1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Frogster Active Member

It wasn't a bad episode, even when you don't consider the Muppet spots. I love when the entire cast of SNL does a sketch where they all do celebrity impersonations, so I loved the Kelly Ripa auditions sketch. Loved that Segel got to do his impersonation of Andre the Giant like he mentioned on Leno. I also loved "A New Jack Thanksgiving" with all of the so-called Motown singers doing horrible songs. And yeah, most people don't like the Vogelcheck's sketch where the family makes out (believe me, I get it), but I think it's kinda hilarious. Personally, I think Fred Armisen should have left years ago; he's just not funny at all to me. There were definitely one or two sketches where I was like... "Hmm... should've went with a Muppet bit."
  2. Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Walter wasn't there. I'm still convinced I saw Peter Linz in the audience when Statler and Waldorf did their bit. In fact.... here. Here's a screenshot I just took:

[IMG]

The yellow arrows are pointing to who I believe is Peter Linz. Right? Was he helping opperate maybe Fozzie, since Eric was probably doing Piggy in the opening?

Also, is that Matt sitting next to him? With the red arrows pointing to him? I'm not completely sure on this one, but it certainly looks a lot like him.
  3. Puckrox Well-Known Member

I was also hoping for a bit where the SNL cast members would play the Muppets, like they did for the Seth Rogen episode. I figured Nasim could take over Janice, Taran I bet could do a Kermit, and I thought Paul would be an adorable Walter. And then the actual Muppets could have come in at the end. But oh well. Still a pretty great episode nonetheless.
  4. TML Member

We've been worried for years that Disney would kiddify The Muppets, but I think all the late night tv appearances should put our minds to rest. The SNL opening felt like the most classic Muppets thing in years. The password game on Jimmy Fallen was pretty good too. The Muppets are back!
    Puckrox likes this.
  5. Alvin Active Member

I loved it! When Jason came out...I kept wondering OK I wonder if the Muppets are gonna show up...he sat down at that piano...and I said hmmmmmm, then he said the word Muppets...BAM! My night was made. LOVED the sketch. It was classic Muppets and I am so glad they are back!!!....Now to apply......lol
  6. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Thought the best part of the episode was Kermit's bit on Weekend Update, it was really funny. Aside from that, I thought the best part was Florence and the Machine. Never heard any of their music before, but I was really impressed with her voice.
  7. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

8. Frogster Active Member

&feature=feedu

I've got mp3's, feel free to hit me up.

Also, if you saw Segel coming through the door after the announcer Don Pardo introduced him, you can see a few puppeteers crouching behind the piano lol. If this doesn't prove the Muppets are for adults, then I'm out of ideas haha. When they were onscreen, they got the best laughs.
    ploobis likes this.
  9. Puckrox Well-Known Member

You can really clearly see Dave at the opening. And you can also definitely see Eric crouching when Jason heads over to the piano to start up the song.
  10. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Puckrox likes this.
  11. ElectricMayhem1 Active Member

man Jason was sure disgusting in some parts especially the family kissing but i did like the "Really" part yeah it was worth sleeping late and watching it
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  12. Puckrox Well-Known Member

Really? The kissing one was probably my favorite non-Muppet sketch. I guess the food being spit everywhere was kind of disgusting... but I thought the Bill/Jason kiss made up for all that. ;)
  13. ElectricMayhem1 Active Member

yeah......
  14. Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

im re-watching the opening number again and i love how the crowd explodes when the Muppets show up
  15. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is Gonzo's bit with Camilla during the opening on the Hulu version slightly different from the live version?
  16. shinycelebi225 Active Member

i know. it was awesome!!
  17. ElectricMayhem1 Active Member

you saw it Hannah?
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  18. Frogster Active Member

Just a quick aside here, I'm watching "Extract" on Comedy Central... Segel and the frog are going to be doing "Second Helpings" of movies that air Thanksgiving Day together.
  19. beaker Well-Known Member

How did anyone here seriously think there wouldn't be any Muppet cameos? :) The Muppets were on SNL in late 2004, Kermit with Robert Deniro, Cookie Monster was with Jeff Bridges, etc.

But wow...SNL + Jason Segal + The Muppets PLUS FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE...crazy epic sauce! They've been having a lot of the great newer musical acts Ive been into in the last year and a half, like Arcade Fire, Foster the People, MGMT, Vampire Weekend, Regina Spektor, The Ting Tings, Muse, etc.

Anyways, downloading the whole torrent now(sorry, cant watch cams off tv or edited hulu stuff), cant wait. Out of curiosity, how many segments do they appear on?
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  20. Frogster Active Member

Also, everyone... Segel is spelled S-E-G-E-L. He's just done the Muppet world a huge service, we should at least get his name right. Just saying.