Your Thoughts: MC’s 10th Birthday

Pork

Reaction score
YAH, Happy Aniversary Muppet Central.

1. When did you first visit Muppet Central?
I visited Muppet Central and joined straight away, it's a really great place.

2. What are some of your favorite Muppet Central memories?
Lots of funny conversations and meeting some awesome friends. But I remember particularly that when I first joined I found it hilarious how everyone on here was so funny and I felt that I could be myself so easily. MUFFINS FOR ALL.

3. What is your prediction for the Muppets in 2008?
I can't predict the future, sorry.:stick_out_tongue:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That's right, I forgot that young Preston is the Muppet Central heir! We'll be expecting great things from him, Phill and Cindy!
:wink:

1. Hmmm, let's see... I first discovered MC in the fall of 2004. I forgot what I was searching for on Google, but it most likely had something to do with Fraggle Rock.

2. My first favorite memories of MC are from the months from late 2004 to early 2005, when I was lerking. I was living in a college dorm then, and as mentioned in another thread, my favorite thing to do on Friday nights was order a pizza and sit up half the night with a nice long thread! My favorite one to keep up with was the MC Dorms, which had just recently started up again. Funny thing about that was that although I know it said "The Next Semester," I couldn't understand why at first. It wasn't 'til much later that I found the original thread. Anyway, I was soon to discover that that thread wasn't long at all, but being a newbe to forums in general, I considered it quite something. Let's see.. There was also Beth's wedding, and the time I went to Bryan's play in CT just to meet him in person, and getting to know each individual member's personality and posting style, and even those times that tested our resolve, because even though they might not have been the easiest or the most enjoyable, they made those of us who survived them closer in a way. Most of the memories that stand out for me are the ones that, whether posative or negative, did serve that purpose of making us feel closer.
3. I, too, predict a good year, but mostly for merchandise! We already know about much of it, Fraggle, Sesame and classic muppet, but I think more news will come. I also think we'll hear more on the two Henson movies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I joined in 2002...which is almost 6 years ago...sheesh...I'm getting old...

Anyway! My greatest memories may be the excitment of talking to "secret squirrels" and other mysterious members of JHC who have dropped in here from time to time. I specificially remember one guy who had seen a preview of VMC and was telling us so much about it. I was truely very excited! I also remember Jerry Nelson complaining that his characters didn't have smilies!

This year we'll get more posers, we'll hear a few more rumours, Fraggle Rock Movie will move up a stage...and we'll begin to see more and more merch filtering into shops.

superboober

Reaction score
1. I joined in winter 2006, although I had dropped in occasionally before that on a visiting basis.

2. Probably getting much descriptions of older moments that were lurking in the back of my mind, but I could quite piece together immediately.

3. I'm a pragmatist (at least I think that's the proper phrase); whatever comes will come. At least we will get several good items coming, perhaps even more will pop up (if not, we can take Super Grover's lead and solve it by hopping up and down and yelling "Wubba wubba.")

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, that should work. Who knows? It might even get us enough attention if we pick the right place o do it!
:big_grin: On the other hand, it might get us the wrong kind of attention...

peyjenk

Reaction score
Yay MC! I'm very glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
1. When did you first visit Muppet Central?
I remember visiting and just reading the site around the time that Muppet's from space came out, i was new to the internet and i didn't even have a computer yet but used it at my grandparents house. yes my grandparents had a computer before me! but i showed them how to work most of it! My family got a computer right after the new year in 2000 and thats when i became a member and could really get into the site.

2. What are some of your favorite Muppet Central memories?
Oh those old late night chats with crazy Muppet fans! i also remember a very funny fan fic role play that many of us did years ago!

3. What is your prediction for the Muppets in 2008?
hmm, well we know a lot already! I'm hoping more classic Jim Henson stuff comes to dvd and maybe a new Muppet special!

I've kept in close contact with a few old Muppet friends from MC and as well MC got me linked in to puppet auditions as well and I've met many people who have worked with Jim Henson. I'm not around as much anymore due to life just getting sooo busy! but i do like to keep up to date with MC and at least try to keep in touch! i miss many old MC friends!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Have been here pretty much since after the site made its debut - it was pretty much the next step for Muppet fandom at the time - the only real major way for fans to connect prior were newsgroup bulletin boards and MuppetZine. It wasn't necessarily the First way for fans to connect (the newsgroups have that honor) but MC was taking it up to the next level and really gave people more of a central focal point - it was pretty much THE place to connect - and i really miss those days before the fan community started to devolve a bit into different factions.

Several great memories - finally putting faces to names at MuppetFest - i loved being able to personally interact with people and while i had some awesome conversations both in groups and one-on-one, i would have loved to spend more time with so many other people. Other great memories was being able to meet and interview Jerry Juhl for one of the site's first "celeb" interviews, some of the initial chats and when we were blessed by Jerry Nelson's presence, and overall being able to correspond with people that were as horribly obsessed and fascinated with the Muppets and the works of Jim Henson as i was - back then it was quite the thrill to run into someone who knew the difference between a Fraggle and a Frackle!

Just looked over to the side of the room at my display case of Palisades figures - above them are the lithograph from MuppetFest which is between a MuppetFest flyer which is what i used to collect autographs that weekend, and a nifty sheet filled with autographs from cast and creative crew of Muppets From Space that some old friends on the site was able to give as a special gift to some of the major contributors to the site (bordered by some awesome Chris Smigliano drawings) - haven't put it up yet, but i will soon be adding a postcard of the Jim Henson's Fantastic World touring exhibit which i had signed by each of the people that visited and did a presentation: Karen Falk, Fran Brill, and Dave Goelz.

Instead of making a prediction, i'm going to make some wishes/hopes. I wish that the Muppet team has finally found its leader that stays with the team and is totally committed to the success of the group (after two previous heads of Muppet Holding Company). I hope that Disney maintains a close and respectful relationship with the Henson Company and all the people that have made the Muppets what they are as well as a close relationship with the Jim Henson Legacy. I would also totally love it if i could eventually someday have a Phillip/Cindy, Michael/Mar situation where the forum leads me to meet a great Muppet loving guy in real life that i could have a great offline friendship/relationship with!

FurryOlGrover

Reaction score
Happy Birthday MC!
I just joined this past week! I've been around as a visitor for a while, checking news and looking at articles and the like. Then, I started listening to the MuppetCast(props to Steve and that awesome podcast) and decided to have a look at the forums and here I am!

PS Beauregard, if you feel the need to jump out of a cake, I say go for it! ;:super: