segments that I remembered being shown again. :excited:

Frogster

Reaction score
I think I caught the tail end of what I'd call the "good stuff". I was born in '85, and I stopped watching it about 1994. So I left before Elmo took over. I saw the last stuff that Richard and Jim did, so I'm glad I can say that.

Marky

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue:

I was born in 1973, so I guess my era starts somewhere around season seven (1975-1976) until when The Empire Strikes Back came out! I remember laughing in the theatre with my brother when Yoda spoke saying "Grover! Grover!"