1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppets at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I SEE KERMIT! Steve Whitmire did a great job with him as always. Was Steve actually under the float, or was it a pre-recorded voice track?

This is the best Macy's parade I've ever seen. With the Sesame Street cast (reviving a few "forgotten" Muppets too) and Kermit the Frog, it REALLY made my morning!
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

What a nice song Kermit sang! Need time machine to go to Dec 17th!
  3. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Huh? Was I watching the wrong coverage? I didn't see Kermit singing at all :(
  4. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Is it just me, or was Kermit's song a bit of a tear-jerker in a happy way? Really, I loved it. It was the sweetest moment of the parade, I think and very pretty.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yaey! What a beautiful song... Who knew... Kristen Chenowith sang so nicely, was that a song from the new Barbie Christmas Caroll DVD? And of course, Kermit's song! ! !

And after he finished singing...
    Kermit: Happy Thanksgiving Santa.
    Woo-hoo! *Off to feast.

*Andy Williams singing the finale... Happy holidays everybody.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

What a wonderful song Kermit looked so great!
  7. bazooka_beak

Well, unless I passed out for a few minutes, CBS didn't show Kermit singing. Just a bunch of dumb interviews for their TV lineup. *wants to cry*
  8. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

YAAAAYYY!Kermit did great!:)
    (I'm going to need to tape "Letters To Santa" though.I'll be out of town that day.)
  9. Shadowkai

Shadowkai New Member

It was actully Steve under the float, I read in an Interview he did with Toughpigs.com about the parade.

Anyway I wished they hold longer on him...and not talk over his singing.
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

it was tear jerker my eyes felt like they wanted to cry but i had a HUGE smile on my face! :)
  11. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Yeah, if that doesn't make one's heart grow three sizes, I don't know what would!
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think cbs tape the performanes and slot then in "as live" so there might be hope yet!
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaaay Kermit:)
  14. bazooka_beak

Well, I hope somebody puts the footage on Youtube, because I didn't see him singing at all. I'm a little miffed now.
  15. Shadowkai

Shadowkai New Member

I agree with you, all I heard was him saying Happy thankgiving Santa or something like that. :/
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Just the way Kermit sang it kinda wanna makes me want to Belive in Santa again! :) Oh wait! I do ;)
  17. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

Omg it was soo beautiful~ I love that song` Very Heartflet

AND THE COMMCERICAL FOR A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa was good.. Nice choice of sence. i hope there will be some more versions in the upcomin weeks~!
  18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's always great to see SS characters on the float who aren't on the show too often anymore, especially Alice and Barkley. Then there are the SS humans who are down to one appearance per season, Susan & Bob, so I'm glad they were both there. I also really liked the song Kermit sang at the end. I'm looking forward to when "Letters to Santa" airs.
  19. bazooka_beak

Hello fellow Michigander :D

Yeah, basically all they showed was Kermit waving and saying "Happy Thanksgiving!", and I didn't see anything else. And I didn't leave the room or anything, so I don't see how I could've missed it. What footage was everybody else watching?
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member