Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Robin

Reaction score
A better choice

I think Gonzo and Rizzo would have been better than Kermit to host
The Jimmy Kimmel show. They work well together and they can get away with being blue.

I don't mind blue comedy being a comic myself. Jim Henson would be rolling over in his grave if he new how Kermit is becoming less
and less the frog he created. When Jims hand left kermit so went the sole and heart of giant from the swamp. Who are we kidding!!!! When I want Kermit I watch real Kermit! Who saddly passed away about 13 years ago. The Henson Company needs quality control really really bad!!! I hope the young muppet fans
realize how sad this really is. It like the parents (Henson and Oz) gave the keys
of the castle to the kids and they burned the house down!!!!

Henson was such a smart comic he could be funny without being crude.
Steve is a great muppeteer and I love Rizzo. That is his baby. He does a great Kermit voice and movement. I think Steve needs to keep Kermit with the Henson personallity or not use him at all. It would be better to just make new ones.

I'm old school Muppets and I need to be heard!!!!!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I don't believe that one bit. I think Kermit still has a lot of his original soul. If anything, he's a bit more youthful and spritely these days, but that's not a bad thing at all. Jim's genius will never be matched and I'm glad that Steve tries to bring something a little different to his take on Kermit. Otherwise he'd just be a faded facsimile rather than Whitmire's vibrant performance as the top frog. I think Jim has been deified by many fans since his death. He had a sharp side to him too and I see that in today's Kermit. It's best not to speculate about what Jim would feel about Steve's perfromance. Personally, I think Whitmire does the frog proud. :smile:

Let's just hope he gets better gigs than Kimmel. :sleep: :boo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Not to mention that Jim did state that he wanted Steve to take over Kermit.

Robin

Reaction score
Steve

Fozzie Bear said:
Not to mention that Jim did state that he wanted Steve to take over Kermit.
I like Steve's work. I Just don't like that Kermit needs to change.
Kermit was always portrayed a certian way. It is now like Kermit the teenage years. Yes! no matter what anyone says Kermit was better with Jim.
That is not to say Steve is bad or untalented. Steve is great and of course
I don't think anyone could do a better Job. Yes, I laugh at what he does with Kermit.

Kermit was such an extention of Jim. That is why I'm an old school advocate of the muppets.

Kimmel is funny by the way. I like his show. Kermit never had to sink to his level.
I was very impressed wit S&W. they sounded and acted more like the originals than any other time I've seen them since the passing of both Richard and Jim.

I'm not trying to anger anyone. I'm just a conservative muppet fan!!!!
I love the Muppets very much.

jediX

Reaction score
Kermit was such an extention of Jim. That is why I'm an old school advocate of the muppets.
I've always preferred the Jim-era stuff anyway.

Robin

Reaction score
jediX said:
I've always preferred the Jim-era stuff anyway.
Cool!!!! You know the Christmas at Fozzies Farm house is a special that I enjoy watching every Christmas, because it reminds me of how good the muppets were at there peak. How much Jim loved his muppets. It leaves me with such happy feelings. Lets see Kimmel do that!!! lol lol

NikZane

Reaction score
O/t

JohnFranklin said:
i wish i could tell just a fraction of the stuff i know about...the future....
Ooh ooh... you're an oracle...??

I just have a few questions:

...is Neo *really* the one?

...are Terminator robots *really* coming from the future to destroy, then save, then destroy, then save again, my buddy John & his mom Sarah?

...is transporter & transwarp technology *really* going to become a reality?

Thanx in advance :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
NikZane said:
...is transporter & transwarp technology *really* going to become a reality? :smile:
No, but soon you'll be able to send yourself to Texas at a shipment rate.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
No, but soon you'll be able to send yourself to Texas at a shipment rate.
I only saw one show last week so I can't really talk about how Kermit acted, but I do think that Kermit always had an adult wit to him. I don't know exactly what Kermit said last week, but I doubt it was anything too bad.

When you are on a show that works blue you have to work blue or else get lost without being heard. I do wish that Kermit had not been booked on the show at all though, but they wanted a venue to push the DVD and thats who would take Kermit all week I guess.

I would like to see Kermit guest host for Dave at some point, or maybe rotate various muppet characters throughout the week. We all know that Pepe in a suit is funny and that Pepe could make a great host. Jonny as a host would work well too. You could have Rowlf in there too. Then have Kermit, Gonzo, and Rizzo all as hosts. Maybe have Rizzo and Gonzo could host together like a Conan and Andy type thing. Basically, I think the muppets need to completly take over one show for at least one night to show the public just what they can do these days.

Robin

Reaction score
Sorry,
I have to disagree. If you are booked on a show that does blue you don't have to also be blue. You can take the high ground. Besides Kermit won't do blue, he does green.