Your Thoughts: Horton Hears a Who

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Cat in the Hat was a travesty that can never be forgiven...period.

Moving on, hehe, after a couple of viewings I decided the Grinch was very sweet, had its moments and Jim Carrey owned the role. Though overall, still very childish when compared to the original cartoon or book.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like the Grinch because for all the things it didn't do well it made the Grinch feel like a real person to me :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I like the Grinch because for all the things it didn't do well it made the Grinch feel like a real person to me :smile:
Actually, I liked the idea the movie had where it looks like he can't save the sledge and says, "Oh well, they're just toys, right?" But then when Cindy Lou Who is the one in danger, he becomes more motivated. :smile:

As usual, I just don't want remakes (even good ones) to overshadow originals. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As usual, I just don't want remakes (even good ones) to overshadow originals. :wink:
Don't worry... they never do. Ever.

The only thing I still hate about the Grinch movie is that 90% of Grinch merchandise, even 8 years later, looks like that ugly movie style guide... some sort of bizarre ugly mixture of the book (10%), The Chuck Jones special (10%), and the actual movie costume (80%). Say what you will about the Cat in the Hat film (go on, really... words cannot describe what a terrible idea that was) but at least the merchandise looked like the Cat in the Hat. Of course, I wasn't all that temped to actually buy much of it.

I like how they low keyed merchandising tie ins this time (I guess they didn't feel like having warehouses full of Hortons)... still wish there was a kid's meal promo instead of that odd IHOP thing (seriously, those new Denny's commercials almost seem to smack that in the face).... pancakes with lollipops in them... and that wasn't even on the kid's menu! :shifty:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yeah normally I don't like Jim Carrey but he was really funny in this movie. I thought it was very funny, but all my friends thought it would be a kids movie 'til I convinced them to go see it. But the Emo kid Jojo thing was sorta predictable.
JoJo's not an emo, he just wears black.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I noticed that a few of the characters names are Muppet names: Bert, Benny, and Floyd. Coincidence?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I really loved the movie. And actually felt that it *was* thought provoking and stunning in its portrayal of belief in things you cannot see. At risk of turning this thread religious, I'd say that I felt a real message in there which connected with my heart in that he believed in something only he could hear and see...And he was persecuted for it.

It was only made better by the fact he was such a funny, harmless guy.

Also, I love random. It was kinda Emperor's New Groove, to an extent. And I'm a huge fan of that. The little weird girl was cute and weird as she just floated off at the end :stick_out_tongue: