Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Redsonga

Reaction score
Someday, when I am rich I might buy the set just for the box and extra disc and put my 1-3 seasons and my AUS season 4 in it..someday...in a few years, maybe :wink:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed your review, Gord Lacey.

I suppose it isn't the cardboard doing the scratching (it's cardboard, the sleeves can't scratch the discs on their own) but when transporting the set they come loose and slide around everywhere. It's like they got lost along the way in design of the set. It just doesn't seem very cost effective. I like the binder, but it turned out a little clumsy. There's not enough variety in the photographs and absolutely no Fraggles on the cover of the binder itself. The box and acetate covering (that should have been a slip-sleeve) just seem so weird. I purchased the set in a store, but have not played them all. The packaging, menus and the nature of this release holding fans hostage is just very unFraggle-like. If Hit had scaled down the creativity and released slim cases as you have stated it would have made more sense and possibly contained more Fraggley graphics. That's what fans want - character imagery, not some day-glow, fake rock binder that serves more to injure the material than protect it.

I still like my set and the binder, but I feel this is what happens when a company tries too hard to impress rather than simply being considerate to the fans.

Frogster

Reaction score
Man... hearing about how crappy the boxed set is makes me worry that my DVD's are gonna scratch and that not all of them are gonna play right, not to mention being unsatisfied with how little art is on this thing, which is something I've been wanting since I was a lil tike.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
sorry to make you worry/feel sad
On the contrary, I think it is important to voice these issues now so that more Muppety content isn't released this way. Could you imagine Disney pulling a stunt like this with the last season of The Muppet Show on DVD? Feedback is important. Hit should be made aware of this situation. Still, I'd expect a form letter back from them that was somehow off-topic and promoted some other release. :rolleyes: