Your Thoughts: Muppets at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It was most likely him. Keep in mind that he had been performing kermit for 3 miles prior to the finale performance. I'm sure his arm was really tired. Could have afftected Kermit's mannerisms, but I didn't notice.
I assumed it was cramped under the float, but I hadn't considered fatigue, that makes a lot of sense. Like I said, I didn't think the performance was bad at all (quite the opposite), it just seemed stylistically different then usual.

I noticed the same thing. More than likely though this was due to performing in a very cramped and non-traditional atmosphere (under a float) for a long period of time.
I feel better that I'm not the only one who noticed. I am curious what the setup under there looked like. I mean, usually the parts of a float that aren't visible to the public are nothing stunning, but I'm sure they'd want to make it as comfortable as possible for him to operate Kermit for so long.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else bought this up or if it's just me making connections that aren't there, but I was thinking about Kermit's song and the more I think about it, the more it reminds me of Rainbow Connection. It has that message of dreaming and believing as well as the iconic image of Kermit sitting on a log.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved every bit of the Muppets in the Thanksgiving Parade. I recorded the whole thing so i wouldn't have to miss anything. Really enjoyed seeing Herry with Murray and The Count being that Jerry does both characters.

Kermit and his log that he sat on. I felt sorry that the camera would do a wideshot being that you couldn't see him as good till they showed a close up but still enjoyed the song. Can't wait for the special to come out.

dwmckim

Reaction score
re: "that's so magic"

Actually it _is_ a catchphrase of Abby's though perhaps catch "phrase" isn't quite the right word as she usually says a variation of the line...when she tends to see something for the first time or doesn't know how it works, she'll often say something like "It must be magic!" at which point someone will usually corrrect her "no, it's just glue!" or whatever. Plus it's not overdone so it may not be immediately recognizable.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
WOW you guys know I've made allot of comments about Steve's Kermit many in the negative direction but this was great, if I didn't know of Jims passing on I'd have sworn it was him.
After only a few hours, the Sesame float clip is already on YouTube:

This is the link!
Wow I never thought I'd see Alice again! How cool!

BEAR

Reaction score
5 When was it decided/stated by anyone on Sesame Street and/or Abby herself that "That's So Magic!" is her catch phrase? Never heard her say that as a catch phrase in any episode she's been a part of these last three years.
I've actually heard her say that line atleast once.

BEAR

Reaction score
The parade was pretty good this year.

The Sesame float was cute as usual. No dancing this year though? It was great to see all the cast (well...most of the cast) together on the float. I always look forward to seeing Susan (Loretta Long) since we never see her on the show anymore. She was, of course, wearing that same big hat! It would be nice to see Susan standing with Gordon though. How come they don't really appear together anymore? Luis and Maria are always in episodes together.
It was cool to see Alice too! Since Snuffy wasn't there, it was still great to see the Snuffleupagus family well represented. I think I've asked this before, but has Snuffy ever appeared in the parade? They should have him as a balloon!

Kermit was sweet singing the song at the end.

And Ed...the float that Kristen Chenowith was on was the Care Bears float. She sang "The Christmas Waltz" which is one of my favorite holiday standards.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Bry. BTW: Can get you Kermit's song if you want, just LMK.