1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: MC's 15th Birthday

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Happy birthday! Muppet Central is now 15 years old. The site debuted 15 years ago on January 28, 1998.

Back when the site first started The Jim Henson Company still owned all of their original properties including the Muppets and Sesame Street. Two new feature films were in development simultaneously, Muppets From Space and Elmo in Grouchland. The Children's Television Workshop was gearing up for their upcoming 30th anniversary and The Jim Henson Company was developing an ambitious sci-fi series that would eventually become Farscape. Even though many changes have occurred throughout the EM.TV and Disney years, we’ve been honored to be a small part of it and to provide a place for fan discussion and interaction.

We want to thank all of the staff, past and present who have given so much of their time and giftings to make Muppet Central a great place. Every member here is a vital part of what makes Muppet Central special. Thanks for doing your part in keeping Jim Henson’s vision of the Muppets alive. We believe great days are ahead.

While we’re celebrating fifteen years, we are also looking towards the future. What do you think the future holds for the Muppets especially with their eighth (!) feature film on the horizon for March 2014? Sesame Street is in uncharted waters as they dearly miss two beloved veterans in Kevin Clash and Jerry Nelson. Fraggle Rock is also celebrating 30 years. What is your prediction for 2013? Let us know!

Share your opinions in the below discussion and let us know what you think will happen with the Muppets in this upcoming year.

2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow, happy birthday MC! Had no idea its anniversary was today. :)

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Muppet Central! I'm ready for another 15 years is anyone else? Who brought the cake?

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I had no idea either. Man...It's still hard to believe I've been here for 7 years...

[​IMG]

5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*whispers* I have virtual cake. Just hide it from Sarge.

6. Sgt Floyd

The virtual cake is a lie!

*brick'd*

7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*whisper* Virtual pie, anyone?

8. Sgt Floyd

Ew...I don't like virtual pie. How about virtual pancakes?

[​IMG]

(ok, no more gifs from me :p)

9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

:eek: She doesn't like virtual pie? Preposterous!

I love how unfitting this thread has been to the occasion, yet how fitting it has been seeing that we're being the idiots we are on here.

Once again, happy birthday to MC! :)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. Sgt Floyd

And that is why you gotta love us <3

Hubert likes this.
  11. Walter

Walter Active Member

Happy Birthday Muppet Central! I would also like to thank the entire staff as well as all of the moderators and members that keep this place hopping!:) I see nothing but a bright future for our funny friends, and I can't wait to see what's in store with the new movie!:D

Hubert, Muppet fan 123 and jgidley like this.
  12. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

15 years?!?!?! Wow, this is awesome! Happy Birthday MC!!!

13. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Happy birthday to Muppet Central! I am looking forward to another excellent year on here with a lot of fun Muppets stuff.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Happy Happy Birthday, MC!!!:):coy::batty: I do hope there is a brighter future for updating other places 'round the website...in the meantime, I still wanna plan a BIG Fraggle Rock party!:busy:

15. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Me too! I had no idea that Fraggle Rock was on television 30 years ago. I did not see that show until 1993 or was it 1994? Who cares! 15 years of MC? I only been on this site for one year. :excited: :coy: :smirk:

theSHE124 likes this.
  16. JohnMan418

JohnMan418 New Member

Here's to another 15 years Muppet Central. I'm happy that I had joined this year although I wish I did earlier on. I've always loved the Muppets, and have been growing to love them more as an adult. As a child, I grew up watching "Sesame Street" and it is sad to see Jerry Nelson and Kevin Clash gone. I only hope Clash can find another job that can make him happy, like working on projects for the Henson company or going back to playing Clifford and working for Disney.

17. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

I'm very happy that I joined this wonderful forum. Congrats on hitting 15 years! :)

JohnMan418 and BobThePizzaBoy like this.
  18. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, MC! On to the next fifteen years for this great forum :D

19. Bobo's Girl

Bobo's Girl New Member

Happy Birthday Muppet Central. You never fail to make my day a little brighter!
    Here's to many more! :)

20. Stulz

Stulz Active Member

Happy Birthday Muppet Central.

Hard to believe its only been 15 years! Looking forward to the next 15!

From everyone at Muppet Stuff!
    www.facebook.com/MuppetStuff