Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 1

getup

Reaction score
i ordered mine from bestbuy.com...it arrived today...minus the bonus cd-rom...guess they didn't give them online :-(

christyb

Reaction score
The bonus cd-rom has wallpapers, screensavers, desktop themes, and a small game. It's a neat addition. (I hope I didn't forget anything) I recieved my copy tuesday. I love it. The interviews are really great. So far I'm enjoying every moment of Fraggely fun. Also, I don't know if any other places are, but my local Best Buy had the set on sale. So I got it for $29.99 instead of $37.99. (Which my wallet enjoyed.) Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go watch disk three. :smile:

Wembley

Reaction score
Well, my niece loved the music and dancing... but being about 2 is a little young to really get into the Fraggles.

One thing I did learn though-- make a backup copy of the disc and leave the backup in the DVD player, to protect the original disc. Turns out my neice DOES know how to eject the tray in the DVD plater...

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Checked Wal*Mart the other day... either they were sold out or they didn't get it in yet. =(

christyb

Reaction score
EleganceLiberty said:
Checked Wal*Mart the other day... either they were sold out or they didn't get it in yet. =(

I don't know if this is nationwide but here's the deal at my local Wal-Mart. They're only carrying "Do the things that Doozer's do". I was wondering why they only had that one. Anyone else have any insight on this??

Foodie

Reaction score
getup said:
i ordered mine from bestbuy.com...it arrived today...minus the bonus cd-rom...guess they didn't give them online :-(
Same here. I was wondering if maybe Best Buy thought they had something exclusive but didn't.

Nick
:smirk:

WemblinKate

Reaction score
I was in a very grumpy mood yesterday when I came home to my Box Set on my kitchen table. Needless to say, my grumpiness dissipated and I was one happy Fraggle Fan. I jumped up and down for a while, screamed & squeaked a bit, then proceeded to watch all of the interviews and some episodes.

It was so exciting to see the extra backstage shots we've never seen before and to see Michael Frith's beautiful sketches from the conferences. The topics for each of the interviews are all interesting and it's great to hear the stories told by them. I especially loved the one interview about the episode "Marooned." It is my favorite episode and a brilliant one at that. I was kind of hoping they would do that for more episodes.

I loved seeing the audition footage, it's was pretty funny. Watching Kathy Mullen as Red & Karen Prell as Mokey felt wrong. I really love Karen as Red so it was kinda hard.

The quality of the episodes is superb. I reccommend this set to anyone and everyone. The way I see it, the more people buy it, they can realize that this was a good investment and continue for the other three seasons. I understand waiting to save up, but don't miss out!

I only have one complaint. I heard that Best Buy was going to be the only store selling the bonus CD-ROM w/the set so I pre-ordered it from there. I was pretty upset to find out that it wasn't there. I really can't afford to buy a whole nother set at the store to get the CD-ROM. So really, the complaint is to Best Buy, not HIT. I have nothing but thanks and praise to HIT for putting the first season on DVD.

So now go and get your own copy!
-Wemblin' Kate

SillyRed

Reaction score
I am dying to know what they said about the "Marooned" episode!!!