Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Back from luker mode for a short moment. I got the set today and have just scaned it quickly before I need to go out the door.

it looks great. the box open just like a egg.
Disc 1 contains season 1 and 2 bonus features "The Makeing of Dinosaurs" and "The Sketches that started it all"
The other 3 discs contain season 2.
Dont know much about the dino-eggs yet. Theres one on the menu screen on disc 1 with Bill Barretta holding the original sculpture of earl in his hand while telling about the suit. Theres also a intro with Brian Henson telling about the dino-egg feature.
Haven't really seen any of the bonus features yet. In the bonus features theres with Brian Henson, Kirk Thatcher, Bob Young, Michael Jacobs, Bill Barretta and others talking about how they made the show.

Thats all from me now...it's time to back to the real life :smile:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Great to know, Muppet_dk. :smile:

How is the picture and sound quality?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do you happen to know if the episodes are uncut or if syndicated prints are used? Do they include the original openings, or the season 3 openings used in syndication?

Metacritter

Reaction score
Hurray! A minor miracle has occurred: A store in Colorado Springs has something on the release date!

I'll be picking up my copy after work today. I know what I'll be doing in the evening for the next couple of weeks. :excited:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The picture and sound quality is excelent
I've only seen the episodes on disc 1 (1st season) and they seem uncut, I do have the first season episodes on VHS, however I'am not home these days so I cant compare them. Also did not know that about the openings.

The behind the scenes stuff is a bit disapointing, not much new information is given, and just a few very short clips from the sets. The rest is new interview material. The length of the 2 features are jsut around 20 minutes. But looking past that it is still a nice set, and I'am happy to get to see this great show once again.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Also did not know that about the openings.
All of the openings had the same beginning, with Earl coming home from work. The clips were different between seasons, but all three openings had the clip from the first episode where Baby hatches, and I think they all end with Earl pressing a button on the remote controll.

I think you could tell which opening it is because the clips were specific to the season. Season 1 had only season 1 clips, season 2 replaced some clips with season 2 clips, and season 3 replaced some clips with season 3 clips. Season 4 just had the same opening as season 3.

Some episodes had shorter openings, which end with Earl saying "Honey, I'm home!", and then fading to black as the executive producer credits appears, instead of showing a clip montage. The opening for The Simpsons also get's shortened every once in awhile (and most episodes have shorter openings in syndication).

In either the third or fourth season, the shows began with a cold opening (I can't remember which season it was, and I frequently watched the show during it's original network run), and in syndication, all episodes had cold openings (the beginning scenes were just shown first, then the opening would be shown).

Another difference in syndication is that the Walt Disney Pictures (or was it Walt Disney Television?) logo was replaced with the Buena Vista Television logo.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I pick up my copy, and man I'm totally happy with it. :smile:

The Suncoast up here in the mall in Colorado Springs had only two copies left, now just one, becuase I brought one. Great DVD to pick up.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that would make a good feature on the season 3 set (assuming that season 3 get's released) would be the promo that advertised the fact that the show moved to friday nights on TGIF. That promo had the Sinclairs inside some kind fo tornado (similar to The Jim Henson Hour opening). When I first saw that promo, I thought that was going to be a scene in the next episode.