Your Thoughts: Muppets at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don’t forget this morning to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade to see several Muppet appearances.

Scheduled to appear is the Kermit balloon, Abby Cadabby balloon, the 123 Sesame Street float with Muppets and cast members and the highlight of the day will be Kermit the Frog singing the new song “I Believe in Santa Claus”. Also be on the lookout for promos for the Muppets special "Letters to Santa" on the NBC broadcast.

After you watch the appearance post here and share your thoughts.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At the beginning, they made no mention Kermit being in the parade. Weird.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
At the beginning, they made no mention Kermit being in the parade. Weird.
yeah I also noticed that (Im taping it) I heard them say "The Cast Of Sesame Street"...dont worry tho Kermie WILL be there! :smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
SS float just went on..wow u can tell that dude on the panio was off, lol..trhe paino started playin then he put his hands on the keys quick and made it look like he was playin...but nice float, and Barkly and Alice where there. Nice to see them! :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, Lang Lang was clearly faking. Nice song though. I see Zoe got bumped out of the nest for Abby. The characters I saw were:

-Big Bird
-Abby
-Elmo
-Cookie Monster
-Grover
-Prairie Dawn
-Zoe
-Ernie
-Bert
-Murray
-Oscar
-Alice
-Barkley
-Grundgetta
-The Count
-Herry
-Telly
-Baby Bear
-Karina the Ballerina

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, don't you mean Karina the Ballerina instead?

Thoughts...
1 Funny and proud to hear the crowd chanting for Abby as her balloon passed by on CBS's broadcast, earlier to her appearance on NBC's broadcast.
2 Whoever that Dave guy on CBS's broadcast is... Do some research first! ! ! :mad:
Abby the first female Muppet character in thirteen years? Oh, so you've not known about Rosita and Zoe, the latter of which was on the float herself.
3 Funny disillusionment tale told by Patrick Warberdton about how Jim met Kermit the Toad, the inspiration for Kermit The Frog, which wasn't true. That made me :smirk:
4 Saw the float on NBC's broadcast... The song this year was "Songs", which is the one sung by Sugarland and Elmo, who made an earlier appearance on CBS's broadcast as well.
5 When was it decided/stated by anyone on Sesame Street and/or Abby herself that "That's So Magic!" is her catch phrase? Never heard her say that as a catch phrase in any episode she's been a part of these last three years.

Now to wait for Kermit's singing surprise with Santa at the end of the parade.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Now to wait for Kermit's singing surprise with Santa at the end of the parade.
YES! that WILL be the high light of my thanksgiving day....and eatting! :big_grin:

Im sitting here in my livingroom watching Macys and i have this lap top on my lap so Im malti taskin here lol

wiley207

Reaction score
I SAW HERRY MONSTER ON THE SESAME STREET FLOAT!

For those who didn't see, he was right next to Count von Count and Murray Monster in the building setup. Good to see my favorite unibrowed monster back in action!

And it was awesome seeing Barkley, as usual. AND Alice finally made a triumphant return!

Well, Herry has made my day today! :big_grin:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
JUST now they said (when they were showing the pirate float) "Comming up, blah blah blah and the lovable Kermit the Frog!" YOO HOO! :smile: he's comming soon gang! :smile: :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
So has Kermit sang yet, im watching on a CBS feed. Saw the baloon tho, very cool.