1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit hosts Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Daylight

Daylight New Member

2. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Like I said before Daylight, if you didn't see it let me know, I'm your man. Just send a PM.
  3. I actually enjoyed Steve's Kermit (though not as much as Jim's himself, of course). But I was surprised that he made me "LOL!" sometimes during the show.

I just wish the show hadn't been so emotional...I go through emotional stuff at work 5 days a week, so when I watch TV I wanna laugh or be touched, but not on the verge of tears, lol.

But yeah, great job Kermit, and I'm so happy fer the fam'ly!

Really!

I am!

:D
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

wow steve look a lot different i hardly would have reconized him if i didnt know it was him. oh yea and the jack hanna thing was so funny i was rolling in the floor with laughter when he came on, great ideah kermit.
  5. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

6. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Cool, I missed the show but I watched the highlight video. He was great! But... I didn't get to see the secret room!! :eek:
    Erin
  7. Hwesta

Hwesta New Member

Hoooray for Kermit!

I didn't know our Kermie was going to be on Home Makeover so it was with great delight that I turned on the TV and there he was!:D His concert had me with tears in my eyes, especially watching how so many people were
    quietly following the words even before they began to sing with him.

And I loved that little Sara commenting (with such a twinkle in her eyes!) I didn't know Kermit can drive!
    Well, sweetie, our Kermie can do a whole lot! ;)

Hwesta
  8. Davina

Davina Member

hubby and i watched the show and just loved it to bits! i wish i'd thought to tape it, but, am hoping it will be one of the episodes they rerun during the summer (if anyone's listening.. hint hint...)
    I know a lot of people aren't always happy with Steve's performaces, we all wish Jim were still around, but I think he does a great job and understand that some changes are bound to occur in personality as they muppets get new "handlers". Everyone does seem to try to stay as true as they can to the characters, but until they perfect that cloning thing.... :) some changes have to be dealt with.
    I sooo want Kermie to come design my house now though.. hehehee
    Am defiantely going to steal some ideas when it comes time to decorate my muppet/library/craft room
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

While I did not see this episode, I know that Kermit did no less then an excellent job hosting. Lest go kermit, lets go! clap-clap!:)
  10. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

AHHHH my tape taped TBS instead of ABC, idk why...gah
    is it ever gonna b on again???
  11. Davina

Davina Member

just think Summer Reruns, really really hard......
  12. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Thanks for making that GW! Like many others, I seemed to miss Kermit's biggest appearance for this year. You put those shots together superbly! I loved the Mariachi (sp?) band. Classic Muppets. But my absolute favorite part was when Kermit was picking colors for the room, then he decided he needed more coffee! Brought back mucho memories of Kermit working at his desk backstage.
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

real good stuff! thumbs up to Steve! Soooo glad i had mom n dad tape it... was it me or was kermit's green-ness more blue-ish green and his coller was more "bright" green to me, or maybe it was just my eyes palyin tricks or my tv?! lol with me... who knows! :p
  14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i did not notice that i was just to exited to see kermit on an hour show for the whole hour. it really did me good to see that show its made me do some serious thinking about what i am doing with my life and how i want to do more for my town, witch was just hit by tornados last week.
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I didnt notice that. But your not the only one. My eyes are always playing tricks on me, lol;)
  16. Hwesta

Hwesta New Member

Davina
    Apparently I have missed out on a whole big controversy concerning Steve as Kermit's "handler". (Actually, I think executive assistant might be a better term. Our Kermit is too civilized to need a handler.) :halo:

It think it is a given that no one can replace Jim Henson :sympathy: but I think that Steve's work honors him and Kermit. I certainly enjoy it!
    Hwesta
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thats pretty cool. I hope to see the whole thing soon. I someone making me a copy of it so I'll see the whole thing sometime. But I loved what GW did with the 9 minutes of what he could show us. Keep up the good work GW. :)
  18. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I think it would insult Steve if he read that he was not Kermit. Steve IS Kermit Today. Its getting close to 20 years people accept it. Steve is Kermit.
  19. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

I loved it. I was truely specal and i kermit was truely wonderful and like the old sesame street days he can still roll with the punchs and think on his feet. I loved how kermit acted whent he son started to grab at him and stuff. It reminded me how kermit acted with that girl who kept saying cookie monster during the alphabit skit.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Really upset I missed this since everybody seemed to enjoy it so much.