1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppets From Space

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by animal86, Jul 30, 2003.

1. animal86

animal86 New Member

This movie is really funny . I like when gonzo's cereal is giving him his messages.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Funny? Maybe.

I personaly put it LOW down on my list of favorites, but it beats KSY anyday.

The real problem that I had with the film was the fact that Gonzo was an alien. And I must say that the otger day I was listening to I'm Going To Go Back There Someday, and my mind was changed.

I hate to say it, but it is the truth. Gonzo IS an Alien.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, the first three Muppet movies are my favorites, but out of the common era ones, this one's my second favorite (AVMMCM was my fave... they just need to work out the kinks... get Gonzo back with Camilla...)
  4. Thijs

Thijs Member

Although I have problems with the role of Kermit, the 'new' gonzo (i still like the muppet show gonzo better) and the lack of camilla (although Rizzo and Gonzo are a good team too), I love the movie. Great story. I don't really care about gonzo being or not being an alien. Its just a movie.
  5. Beauregard

Yes, for a movie entirly about the big G, where is Camilla? I don't get it. Why has she gone from that and MTI?
  6. Thijs

Thijs Member

LOL, I remember something stupid. When I was a kid, I always thought Janice was a frog.

:flirt::)

hmm,......
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Bwa-hahahaha!!! Whoever heard of an orange frog???

I mean, a frog with long stringy blonde hair I can see, but an ORANGE frog?! LOL!!

J/K ;) They actually come in a Skittle of rainbow colors.
  8. Thijs

Thijs Member

Hahahahahah, orange? O man, I am colourblind, and that's no joke. I thougth all these years that Janice was green:D. What a day. I also got to know that Bunsen is green. He had been yellow for me all these years.
  9. Beauregard

DId you really think that Janice was green?

Actually, maybe I am going to get some startling reverlations. Tell me Fozzie IS pick, right? Rolwlf is Blue? and Kermit is Yellow?
  10. Thijs

Thijs Member

LOL:D

but I really thought Janice was green, it was no joke.
  11. The King Pepe

The King Pepe New Member

Yeah its one funny movie alright, its brilliant when rizzo gets tortured with the other lab rats.
  12. Beauregard

Pepe stole too much screen time.

Has anyone noticed that in the Muppet's Lab scene Bunsen says

"The effect is sadly temperary,"

and Beaker echoes

"Very Sadly Temperary" (in Meepish)

They also did that in the very first Muppet Moive!!! Did anyone notice that?
  13. Thijs

Thijs Member

When I saw the movie last week, I found not. He doesn't have that much screentime. I think they choose a good selection of characters to search for Gonzo. Though I still think Pepe and Seymour still are a duo, and should never have been torn apart.
  14. The King Pepe

The King Pepe New Member

Which ones seymour?
  15. Thijs

Thijs Member

The fat elephant from MT. has never been seen again.
  16. The King Pepe

The King Pepe New Member

So pepe has been in other Muppet movies? God i need to buy some more DVDs.
  17. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Muppets Tonight is not a muppet movie. Muppets Tonight was a tv series and you can't get it on DVD.
  18. Fozzie Bear

They stole several old jokes for MFS. Most memorable was in the basement, taken from TMM:

:confused: "But the effects are sadly temporary." *Sigh.*
    :eek: "Mamly Memormary." *Sigh.*

The "Life on this planet" joke got past me. :)
  19. Baby Animal

Baby Animal New Member

When I saw Muppets from Space the first time in the theaters, I walked out sadly disappointed. What really chaffed my hide was the fact that there were none, 0, zilch, nada original songs. That has been one of the trademarks of Muppet Movies since the first one, the great songs. With Muppets from Space, we got a whole ton of songs which were popular when the Muppet Show was actually on. That is the one thing I would have definately changed.

Upon second and third review (just within the last 3 months), I have found MFS a little funnier and not too bad of a movie. It's still my least favorite of all the Muppet movies, but it's better than Barney.
  20. Fozzie Bear

Watching dirt grow is better than Barney. ;)

The music fact you stated was also my problem with it, but I could over look it for a good story, which I felt we got.