1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Saturday night watch Jason Segel on Saturday Night Live on NBC as he promotes "The Muppets" new movie. There will be some surprises in store so don't miss this special appearance.

After you see the appearance, let us know your thoughts.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, the Muppets appeared in the monologue. It was great. I suspected their appearance would be in the monologue, like Cookie Monster's appearance last year.
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

That was such a good opening number, i want that song ...i saw piggy before Jason sat down but it was an awesome moment.....and Scooter spoke he sounded great...i hope theres more of them as the episode continues
  4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

The Muppets just sang a song with Jason Segel!!!

Here's who was on :) :mad: :o :concern: ;) :sympathy: :cluck: :sleep: :boo:

I loved their song and I love that they brought up the fact they've been on SNL since 1975!
    KoozbanianFrakl likes this.
  5. Frogpuppeteer

and there was Kermit Again
    ploobis likes this.
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

nice any videos
  7. minor muppetz

It looked like he was looking at a script. Could another Muppet appearance be made tonight (well, I'd expect them in the closing).
  8. Frogpuppeteer

its airing now so prob no videos for a while
  9. muppetlover123

10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Loved the song... Though it reminds me of the monologue Jeremy Irons did.
    Can't believe the Muppets are hosting SNL. Yah, take that Belushi!
    Agreed with Kermit's statement... When you go to a "Muppet" movie, everyone says, hey, where's the human.
    And then Jason gets the gang back on his side by letting them come to the after-show party.

*Keeps watching for more appearances.
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  11. minor muppetz

Many of us had suspected the Muppets would make a "surprise" appearance, but after reading that line, it makes me wonder if you somehow knew in advance.
  12. muppetlover123

what was the opening number was it a song from their new movie
  13. Frogpuppeteer

no it wasnt from the movie...i think it was an original song for tonight
  14. muppetlover123

o was it written for the muppets or something
  15. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

It was called "I Can't Believe I'm Hosting SNL" with Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter and Rowlf singing along, and they try to hijack the song, instead singing how the Muppets are hosting the show. When Segel calls them out on it, the group gets a bit upset, and Scooter says, "With all due respect Jason, we Muppets have been around SNL since the very beginning!" So as you'd guess, they all finish out the set together, and there was a quick Statler and Waldorf moment (which was obviously recorded earlier in the evening) making a joke about the poor quality of the show.

My favorite line? Segel: "You guys probably weren't picked to host because you guys never wear pants!" Rowlf: "Alright, that's below the belt!"
    Muppetfan44 and Frogpuppeteer like this.
  16. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

When I found out that Jason would host SNL, I had the feeling that the Muppets would make a surprise appearance! ;)
  17. didymus

didymus New Member

kermit on weekend update!
    ploobis likes this.
  18. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Kermit's on a Weekend Update segment. "Really?! With Seth and Kermit" And it is FREAKING GREAT!
    ploobis likes this.
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

The Really? segment with Seth and Kermit was the only funny portion of the Weekend Update.
    Yep, you'll be in trouble for that joke later Kerm.
    Muppetfan44 likes this.
  20. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

This is such an awesome night for Muppets! Never thought I'd see Kermit on a "Really?!?" segment... then again I never thought Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal would replace Jimmy Fallon, Tracy Morgan and Chris Kattan in Horatio's Christmas song in 2004 ;)