Your Thoughts: Ed Sullivan Muppets Magic DVD

Fighbird

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
Quick question though, at the end of one of the skits, (forget which one at the moment, forgive me), when Jim comes out to take his bow a blonde puppeteer also comes out. Does anyone know who this is?
Yeah, anyone know anything about him?

Besides Jim and Frank, does anybody know, who puppeteered these skits? I'm not that familiar with the early productions, but I'm guessing that Jerry Juhl would be one and Jerry Nelson (although I can't recognise his voice).

Also, does anybody know how much was performed to a vocal track and how much was "live" vocals?

And, in general, I can only say what everybody else has been saying: What a great DVD in an awful case. :smile:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I finally got mine last night. I love it! I think it's a great look at the important history of the Muppets. I love seeing the evolution of some early favourite characters, as well as the evolution of Henson's style in general. I think I like this particular version of Manah Manah best of all. The SS version is closest to the original record (by Piero...um...I forget the last name) and the TMS version is indicative of someone who's been doing the skit for some time...but I like the loose feel of Jim's ad-lib's in this one. In general, I find it highly enjoyable. My daughter is watching it right now and seems very captivated by it!

eric

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I believe the Muppets were working with pre-recorded tracks wherever possibly until the late 1960s. Jim did most of the voices, but I'm sure that wasn't always the case.

zoetrope

Reaction score
Well, I'm a little late to this party, but I just got the Muppets Magic DVD and watched it last night with my 5 year old daughter. We both loved it. I'm just blown away by the creativity and the artistic daring involved. To do all these creative skits with special effects and tranforming puppets on live TV, that took guts and brains. My respect for Henson's genius just went up another notch. If you're a muppet fan and haven't picked up this DVD yet, put it on your wish list.

Also, the article/review linked at the beginning of this thread was great.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ed Sullivan dvd & my 250th post

Boy,my mouth is watering at the thought of this dvd!I agree about the cover though,could have been better,but oh well.I've been a muppet fan for 30 years,I love watching the early puppets(and thinking how they have evolved since then). Finally made it to my 250th post<happy dance> LOL. :crazy:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ed Sullivan dvd

Hiya.I have looked in so many stores for this dvd,as well as other Muppet dvds.Is Walmart the only store that is selling this? Is it still available,or do I have to look on ebay for it?Please let me know,so I can add this to my collection.Thanks for responding.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Just order it online. Then you don't need to run from store to store looking for it.