Your Thoughts: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Re: Me thoughts

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Kermit sadly seemed to have regressed. He sounded SOOO Kermity with Craig Kilborne, but he sounded too "new Steve Kermit" in this for me.
Not to undermind your opinion Byron, (that's Nate's job) but you might want consider the fact that this movie was probably in prodution for months while Kilborne was filmed on the same day it aired.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
HI NEW MEMBER!!!

I loved the movie in fact i recorded it and am watching it again right now...i agree that fozzie is a little overdone almost in his voice, but other than that pretty much perfect. I don't think they went too far. I was watching it with my little brother, and he usually picks up on that stuff,but he didn't. He thought Pepe just wanted to cuddle or something innocent. If they would have left in that scene whatever it was it probably would have went too far.

My fave character by far is pepe! i would love to see him shake his bon bons add that to the list of characters we want to see in the palisides collection! i love it where he says this is good news unless you are a sexy banker than it sucks! that cracks me up!

Natalie

Reaction score
Hey welcome!

We sure are getting a lot of new members since the movie!

Yeah, Pepe was awesome in the movie, even though he may have been kinda "bad" at some parts, but that's part of his personality. I loved how he failed when pretending to be Fozzie, "wocka wocka hokay"! That was hilarious

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Re: Me thoughts

Originally posted by Crazy Harry
Not to undermind your opinion Byron, (that's Nate's job) but you might want consider the fact that this movie was probably in prodution for months while Kilborne was filmed on the same day it aired.
I realized that after I posted about it...but, uh, "thanks" anyway...

(I guess...)

:confused:

(lol)

:stick_out_tongue:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
wocka wocka

yeah pepe does a good fozzie...hehe i like when pepe is painting her nails too and he is mumbling some nonesense...which can make sense in a strange way...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
Hey welcome!

We sure are getting a lot of new members since the movie!

Yeah, Pepe was awesome in the movie, even though he may have been kinda "bad" at some parts, but that's part of his personality. I loved how he failed when pretending to be Fozzie, "wocka wocka hokay"! That was hilarious
Welcome! It's really something how many new members have showed up in 24 hours. I wouldnt be surprise if next week shows off a tidal wave of newcomers...all of which is encouraged and welcomed. Have I had a change of heart? Lets just say Im glad I got my antenna to work to just minutes before the movie aired.

Heh, yeah I was kind of taken aback by Pepe's selfish traitor like antics at the beginning...but you gotta remember hes got a wild passion for the ladies(as was more than evident at Muppetfest)
And whenever ya see a Muppet try to impersonate another Muppet, that's just too much! ^_^

Did you guys notice these two things on the Moulin Scrooge part? These are the parts I laughed my butt off at the most:

*The massive simutaneous cell phones going off thing. I loved it as I absolutely *instert nicer word for hate* cellphones, and thought it was a nice commentray at how annoying they are, as well as how widespread like a cancer theyve become in our society.

*Another thing, when Miss Piggy told everyone to shut up during the number...the Penguins were quacking Nirvana, I have no idea what Janice and company were yelling...but I thought it was a very very funny take on what a mess the actual Moulin Rouge film was. Again, very smart writing!

Natalie

Reaction score
I'm glad we're talking about more positive things again. There were so many good bits in the movie. The other thread about this was getting too negative. New members just another indication that muppets are making a big comeback. And I think we're all glad to see you back Cory!

VEND-O-FACE

Reaction score
First timer

Long time Muppet fan, first time poster.

On the whole, I thought the show was exceptional. Like everyone has stated 14 times over, it was great to see all of the old characters back in the environment we love to see them in. Some of the voices were off, but others were surprisingly on. I had to read here to discover that Ms. Piggy and Fozzie weren't being played by Frand Oz, and usually I pride myself on being able to pick out differences in voices like that.

To me, the only thing that really hurt the show was it's structure. I'm not sure why the writers chose to go with a non-linear narritive -- it didn't really add anything to the story, and in some cases the scenes with David Arquette and Whoppi really threw the pace of the show off. This isn't Pulp Fiction, it's the muppets for cryin' out loud.

It may have had a negative effect on the ratings too. I heard a lecturer speak once about how the beginning of comedy television shows are structured to keep viewers. There is a rule that goes something like this: if you can get the viewer to laugh within 2 minutes of the opening they will watch for another 3 minutes. If you can get them to laugh again within this time frame, they will watch the rest of the show. Otherwise, they change channels. If memory serves me correctly (and it may not) the first five minutes was spent setting up the David Arquette's story. Question: how many minutes does it take until a muppet actually appears on screen?

I'll conjecture that if there were a couple of really funny gags up front and they showed most of the old gang and the beginning of the film, they might have pulled in higher ratings. Just a guess though...

I also wonder how well this movie will hold up. There were a lot of very funny references and satires of modern life and media, which means that 20 years from now nobody will get the jokes -- but it probably won't matter.

The cinematographer deserves an Emmy. The exact duplicates of cuts from "Moulin Rouge!" had me rolling on the floor laughing.

I'm really looking forward to the eventual DVD release, and I for one hope they choose to restore the 30 minutes cut from the TV version.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
WOW!

I got the cell phone thing, but i didn't get the nirvana thing...i'll watch for that...one of may favorite parts it the christmas story reference and when they replace dog with frog, that just cracks me up. me and my dad were trying to figure out what christmas specials they hadn't parodied and we couldn't think of any....oh well and then when pepe is being dragged across the stage, that was pretty good! what bugs me a tad is that everyone in the audience is either wearing black or red....not bright red either, very neutral colors. i guess not to distract from the muppets...

Natalie

Reaction score
I thought the opening credits was the part with the mix of muppets and people on the street and then it went right to the muppet theater with the gang. The whole David Arquette scene didn't start for at least ten minutes into it, right? It was completely muppet oriented at first. But you're right, the pacing was off.