1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by muppet_dk, Apr 27, 2006.

1. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Back from luker mode for a short moment. I got the set today and have just scaned it quickly before I need to go out the door.

it looks great. the box open just like a egg.
    Disc 1 contains season 1 and 2 bonus features "The Makeing of Dinosaurs" and "The Sketches that started it all"
    The other 3 discs contain season 2.
    Dont know much about the dino-eggs yet. Theres one on the menu screen on disc 1 with Bill Barretta holding the original sculpture of earl in his hand while telling about the suit. Theres also a intro with Brian Henson telling about the dino-egg feature.
    Haven't really seen any of the bonus features yet. In the bonus features theres with Brian Henson, Kirk Thatcher, Bob Young, Michael Jacobs, Bill Barretta and others talking about how they made the show.

Thats all from me now...it's time to back to the real life :)
  2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Great to know, Muppet_dk. :)

How is the picture and sound quality?
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Do you happen to know if the episodes are uncut or if syndicated prints are used? Do they include the original openings, or the season 3 openings used in syndication?
  4. Metacritter

Metacritter New Member

Hurray! A minor miracle has occurred: A store in Colorado Springs has something on the release date!

I'll be picking up my copy after work today. I know what I'll be doing in the evening for the next couple of weeks. :excited:
  5. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

The picture and sound quality is excelent
    I've only seen the episodes on disc 1 (1st season) and they seem uncut, I do have the first season episodes on VHS, however I'am not home these days so I cant compare them. Also did not know that about the openings.

The behind the scenes stuff is a bit disapointing, not much new information is given, and just a few very short clips from the sets. The rest is new interview material. The length of the 2 features are jsut around 20 minutes. But looking past that it is still a nice set, and I'am happy to get to see this great show once again.
  6. minor muppetz

All of the openings had the same beginning, with Earl coming home from work. The clips were different between seasons, but all three openings had the clip from the first episode where Baby hatches, and I think they all end with Earl pressing a button on the remote controll.

I think you could tell which opening it is because the clips were specific to the season. Season 1 had only season 1 clips, season 2 replaced some clips with season 2 clips, and season 3 replaced some clips with season 3 clips. Season 4 just had the same opening as season 3.

Some episodes had shorter openings, which end with Earl saying "Honey, I'm home!", and then fading to black as the executive producer credits appears, instead of showing a clip montage. The opening for The Simpsons also get's shortened every once in awhile (and most episodes have shorter openings in syndication).

In either the third or fourth season, the shows began with a cold opening (I can't remember which season it was, and I frequently watched the show during it's original network run), and in syndication, all episodes had cold openings (the beginning scenes were just shown first, then the opening would be shown).

Another difference in syndication is that the Walt Disney Pictures (or was it Walt Disney Television?) logo was replaced with the Buena Vista Television logo.
  7. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Sweeeet going to buy it now!
  8. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I pick up my copy, and man I'm totally happy with it. :)

The Suncoast up here in the mall in Colorado Springs had only two copies left, now just one, becuase I brought one. Great DVD to pick up.
  9. minor muppetz

One thing that would make a good feature on the season 3 set (assuming that season 3 get's released) would be the promo that advertised the fact that the show moved to friday nights on TGIF. That promo had the Sinclairs inside some kind fo tornado (similar to The Jim Henson Hour opening). When I first saw that promo, I thought that was going to be a scene in the next episode.
  10. travellingpat

AWESOME ok who found the "easter eggs" i cant find any.....
  11. minor muppetz

So, have there been any reviews on any websites? I look at The Internet Movie Database, but there were no external reviews listed (not even for the series itself). I am surprised that this hasn't been reviewed at Muppet Central, considering Muppet Central has reviewed a lot of recent DVDs before they were even released.
  12. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Here are the eggs!

I've hunted all over the discs and uncovered the eggs. I found 7 hidden Dino-Eggs, and here's where they are. Spoiler Warnings Ahead! Enjoy...

Disc 1 (3 eggs)
    From the main menu select the highlighted egg "O" in the Dinosaurs logo (the cursor’s default start position) to see an introduction to Dino-Eggs by Brian Henson. (0:20)

On the main menu highlight "Bonus Features" and press left to highlight the hidden egg. Press enter to play a clip where Bill Barretta talks about being inside Earl Sinclair. (2:22)

On the set-up menu highlight "Creating Dinosaurs: The Sketches That Started It All" and press left to highlight the hidden egg, Press enter to play a clip where Michael Jacobs points out something about the character's names (0:40)

Disc 2 (1 egg)
    On the set-up menu highlight "Main Menu" and press right to highlight the hidden egg. Press enter to play an "Ask Earl" archive clip that asks "What's your favorite kind of dinosaur?" (0:25)

Disc 3 (2 eggs)
    On the main menu highlight "Set-Up" and press down to highlight the hidden egg. Press enter to play an "Ask Earl" archive clip that asks "What's the message behind 'Dinosaurs'?" (0:20)

On the set-up menu highlight "Main Menu" and press left to highlight the hidden egg. Press enter to see a special Easter egg clip of Bill Barretta and Allan Trautman joking around. (0:15)

Disc 4 (1 egg)
    On the set-up menu highlight "English for the Hearing Impaired" and press left to highlight the hidden egg. Press enter to watch Bill Barretta share some of his personal behind-the-scenes photos. (1:22)
  13. travellingpat

SWWEEEEETTT thanks
  14. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

bought it lastnight... mom n dad and my brother ALL sat down and watched ALL of disc one with me! lol :) we all laughed and laughed and ponited out what we remembered. :smirk: i forgot how much Earel sayed "he**" and "dam"! lol

**baby wacks earel in the head**...."I love you!" HAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol :p
  15. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

You missed a few

Disc 2
    On the episode selection, highlight episode 5 and press down.
    Bill and Allan talks about Automatronincs (0:23)

Disc 3
    On the episode selection, highlight episode 12 and press down.
    Bill Barretta sits with baby sinclair puppet and talks about how it works (1:48)

Disc 4
    On the episode selection, highlight episode 21 or 22 and press up.
    Peter Brooke talks about the dinosuars middlenames (0:10)
  16. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

thanks for the update

You know as soon as I posted that first list I decided to look at the episode selection menus for eggs...I did, and found them too. I really liked how they included the little trinkets hidden around the discs.
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

im the DVD Got to love me is all i can say for this dvd set
  18. I had no idea about this until I saw it in stores last night---too cool, I'll have to get me some "Dinosaurs"!
  19. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

was there a season 3 and 4 i know i saw some shows that i didn't see on the disks?
  20. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Yes, there was a third (22 episodes) and fourth (14 episodes) seasons produced...hopefully they find their way onto DVD discs in the near future.