1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kevin Clash on Oprah

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You mean the puppet's sleeve?
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

They either forgot about MuppetFest or want the rest of us to forget about it.

He just described ME!!
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I thought it was really awsome but way to darn short grrr he deserved allot more time...instead of like her other shows where it just glorifies Oprah some more that really bothers me the one is a multi-millionair and they just keep giving her stuff....*shakes head*
    oh well elmo and kevin were great for the short time we got to see them!
  4. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

What about the Biography interview he did for the A & E special? I saw Kevin, I saw Elmo... and they were together.

I also agree about the money issue. I don't really care if he's a millionaire or not, can't Oprah think of something more interesting to talk about? Oh wait... money is interesting to her, just look at that multi-million dollar set she so bragged about.
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I saw the interview and I thought it went well. The part where Oprah tell Kevin that she saw him at an affair and Elmo being a curious three year jumps up and and ask "affair!" as if to ask what's that was Laugh out loud funny.

My biggest criticism of the interview was the montage of clips they showed during the introduction, because the only showed Elmo in costumes and dancing around, which made him look kind of silly. Showing some of that is Okay because that's part of who Elmo is, but I felt the it failed to display all of the dimensions and personality of the full character that is Elmo, believe in of not.
  6. amiki chan

amiki chan Member

She kinda ticked me off too. I don't really watch her but when I do it's to see her guests not her. I bit the bullet and wrote to her LOL. Here's what I sent:

I've thought about asking this for some time and I've decided to go ahead with it.
    You have very interesting people on your show: doctors and performers and varied other guests. I'm not a frequent watcher but if it's something that sounds informative I'll sit down and watch.
    Unfortunately I've noticed that you seem to talk over MANY of your guests. The experts you have on your show should give us information not just you or you wouldn't have them on right?
    Would it be possible to let your guests speak more and finish their sentences before you interrupt with your comments and interjections?
    Just a thought.
    Also on a side note the "interview" you did with Kevin Clash was very poorly done. He wasn't even on for 5 minutes. 3 total. The people you had on the air before him: Barbie, Marc Jacobs and the Jimmie Choo lady were way too long. Even if they are that great most people can't afford their stuff so why should they be on for almost 20 minutes? Please give ALL your guests more air time and speeech time. Your at-home audience would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and have a great day.

Wonder if I'll get a reply:p

And yeah she should have said that this is the first time Kevin Clash has been on HER show with Elmo. I think I'll add that too :)
  7. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

Good for you for sending in a letter. Please let us know what kind of response you get.
  8. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

While it's true Kevin didn't have any time to really talk, I do believe that as soon as his fame and money were mentioned he should have stated that 'no man is an island', in other words he should have mentioned that there is a great support team behind him at Sesame Street & Henson that have helped him acheive his dream. He didn't acheive that on his own. But again, he really didn't have the time.

I do remember Jim in interviews always saying how important it was to surround yourself with the right people for the job. I like that Jim gave others credit in interviews.
  9. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

That's true. I'm glad he just played it off with an "I do okay" comment. Not ideal, but like you said, okay for the time he was given.
  10. wes

wes Active Member

I should send a link to this thread to the Oprah people and see waht happens!! what do you think?
    Show them How Muppet Fans feel!
  11. puppetise

puppetise Member

hmm we should personaly gag operah and turn up with pich forks and look threatening when she inter veiws pointless ppl for too long
  12. Marky

Marky Member

Does anyone have a pattern to replicate Dr. Feel? I want to spank her with it!
  13. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

hubba,hubba!

I cracked up at Elmo leaning over and saying hubba hubba:D
  14. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

So....It was too short of an interview, what can we do? I mean, theres nothing that we can change now.....You gotta admit elmo jumpong at the word "affair" was priceless

Travelling Pat
  15. puppetise

puppetise Member

that took reall skill in improve but good work kevin!
  16. Animal Jam

Animal Jam New Member

Oprah has some strange stuff on her show, it make me sick!:boo:
    With all that Dr. Phil crap and John travolta and the other 70 year old celebs I couldn't stomach that show even if all the muppets from SS were on there! Bt if they had TMS... thats a different story.
  17. SirGiggles

SirGiggles New Member

lol now I know why cliffords voice was so deep (kevin clash also did the voice of clifford the catfish he was the host of muppets tongiht) and also kevin has done the voice of elmo since he was nine years old in the year 1969
  18. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

huh? :confused: :confused: :confused:
  19. awolterink

awolterink New Member

We here in Holland haven't seen this episode of Oprah at all, as far as I know.