1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock on The Hub beginning October 10, 2010

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Oct 7, 2010.

1. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Member

At 1:30 pm, they show the normal episode from 8:30 am. Then, Tuesdays - Thursdays they show an episode from later in the series. Weird, but a good way to show the especially good episodes from from both halves of the series. I'm enjoying it. :coy:
  2. wolf2x22

wolf2x22 New Member

I have been thinking for quite a long time that the cartoons and shows that I grew up would be nice to see on tv again. I was both thrilled and excited when I saw Fraggle Rock on Hub tv. Now my one year old daughter is in love with the show and gets excited if we just say "Fraggle Rock". How I enjoy watching it with her and seeing her dance and sing right along with them. :)
  3. IamDrhoneydew90

IamDrhoneydew90 New Member

The Fraggle rock programme used to be great I loved it . :shifty::concern::)
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Is something wrong now with it? Just wondering.
  5. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Member

My mom's friend was here yesterday, scrapbooking, while I watched the last three episodes (gotta love Netflix :excited:). She told how she used to watch the show with her son and sang along with the theme song. She recognized all the characters, and made special mention of Junior and Doc. Good times. (FYI: Fraggle Rock did an excellent finale :coy:).
  6. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

Now that I have The Hub, I'd like to say my opinion on their treatment of the Fraggles and the channel itself.

I'll start with the channel itself. Overall, it's not bad, though they seem to love commercials, mainly for toys owned by Hasbro (One game show is essentially a 30 minute commercial for their line of board games). Before you tell me, yes I know Hasbro partially owns the channel. It's a mix of their older stuff (Like Endurance and other things from Discovery Kids), reruns (Fraggle included) and new material.

As for their treatment of Fraggle Rock, the episode prints are on par with the DVDs, though they may be a little worse. There's some weird edits, I presume to air more ads and not for decency purposes. However, these minor complaints vented, it's great to finally see Fraggle Rock on TV again, though like I said, I'm spoiled by the DVDs, what with no edits and commercials and whatnot. :excited:
  7. Wembleyfan

Wembleyfan New Member

I always watch fraggle rock. One of the episodes I really like though, is the one where they look for treasure, but it turns out the treasure is just music.
  8. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

I think its great that Fraggle Rock is back on the air - I usually put a few episodes on the DVR and watch them when I have time. I'm trying to get my nephew involved so he'll grow to like it as well, but he usually only wants to watch Labyrinth, heh.
  9. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

From what I've read on here, it's great that they're airing Fraggle episodes again, but it's lame that they have to make cuts in the episodes. Understandable, but lame.

Unfortunately, I don' have The Hub, due to the fact I'm a broke college student. Thank God for Netflix and having every Fraggle episode on instant watch. I'm watching one right now as I type! :coy:
  10. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

You're not missing much. Like I said, most of the cuts are made to accommodate more commercial time (Since the Hub exists mainly to sell Hasbro toys). I've been spoiled by DVDs, what with no real edits and no commercials.

Despite the flaws, it's nice to have something Fraggle related on TV again.
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Well since i really don't know where the cuts end or begin it really doesn't bother me. I have all the seasons sets but i would rather watch them on TV then have to get out the DVD and put them in. I watched one yesterday about when Red, Mokey, Gobo and Wembley do a race and Mokey gets left behind so Red is left with Landford. It's one of the ones i remember when it aired on i think either HBO or Disney. But i don't mind it at all.
  12. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

And, as I said, there's always Netflix. They have every episode up on instant watch on the internet, and all are uncut. :coy:
  13. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I was going to get some for my iPod Touch soon, they have an ala carte episode list or you can get whole seasons.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The cuts are an annoying part of having to fit in more commercials, but it was stated that these were already cut for the Hallmark channel (or whatever it is).

But Fraggles on TV is a boon for people who are casual fans who might warm up to getting those season sets or downloading them from Netfilx or wherever. Some things you just need to watch on TV again to bother getting or putting stock into. How many of you have seen movies you didn't bother to see in theaters or rent becuse you didn't think you'd like them only to enjoy it so much as to track it down for home video?

But my case, as Indiana Jones would say... Cable! Why does it always have to be cable? And still an odd channel not everyone gets. But hey, I'd rather get the DVD's anyway. Already got the first season, just 3 more to go.
  15. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Member

You make that sound wrong. Both are some of Henson's great work. Only difference is that Labyrinth looks better in HD and Fraggle Rock looks more colorful.

The only edit I noted was the theme song, only because they had Fraggle Rock video commercials on my Dinosaur VHSs. Even that, they did it so it wasn't that noticeable. Just the fact that there's a cut in the middle of the song. Other than that, kudos to Hub for doing a decent edit job, even on the theme.
  16. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I gotta remember that, thanks for the tip. I tried checking them out from the library once but that didn't work out to well. We get the netflix stuff through our Wii.
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Sorry about double posting but I have a question about Fraggle Rock on the Hub. I'm recording it on DVR and I was going through scheduling recordings and found that at the end of May, when it get's to the beginning of season 4, it has sorta stoppe showing. It still shows at 12 but not at 6:30 any more and the ones showing at 12 aren't at the same point in the series. Anyone know what's going on or have any suggestions where to pick it up?
  18. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

19. Gonzo's Hobbit

Cool thanks. I'm glad Fraggle Rock is still going a little. Although, from what I've seen of the schedule it looks like it's gonna backtrack a bit. It almost looks like it's gonna revert to the group that's now in the first season again.
  20. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I actually started watching Fraggle Rock for the first time on The Hub! I'm so glad it's on TV everyday:excited: