Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
You know the longer it takes to get any kind of answer the more I think it is a replacement for Kermit. I was also watching the clip from D23 with the group. Kermit doesn't say a thing. Everyone else pretty much says something. Kermit says nothing.:concern:
This is what is causing me one long, continuous panic attack right now. He doesn't say ANYTHING. The song and sketch were clearly pre-recorded--Gonzo's mouth isn't in sync with what he's saying in the beginning--but the interview made my stomach plunge. The only good thing I can say is the little head tilt Kermit does while playing the banjo is very Steve-ish and if that *wasn't* Steve, the performer is obvioulsy an incredibly talented manipulator. But it does make me anxious that the whole sketch revolved around Kermit not being there... Ughhhhh!

Jason Segel, if you do lurk around these here parts, tell SOMEBODY at Disney that it's STEVE we need! STEVE.

*off to vomit*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The acoustics could account for apparent delay in voice and performance at the expo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just had a thought....

What if, and this is pure speculation here, what if Steve is somehow working out the Fraggle Rock movie as we speak? There apparently is a recorded "Scratch track" and it could very well be that he recorded dialogue for that one and somehow couldn't make it back to the performance on time. It's a stretch but it could be a reason.

And here's another thing to think about... clearly the FR movie and next Muppet film will have to be shot very close to each other... and we're talking about 2 principle Muppeteers working on both films, Dave and Steve.... unless they shoot it back to back, or do some scenes of each one day and then another, there's bound to be some scheduling conflict somewhere. All I'm saying is, what if they were also trying out an alternate Kermit in case something goes off schedule between the 2 movies?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
The Fraggle rock movie hasn't even been green-lit yet, and from all they say its nowhere near ready to start filming, all i can think of is maybe Steve's just on a really long birthday vacation. i am worried about him i wish we would get a little bit of news on where and how he is

Luke

Reaction score
The Fraggle rock movie hasn't even been green-lit yet, and from all they say its nowhere near ready to start filming, all i can think of is maybe Steve's just on a really long birthday vacation. i am worried about him i wish we would get a little bit of news on where and how he is
Yes thats true, it hasn't been greenlit at all. Cory last posted in his blog that he's upto the production art stage and the Weinsteins are still looking for other backers with the right clout to market it well enough.

I think the Muppet movie is probably way into the pre-production stages, greenlit and ready to start filming early next year. I would have thought it would be another year at least until they would be able to roll on Fraggle Rock. Doubt the two will be made close together at all. I'm kinda glad though, because Fraggle really needs the right backing and the right people behind it if it has any chance of being shown in many Theaters or create much awareness so at least they are waiting and not just going to direct to dvd or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes thats true, it hasn't been greenlit at all. Cory last posted in his blog that he's upto the production art stage and the Weinsteins are still looking for other backers with the right clout to market it well enough.\
Yes... a scratch track with preliminary dialogue has been recorded, and whos to say Steve didn't record any of it? Usually with scratch tracks for Animation, they'll use whoever's available in the animation studio... I wonder if that's the case, or they were able to get some of the puppeteers to read their lines.

The problem with the movie is that it's so close to preproduction, but it never gets anywhere closer, mainly due to this crap happening with Weinstine, and how they're losing money. I'm sure he's pulling his hair out as much as we are over it. personally, if it never gets made, we're gonna all try to get people to boycott Weinstine until it completely goes bankrupt.

Of course, we know zero about this Muppet movie... no one started a blog yet, and we don't have any insiders telling us what's going on. Took us over a year to find out that they officially changed the title...

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
I saw it when it was reshown on the oxygen network awhile ago, and I have to say that whoever was doing Kermit wasn't that good to make him sound right. Miss Piggy sounded right, and I like how Nick Cannon introduced them on the show. I think that the person that was doing Kermit, may not have had very much experience doing the Kermit voice. I thought that the pics of Kermit and Piggy going on behind them were very neat to add to the song that they were singing. :mad: for Kermit :smile: the pictures and videos that were playing behind them :flirt: just because I'm a muppet fan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
A thought just occurred to me about the Kermit performance:

Folks think it could have been Arite, a great performer; but, didn't John Kennedy perform Kermit on the cruise ship a while ago? mightn't it have been him?