1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 19, 2011.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Of course I know his name is Jason Seagull by now
    Puckrox likes this.
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

total full segments id say 2 but theres one small bit with Kermit and the ending
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I should say, how many times do they appear, even if it's a cameo? As someone mentioned Statler and Waldorf briefly appear and there's a few other tidbits?
  4. Frogpuppeteer

BTW Scooter sounds amazing Davids come so far from Letters to Santa ...Scooters performance is so smooth now
  5. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I've noticed this recently too. I watched Muppets Wizard of Oz the other day and I was shocked to see the comparison between that and the more recent stuff David's done as Scooter. He's improved so much!
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  6. bluebomber95

bluebomber95 Member

Well, David didn't do Scooter in MWoO... That was Rickey Boyd.
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Actually I thought Rickey Boyd's performance as Scooter was incredible!
  8. Frogpuppeteer

Rickey Boyd was a good scooter

i know what she means though its mostly that even in recent times Scooters felt awkward...even the frist time david did a full performance in LTS he was sorta stiff...i would be to, and slowly you could tell he felt more comfortable, but look at him now and last night somewhat mini monologue youd think he was at it for years
  9. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

10. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I love it. Kermit is really himself now. He's got Jim Henson's sarcasm and occasional biting wit, balanced perfectly with his kind, everyman persona.

Also, I'm glad the Muppeteers came out from behind the benches at the end. They deserve recognition for their brilliant talent.
  11. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Whoops! I thought I read that David was Scooter in that. Guess I was wrong!

I strongly agree with both your comments. I felt all giddy seeing the Muppeteers' faces at the end, and I think the Muppets have finally become what they once were again. :)
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Loved the episode! Thought the opener was rather banal, but it's spoofing Mitt Romney who is about as boring as it gets.

Loved the Muppet monologue, pitch perfect on all fronts. Though again, what is up with the Fozzie puppet? They seriously need to go back to using the 2008 Fozzie and Gonzo puppets, amirite?

Dug the Kermit "really?" segment, as much as I've grown tired of people using "..really...REALLY??!?" as a slang retort

LOVVVED the Regis show spoof. I mean impersonations of Ricky Gervais, Zoey Deschenel and Denzel Washington? Genius!

That Jason Segel mattress commercial was too much. :)

That cryptic digital short was pretty bizarre, reminded me of those weird early 80's PBS shows thatd come on

LOVED the Andre the Giant skit, so random

LOVVVVVED Florence and the Machine, that second song she performed is up there with "Cosmic Love" and "Rabbit Heart".

That last sketch was the quintessential 1:05 AM droll SNL closer. Cool to see one last skit with the Muppets. Very cool seeing Rowlf featured a lot. Overall, SNL still has the same strange humor it had when I started watching in the late 1980's and early 90's
  13. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Can I just say how much I am enjoying the new Kermit that we are seeing since this movie publicity began? Kermit is charming and soooo entertaining to watch when he is smugly in love and in charge of his zany band of merry muppets--these are two of the main things from which Kermit drew his identity on TMS.

Steve is doing a good job with Kermit and I am liking what he's doing more now than ever before. Keep it up, dear--Kissy kissy!! (I'll let Miss Piggy be my proxy and do the honors....)
  14. Zander

Zander New Member

I'm still a bit in shock over Kermit's appearance during the Really !?! segment.. but it WAS very funny!!!
  15. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Obviously the Henson family had the correct intentions passing Kermit on to him. I have no doubt in my mind that Steve is doing Jim proud.
    Puckrox likes this.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Has Piggy ever been so "full bodied" before? I don't mean full figured...I mean, where in live appearances on tv she appears full bodied as opposed to being filmed from the waste up like most Muppets. On Leno and especially SNL. On SNL she appears to be standing, further adding to the illusion. On Fallon, the illusion works wonders with her and Kermit appearing full bodied in the open.I'm just so used to seeing the Muppets obscured by a wall or desk or just filmed from the chest up.

And of course it appears in this new film, there's a number of shots of the Muppets full bodied...Fozzie and his whoopie shoes, Scooter cleaning, Fozzie/Kermit/Walter on Gonzo's toilets, Piggy walking down the theater aisle. Just cool seeing the lifelike image furthered.
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I had no doubt that there would be some Muppet heads up. It was highly likely that they would have appeared, and if they didn't due to scheduling problems, we could have seen another Muppet parody sketch. Luckily they were able to get the puppeteers. That's the only reason they wouldn't have appeared... but they have a HUUUUUGE movie to promote, so I guess Disney had them make time in advance.

Nothing shocked and delighted me more than seeing Scooter in the group. I was basically expecting Kermit and Piggy, maybe Fozzie and Gonzo and Animal... but Rowlf AND Scooter?!? Nothing sends a message of classic Muppets like Scooter and Rowlf. It's so great we have these characters back, instead of characters as background.
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well they're going out of their way to push Scooter and Rowlf back to the forefront which is good. Though it's funny how only some characters (like Piggy) get new outfits
  19. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

I agree! Scooter being my favourite character, it's just so wonderful to see them FINALLY making an effort to push him back into the forefront. I never thought this could happen and it's so nice to see that Jason Segel seems to value all these classic characters as much as we do and wants to bring them back where they belong.

I was laughing so hard when I saw the opening monologue. I love how they turn on Jason Segel in this clip. It had me in stitches!

I know others have said this, but what the heck, I'll say it too: It was also just so great to see the "classic six" Muppet Characters back together again for this - No Pepe or Animal, just these guys (Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter & Rowlf) singing with Jason Segel. Feels right :)

And on an SNL Appearance, no less!
    Bannanasketch and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  20. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

so true...
    FletchySRF3088 likes this.