1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit hosts Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I MISSSSSSED IT! I tried to tape it and my VCR messed up and didn't record. Now if someone can get it to a VCR tape or something please let me know I want to see it. I always miss something like this! I HATE MYSELF!!! *screams at self* Sorry. I really wanted to see it.
  2. Elchippo

Elchippo Member

2nite...

Overall, I enjoyed the episode (I only caught the first half) Thought the one little girl was a bit precocious, but thats beside the point. Way to go Kermit. And fire those cameramen who let your armsleeve show.
  3. AAO

AAO Member

I thought this was amazing. Best Muppet Stuff in years! I honestly liked it better without Miss Piggy and the others there irritating Kermit. He seemed more himself without getting beat by Miss Piggy's vanity. But the "Rainbow Connection" was awesome! The secret room and so on...Kermit, come on back to ABC and do another one! People just love Kermit The Frog! But who doesn't?
  4. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I loved it when Kermit sang Rainbow connection, that's one of my all time fravorite songs.
  5. Valentine

Valentine New Member

Wasn't expecting the show to move me as much as it did...and I can't believe I ended up crying in front of my 10 yr old sister and parents lol :D
  6. JJandJanice

Same here bro, same here. It totally brought a tear to my eye. :cry:
  7. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I was taping it, on the TV/VCR in the kitchen. Because it's the Muppets, ya'know?

Then my brother went out into the kitchen to fix his supper and wanted to watch the baseball game instead of Extreme Home. And Mom told me to stop recording it since we were there to watch it. Even though it was my tape that I was using, I couldn't videotape it because we were already watching it on the TV in the family room and because Jeff wanted to watch the Cubs play.

(what, me, bitter? What gave you that idea? :rolleyes:)

-Kim
  8. daleglen

daleglen New Member

Kermit did a great job hosting and I'd like to see more of him and other Muppets on TV soon. Perhaps a Weekly Variety Show? (Shhh, btw...what's your beauty secret? You have no wrinkles!) xox Long time fan family here in NY!
  9. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I was switching back and forth I liked it but...to be honest I found the kermit spoof on family guys allot more funny than this was...it was still nice though it was a big night for kermit heheh :)
  10. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I was moved to tears when he sang "Rainbow Connection" Sure the words were somewhat clipped, but either way it was beautiful!!
  11. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

I only saw about half of it.:smirk:
  12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

wow i hope the nubers of vewers think like we do that kermit did a good job. ABC kept having this thing for people to tell them what they thought of the show. I hope people where truthfull about kermit being on there i thought he did a wonderfull job.
  13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I agree. I remember him talking with kids back in the old days when he was on "Sesame Street" so it was good to see that again. I haven't watched the show enough to know what Ty's like so I can't do a comparison there. I did like when they sang "Rainbow Connection" and the appearance by Davy Jones. The only complaint I have was that I've noticed that sometimes when Kermit shouts he sounds a little different. Steve might need some work in that area. Overall, I really enjoyed the show.
  14. JJandJanice

I thought it was great. Kermit did do a great job. I was so surpised when he started singing Rainbow connection. That song is one of my all time favorite and I would dare say the song that made me want to play music, which I do play guitar and piano.

By the way, a little off topic I guess, but if anyone hasn't seen it or want to see it agian, I recorded it and I'm willing to trade for other Muppet specials or something, so you can have a copy or your own. Just please send me a private message if your interested. ;)
  15. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I thought it was pretty good. Not crazy about Steve's version of Rainbow Connection, but for the most part it was nice to see Kermit more like Kermit, not some sarcastic mench.

Was it me though, or did it sound sometimes like Steve was going hoarse?
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hey gang!

gosh...what can i say?! :) ( i had to work but set the VCR to tape it). great stuff! you can se EVERYBODY LOVES Kermie!!!! 4 the ones who say kids dont know the Muppets or kermit or there dead...your wacked man! lol I got a little tear when the mother waz crying hereing Kermit sing the ranbow song! loved it loved it! :zany: and the little boy (was he one or 2 years old) "tryin" to pick up kermit and stuff...made me laugh! haha...
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

yea i thought kermit with the two year old was the funniest thing i have seen kermit do in a long time that kid was just gold. i aggre evryone seemmed to love kermit knew who he was and also knew his singnature song, which even my girlfriend was trying to sing to even though she only has heard it a bout three or two times. i almost cryed i loved the whole show. i think thats what the muppets need is a extreme makeover show that helps people.
  18. Garland

Garland New Member

Last nights show felt like a much needed "extreme makeover" for Kermit himself. The modern sarcastic hip Kermit had now matured back into the loving world concious Frog we all once knew..."reasonably even-tempered and often long-suffering." Bravo Mr. Whitmire...I hope you are feeling the love!

Garland
    http://GhostHours.com
    http://VentriloQuest.com
  19. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Yeah, Steve did sound a little horase to me too at times. But I agree with Garland....he's back to the old frog we know and love. But I imagined what Steve was going through whenever he had Kermit on his arm....probably trying to keep out of the way of the people working on the house, and it was probably cramped sometimes too. That's also why we also saw him in the bus for the most part of it. XD

I LOVED the marahchi band!!! "24 HOURS TO GO!!!" That was so....MUPPETY!!! I mean, no muppets, except for him, but it was still so FUNNY!!!! I could just see Kermit reveling in the anarchray around him. XD ;)
  20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was talking to a friend while watching it and that thought just poped up. It must have been really uncomfortable.

And like so many have said, I am glad kermit was acting like his "own" muppety self