Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Given what happened in the last episode of the show, it would be kind of hard to bring it back.
oi! smacks head how in the world could I have forgotten about that!
I tell people about it all the time....man no other shows ending had made me cry like this shows and Rosane :frown:

superboober

Reaction score
Unless they were to somehow explain it off by saying Earl dreamed this specific apocalypse ala Newhart. Dippy, to be sure, but you never know...

Metacritter

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
oi! smacks head how in the world could I have forgotten about that!
I tell people about it all the time....man no other shows ending had made me cry like this shows and Rosane :frown:
I was forewarned, watched it years after the show had ended, and I was still depressed for a week.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Metacritter said:
I was forewarned, watched it years after the show had ended, and I was still depressed for a week.
it was one of the sadest things i've ever seen in my life.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just got the set yesterday. The first episode I watched was the one episode on the set that I don't ever remember seeing, WESAYSO Knows Best. I also found some of the Dino-eggs (I've seen websites that listed where they are, but I keep forgetting where they are). I also watched one of the documentaries, I forget the title of it but it's not the design skecthes one.

The Dino-Eggs are cool. I found the ones on the characters last names, how the Baby puppet works (I think this was the first time I saw somebody operating it, and am surprised by how big the Baby puppet actually is.... it looks like a really big stuffed toy), the din-egg on some of the middle names (I read about this feature and thought that it revealed some significance to the middle names, like how the last names have some significance, but this just says what Earl and Robbie's middle names are, as well as Ethyl's maden name, which are all said on the show, and though I can't remember if Ethyl's maden name was mentioned in any of the episodes on this set, as I don't ever remember her name mentioned, all one has to do is watch the episodes and they will hear the middle names, especially Earl's middle name, which is mentoned a lot), a feature with Bill Barretta holding up a small model of Earl, and an egg where Bill Baretta and some other guy mention some way to fidn a dino egg (I keep forgetting the instructions). I also saw Brian Henson's introduction to the eggs.

Here are some quick reviews of the episodes I saw on the set:

WESAYSO Knows Best: This is a really good episode. It'sa sad that it took so long for me to see this one. Though at times it seems hard to tell if the Sinclairs (other than Earl) are actually for Roy replacing Earl or if they are against it. Five Stars.
What "Sexual" Harris Meant: another great episode, though I only remember watching this onetwice. I remember seeing commercials for this epsiode and, since Monica was in the commercials (and with this being her second appearance), I though this was a rerun of Unmarried... with Children. It is funny how sexist and innapropiate WESAYSO is. Sexual Harris should have made more appearances (though obviously the unisaur that he was made from was used many other times, and Jason Alexander usually voiced unisaurs made from him). Five stars.
Power Erupts: A funny episode focusing on Robbie, and on B.P. Richfield trying to stop Robbie from making energy free for all. I wonder if Robbie could have provided free energy from a different volcanoe (assuming there are other volcanoes in the Dinosaurs world). Four stars.
The Howling: an early episode focusing on Robbie not wanting to howl at the moon, and about Earl and Roy's friendship. The scene with Roy putting Earl's head in his mouth is a classic to me, as is Baby constantly asking if each present is for him. It's especially funny when Roy talks while eating his food, and also when Ethyl and Fran discuss Robbie's howling party while the Baby keeps wanting attention (ending Fran's sentences with "...and Baby"). Four stars.
High Noon: Out of all the first season episodes, this one seems to have the least bit of classic quality to me. In this one, Earl has to face a male who has his eye on Fran. And the man is taller than the Sinclair's house. Three stars.
The Job Wizard: This episode shows that Dinosaurs get their jobs because a job wizard decides for them. Because of this, Ethyl's comments from Hurling Day about Earl being a tree pusher 20 years ago and still being one seems a bit odd. Still enjoyable, though. Five stars.
Employee of the Month: This one is a classic for me. The Sinclairs adopt a caveman (actually, a cave woman, but the sinclairs can't tell the difference). Also, Mr. Richfield puts up a suggestion box and makes Earl the employee of the month, and plans to come to Earl's house, but doesn't. Too bad there wasn't an explanation for him not comming over (was it just a set-up? Did something get in the way? Did he forget?) Five stars.
Unmarried... with Children: the first appearance of Monica. It seems odd that Fran didn't know that marriage licenses had to be renewed (are only a limited number of Dinosuars aware of this?). I would expect Earl to not know, but not Fran. Four stars.

Well, I'll watch and review more later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've watched a few more episodes, so now here are a few more reviews:

Nuts to War part 1: It is kind of funny how pictachio nuts seem to be a limited snack food. Is this true? Anyway, this is part one of Dinosaurs' only two-part episode, and it seems a little bit serious. I wonder if Fran not believing the Baby in the cookie creature was inspired by the Sesame Street adults thinking that Mr. Snuffleupagus was Big Bird's imaginary friend. It would have been a funny refference if Baby reffererd to the "cookie creature" as the "cookie monster". I find it odd how, with all the names listed in the episodes cast credits at the beginning, Spike is not listed as part of the cast. These two episodes also seem to be a spotlight for Howard Handupme, who is funny in both parts of this. Four stars.
Nuts to War part 2: This episode is a little bit better than part one. It's funny how Earl and Roy disguise themselves as dancing girls. Also funny how B.P. Richfield was about to support both sides of the war (I wonder if Mr. Burns or SCTV's Guy Cabelerro would do something like this). It would have been great if this two-parter had shown other brontosaurases besides Monica. Four stars.
The Mighty Megalasauras: The first episode is one of my favorites. Many classic moments, such as Baby being hatched. Too bad that Arthur Rizzic didn't continue to appear as Richfield's assistant (yes, I know that the same puppet was used in other episodes, usually with the same voice and performer). He would have made a great Smithers-type character. I wonder if Richfield ate him. Richfield also seems a bit nicer in this episode than in other episodes. Five stars.

I also watched the feature on the design sketches. Very cool. I wonder what the show would have been like if Ethyl was a pteridactal. Too bad there weren't design sketches shown for Roy, Mr. Richfield, Monica, or Spike. Also too bad that this feature didn't show any revised design sketches. But hey, you've got to have something for the next set(s). And this was the first time that I saw what Kirk Thatcher looks like, and he doesn't look like I pictured him (I kind of expected him to look like Bill Barretta).

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Metacritter said:
Hurray! A minor miracle has occurred: A store in Colorado Springs has something on the release date!

I'll be picking up my copy after work today. I know what I'll be doing in the evening for the next couple of weeks. :excited:
YEay! another MCer from Colorado! man, how many are we up to now...

I LOVE this box set, its one of my fav's
Only it didnt have the one where Robbie baby sits - that one is the funniest- maybe on anoter season?