Your Thoughts: Kevin Clash on Oprah

Erine81981

Reaction score
NEED MORE TIME! NEED MORE TIME! I liked it. Just Elmo and Kevin need some more time. That was cool that she said that Elmo came during the 80's but they should of talked about how Elmo came to be. He was still in 70's of the show too.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I was so dissapointed! It was ridiculously short. She basically said, "Wow, you never do interviews, do you? Wow, you're pretty rich, aren't you? Wow, I've met you before in x situation. Wow, it's the end of the show!" I'm totally mad at Oprah now. Normally I'm a big Oprah watcher but honestly, it was supposed to be an interview of him, but we got to look at him, hear him say like 2 things, listen to Oprah gush a bit, and it was over. I wonder, there must be more that was cut out. How dissapointing. More Kevin, more Elmo!

(Just a note: What I saw of Kevin and Elmo was absolutely fab. Looking great guys! I just wish it was longer. There was hardly a taste in my mouth before it was over.)

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I loved seeing Kevin and ELmo together. We don't get to see the muppeteers enough on tv. Unfortunately like everyone has been saying it was way too short. I would love to see a real interview with Kevin sometime.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Is Kevin really a multimillionaire?......just asking....or was that just plugged in to match his success with Elmo's?

goshposh

Reaction score
it was way too short. i put up with oprah getting a purse, a barbie, and shoes just to see elmo and kevin. my pay off two freakin minutes. what a jip!

rowlf84

Reaction score
The two minutes or so were great. Unfortunately, I had a feeling that he would be at the end and it would be short. At least Oprah seemed excited and interested. I wish the focus wouldn't have been so much on money, but that's Oprah's habit, it seems. I think mentioning "millions of dollars!" tends to have more of an impact on the general public than going into the details of puppeteering.

wes

Reaction score
It was way to short!! I did like the fact that kevin mention that he started in church, there's hope for me!!!! Wow, Kevin Started just like I did, all though it was short it was very encouraging. I love when puppets get a littile Riskea' no one expects it and it's funny. I told my wife the World should have ended Because Oprah and Elmo Was in the Same room together, it's one of the sign's of the appocalipes!:smile:

I recorded it i got to figure out how to get it on youtube!?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree that it was too short. They could have done more such as showing clips of Kevin performing Elmo or something like that. I also didn't like that they said that Elmo's been around for 20 years, when really the character was around before Kevin started performing him. It's too bad there wasn't really any mention of Richard Hunt passing Elmo over to Kevin.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I too thought it was way too short. If you'd focused less on Barbie and more on Elmo, you'd have not been viewed as a complete and total hypocrite in our eyes, Oprah.

BJ

Billy

Reaction score
I think it says something about Oprah when she dedicates the majority of her show to handbag designers and shoe makers, instead of a performer who bring joy to millions of people everyday.

A waste of time, in my view. Kevin deserves a REAL interview.