1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppets at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

BECAUSE OF ALL LISTED HERE I USUALLY ONLY WATCH THE MACY'S PARADE ON NBC...sorry about the caps forgot they were on
  2. Libba Yuki

Libba Yuki Member

I had my sister (who was leaving later than I was to go to family gatherings) tape the end of the parade for me, so I was thankfully able to see Kermit sing his song.

It was wonderful.

Are we getting a new X-mas cd this year to go with the new special? And when is the special coming out on dvd?
  3. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I saw the parade this morning and was very impressed. The Sesame float was great as well as their performance (frankly I wasn't too surprised with the song that they chose). And I have to say it, but Kermit really stole the entire parade All in all, I rate the entire show three Kermit's. :):):)
  4. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I think they played a little snippet of Kermit's song along with images of the parade at the end of the NBC Nightly News this evening.
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Everyone lip syncs for the parade, some are just more obvious then others. Great appearances by all Muppets and their balloons. Kermit has been getting lots of coverage on the New York stations here when it comes to highlight clips from the parade calling his balloon "classic" and a "standard favorite". They even interviewed some of the balloon handlers who said they wouldn't be a part of any other balloon because Kermit was the best, and helping steer was an honor.

I have to nit pick just a teeny bit. I know from reading the TP interview that Steve was going to be doing the Kermit, but was it really him? The puppetry looked different then normal. Not bad, just different. And Kermit's eyes seemed a bit close together then usual.

Great song though and made me really excited for the movie!
  7. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

It was most likely him. Keep in mind that he had been performing kermit for 3 miles prior to the finale performance. I'm sure his arm was really tired. Could have afftected Kermit's mannerisms, but I didn't notice.
  8. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I just watched the SS float on youtube. Correct me If I'm wrong, but did I see the puppet used for "Karina the Ballerina" next to Baby Bear? I thought that Zoe looked like she was going to fall, and that you could see a bit too much under Ernie. I think Cookie looked the funniest singing, and Abby looks cute w/ Earmuffs. But this is all just me
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

It was a nice performance, to be honest i thought the grinning kids dancing in the back looked a bit over the top but Kermit was great. Maybe the whole thing was a slight bit too cheesy and disneyfied, i prefer the style of performance we are seeing in the viral videos where they are a little more like the TMS days.
  10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I noticed the same thing. More than likely though this was due to performing in a very cramped and non-traditional atmosphere (under a float) for a long period of time.

By the way, "I'll Believe in Santa Claus" and a preview song from "Letters to Santa" are both now playing on Muppet Central Radio.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*In Kermit voice: Oh good. Was going to ask if you wanted to get the song for MCR Phil, now that we forumers have a copy circulating in the MUP3's thread.

Will hopefully catch this "preview" song as well if it's a different one. :excited:

Also, they used the Abby Cadaby balloon in conjunction with the SST float... That means the Big Bird balloon's consecutive appearance streak has been halted once again. Abby's a good choice... But I hope both her and Big Bird make it next year in honor of the 40th anniversary.
  12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

By the way if anyone finds any nice pictures of Kermit from the parade please post links here. Pictures should be appearing on-line throughout the day.
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet

Yeah! Im sure Steve"s arm wasnt feeling to hot for a 3 hour parade! belive me! I did my kermit puppet a few years back here for a parade and i was like that for 45 + mins and my arm killed me! :smirk:
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I did here the name of some other composer for Kermit's song. they said it was something Macy or other...
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

They said it was "Macey's own" ... so someone connected to Macey's. I don't get why :confused:
  16. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

it was good to see the cast of S.S. agin, and Kermit. I hope they do it agin next year.
  17. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

Kermit singing was just so... wow. I still can't believe it. It was so good!
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Not to split hairs, but she did say something to that extent in the first episode she appeared in, I think she also said it in Abby in Wonderland, though it could have just been overdubbed for the promotion. But then again, i know a lot of cartoon characters who have catchphrases they never say on various dossiers and T-***** and the like.

Clearly she was given that phrase as a merchandising standpoint. Hope this helps somewhat.

I really think "Leela" (I forget her real name) enjoyed her first appearance in the parade, and I hope she's a part of it for a long time to come. I can't remember if I saw Chris or not.

The one thing that confuses me, why is Alice on the float (and has been for a while) but she hasn't been on SS in ages?

But what a parade... a Sesame Street performance and a Kermit the Frog performance as well. Those 2 were the real highlights of the parade... along with Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends Rick Rolling the country (too bad that joke was played out by mid July, but still pretty funny).

And I notice they changed the Kermit Balloon's music to "Rainbow Connection." Was this the case last year? I still remember the Muppet Show theme being used then. And luckily, Abby's wand wasn't broken like last year...
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Guess you're right about that Drtooth.

Nitya Vidyasagar is The real name of the actress who portrays Leela.

BTW: The float with Kristen Chenoweth, what was that one for? And the song she sang? That one was beautiful too.

*Listening to Christmas Muppet music.
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

yeah last year they played "Rainbow" with the kermit balloon....i just checked cause I also have that taped