Your Thoughts: Forum Re-organization

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I've been just going into the new posts,not bothering with going into each section.It's just easier for me,than trying to find out where everything has ended up.I am glad to see major sections for SS,etc... Good job Mr. Chapman.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everybody for the feedback. That's what this is all about.

I'm still going through old threads (and will be for awhile) as they are moved to the new categories.

Luke, I removed "Park Attractions" yesterday morning. After reading your comments, I went through each of the new categories and that was one that could easily go. If the Muppets have a huge presence in the parks in the future (a big if), then it may return at some point.

I think the other new topics: Muppet Babies, Bear, Classic Sesame and Farscape may all be warranted at this point. Babies and Bear have new projects on the horizon. A Sesame split was needed just because the Sesame folder is one of the most active of all on the board and it seemed like a way to focus on "old school" and "new school" a little bit more. With the big Farscape promotional push and the mini-series in October the seemed warranted as well. I know Henson's wanting to do a lot more with Farscape but if none of that happens next year, we can merge that with "Fantasy Worlds" once again. The other new categories are "Sesame Merchandise" and "Fraggle Merchandise". Since these are big collectible sections they seemed to warrant their own categories. It seems that lately there have been a lot of multiple threads posted on the same subject, because people haven't looked for similar threads under the more generic "Muppet Merchandise".

I had thought about actually taking things further and putting "Muppet Merchandise" and "Action Figures" under Disney. "Sesame Merchandise" under "Sesame Workshop". And "Fraggle Merchandise" under JHC. But I wasn't sold on that myself yet.

If anyone has suggestions of how you would like to see the forum organized, please post them and we will consider them. It's the fine line of balancing how to make content easy for users to find while keeping scrolling/clicking to a minimum for those who want to read everything.

Luke

Reaction score
I can see your point on it a lot more clearly now. I think removing parks has helped reduce a bit of scrolling space and made it seem less like a Disney forum which is cool. I think all the collectables grouped together is fine eitherway really, and it doesn't cut down on scrolling since BST would still be in its own category. I think 'TV Appearances' could be made more general for all brands - perhaps group that, puppetry and general discussion under a single generic category but it's cool as it is too.

Edit - Just saw you said more changes are coming for puppetry and general discussion so moot point i guess.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know for sure if I'll make the "General Discussion" and "Puppetry" changes or not at this point. We will just see how things go.

I thought about changing "TV Appearances" as well, but in reality, most all of the appearances are for Classic Muppets. Sesame appearances are usually double posted in both TV and Sesame forums, so I thought the new clarification might help in that area. We will see how it goes.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I'm just curious. If I wanted to see some old EM.TV/Henson buyout threads, where would I go?

Other than that, the forum looks alright. A bit excessive, but alright. Just play it by ear.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm a creature of habit, so I'm still in scared mode....give me time, and I might come out of my shell.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
I'm just curious. If I wanted to see some old EM.TV/Henson buyout threads, where would I go?
They are still under "Muppet Headlines". The non-Muppet headlines will eventually be moved to their new respective forums though.

camillachick

Reaction score
I can see why you wanted to break up some of the categories; some of them are way ridiculous in terms of number of posts. Sesame category is still humungous though- and the sesame street of today catergory is tiny. Was it really worth breaking into two groups? I have to agree with others that the number of categories to sift through is a little excessive. Hope that feedback helps and isn't too harsh. Smiles!

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I actually prefer the forum with the new changes. All the different categories helps so I know exactly where to go for specific topics. I don't think there are to many categories since some of the folders were getting very full and taking forever to look through. Great job Phil! :flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Phil, leave topics and stuff like it is now. I think it fairly represents all the topics.

The only thing I'd suggest is the number of "sticky" posts. There's a LOT of 'em. Stuff like Muppet Wizard of Oz (new news) I can see stickied.

Then again, I normally hit "View new posts" or "user CP" when I visit MC Forums.