1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 1

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 31, 2005.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

more reviews

I have watched a few more episodes and wanted to talk about what I thought.

You Can't Do That Without a Hat: I thoguth this would have been a different episode. I remember seeing an episode where early on Boober lost his hat while coming back to fraggle rock from the gorgs garden and talked about a time that Traveling Matt lost his hat (and a flashback was shown with him losing his hat). Does anybody know what episode that was? Anyway, this episode was still good. I liked how the doozer who got covered in boobers hat kept walking past people who were looking the other way and just barely didn't see him. five stars.

Let The Water Run: If nobody lived in the workshop, then I wonder how the pipe bangers would get water? three stars.

We Love You Wembly: it was cool seeing a non-ma gorg character performed by Cheryl Wagner. four stars.

The preachification of Convincing John: a great episode. One of the few that Jim Henson performed in. I do think it is weird that even though convincing john has his name in the title, he only appears in two scenes, and that's only to sing his song. five stars.
  2. anathema

anathema Active Member

Yeah, it would have been nice if they'd taken the trouble to fix the dropout, but it's a time-consuming (and hence expensive) job.

Other than that, the picture looks exactly as I'd expected it to: a professional 80s NTSC recording.
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I'm not sure if this was brought up already (forgive me if it has), but where was Kathy Mullen during the interviews on the dvd? Is she still living? Was she busy? It was just strange that she was the only principle performer not on there. Not even in archival interviews like they do with Jim Henson sometimes.
  4. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

I finally got Fraggle Rock Season 1!!

I watch the Marooned and Finding a voice interviews on disc 5, and ! watched the episodes "Marooned" and "I Don't Care" on disc 3!! Now I can watch those episodes and more in Much Better QUALITY!!!! :excited:
  5. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Wow! What a fantastic collection!

It would be really nice if we all took a few minutes to either write a brief letter or telephone HIT (or both) to thank them for taking the time and effort to produce such a superior product.

And, also, to encourage them to continue with Season 2!!

==========================================================

HIT Entertainment
    Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock SEASON SETS)
    P.O. Box 9000
    Allen, Texas 75013

1-866-405-7625
  6. For a while Kathy and her husband were in Afghanistan (right, y'all?). This was quite a while back, but I dunno how long they were stayin'.

Well, if she's not in any new interviews, at least we have that bit of her in "Down at Fraggle Rock" where, ironically, she's the only principal fraggle-performer interviewed (albeit briefly).
  7. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

My thoughts on the dvd

Well Here it is, October. I kept having problems , money wise. And My Birthday sucked untill I got from my family a smile on my face.
    I came home to see on the kitchen table a present. I opened it up and to my eyes it was the set. We watched each episode so far. and I liked it beter than the muppet show. Why?
    1. it was not edited. it had every thing that I originaly first watched.
    2. the bonus dvd was awsome.
    3. it was not edited.
    4 (every one) IT WAS NOT EDITED!!
    in all I liked it cause my famliy thought of me and my love for the muppets. My daughter said she resemles Red a lot. and I looked like Boober.
    so thats all I have to say. now excuse me fo a bit I have to wash my socks. (joke);)
  8. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

I liked how they used a lot of juxtaposition in Season One, to tie together the different characters in the different worlds- in "The Thirty-Minute Work Week", the Trash Heap, Wembley, the Fraggle firemen, and Doc all utilize the "start a fire" joke. In "I Don't Care", the whole first scene is juxtaposition, each cutaway starting where the last one left off (smoke jets, monsters, 3 seconds, etc.), plus Doc & the Trash Heap both enjoying crossword puzzles. In "The Challenge", Doc & Sprocket play "Zombie Attack", in which flaming marshmallows are the alien zombies' weapon, meanwhile Pa Gorg tells Ma that her stories serve to fill Junior's head with, you guessed it, marshmallows. In "The Great Radish Famine", both the Doozers and Doc make mention of sweaters with lime green stripes.

These juxtapositions (which were utilized the most often by, you guessed it again, Jerry Juhl) served to strengthen the ties and commonalities between the different creatures in their different worlds, thus making tangible the central theme that peoples on this earth don't notice how alike they are.

It's that subtle, multi-layered approach that is a hallmark of all great writing, and that the Muppets need so badly to have again in order to regain their peak of quality.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  9. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Missing people

Another ' Key ' peformer who is seldomely meantioned but I think was just as important as the others was Chrly Wagner ( The Voice of Ma Goarg ) I noticed she wasn't meantioned at all in a very long time probably 10 or more years. Does anyone know what happened to her or is she one of those people who just dissapears and you never heard anything about them again?
  10. wes

wes Active Member

Hey yall i just got the Box set for Christmas, It's Awesome! I have two Questions:

1. is their any easter eggs in the DvD?

2. When is season Two Comming Out? Are we going to have to pettion for that too?
  11. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Easter eggs what are you talking about?
  12. wes

wes Active Member

easter eggs are hidden features in the DVD like in the time life Muppet show if you clike on Animal it would take you to a special Menu.
  13. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

??????

Ahhh got you now. :)
  14. Johnny Fiamma

Johnny Fiamma New Member

I bought "Fraggle Rock" for my daughter for Christmas. OK, OK... So I really bought it more for myself, but don't tell my wife that!

Anyway, I'm thrilled to see that my four-year-old youngling has taken to the series just like her old man. But, for me, seeing it again was like running into a childhood friend, and now I want more.

Should we march on HIT Entertainment now? (Yes, Fozzie, I've already emailed them.)

My only complaint really is that they could've put more work into restoration and digitization. I can forgive the dated chroma key effects because I understand the limitations they had back then, but it's a heck of a lot easier to clean up video now than it used to be.

I guess that eventually Brian and the rest of the Henson family will take a cue from George Lucas and they'll release a master set of all the seasons someday, knowing I'll buy it.
  15. AbbessBryony

AbbessBryony New Member

I found the box set one of the times that I was in Wal-Mart last year, and yes, I did get it. n.n

The first thing that I watched was the the bonus DVD. I enjoyed the documentary very much as well as the interviews. I got a kick out of the audition clips, btw. As for the episodes.... Well, I can't really put it into words.
  16. hi do u know if fraggle rock season one on dvd will be released in australia any time soon
  17. Muppets Forever

Muppets Forever New Member

I love it! The extras are fabulous. I can't wait for season two to come out. Thank you everyone at Muppet Central who help make this happen.:excited: :) :zany:
  18. nickmetroid

nickmetroid New Member

As a UK man, we haven't got FRS1 here yet although I don't know if we ever will as I am not sure if all 96 episodes were aired on UK tv (with the different country segments) we do have the single DVD with 2 or 3 eps, one special 2 disc edition with the "Making of" documentary and one of the old cartoon (I have all 4).

However Amazon.co.uk has Season 1 on sale and I have a multi region DVD player. So I want to get it after Easter.