Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There will be some surprises in store so don't miss this special appearance.
Many of us had suspected the Muppets would make a "surprise" appearance, but after reading that line, it makes me wonder if you somehow knew in advance.

Frogster

Reaction score
It was called "I Can't Believe I'm Hosting SNL" with Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter and Rowlf singing along, and they try to hijack the song, instead singing how the Muppets are hosting the show. When Segel calls them out on it, the group gets a bit upset, and Scooter says, "With all due respect Jason, we Muppets have been around SNL since the very beginning!" So as you'd guess, they all finish out the set together, and there was a quick Statler and Waldorf moment (which was obviously recorded earlier in the evening) making a joke about the poor quality of the show.

My favorite line? Segel: "You guys probably weren't picked to host because you guys never wear pants!" Rowlf: "Alright, that's below the belt!"

ploobis

Reaction score
When I found out that Jason would host SNL, I had the feeling that the Muppets would make a surprise appearance! :wink:

TSSD

Reaction score
Kermit's on a Weekend Update segment. "Really?! With Seth and Kermit" And it is FREAKING GREAT!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The Really? segment with Seth and Kermit was the only funny portion of the Weekend Update.
Yep, you'll be in trouble for that joke later Kerm.

Frogster

Reaction score
This is such an awesome night for Muppets! Never thought I'd see Kermit on a "Really?!?" segment... then again I never thought Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal would replace Jimmy Fallon, Tracy Morgan and Chris Kattan in Horatio's Christmas song in 2004 :wink: