Your Thoughts: Muppets From Space

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I know the no music factor of the movie really upset me my first time seeing it too and it still is upsetting. I do have to say I did like those classic Muppet jokes and how emotional it was when Gonzo was going to leave for outer space. I seriously almost started crying. I don't watch that movie anywhere near as much as the other movies though but it was still a kinda good movie since I did choose to buy it.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well I have to say you are seeing the glass as half empty! in the early and mid 90's everything we saw was FAR worse (except for maybe MTI) I think it was the first step in the right direction, VMX being the second....songs will come later, but the muppets are getting back comedic time that was lost for a while, and after that, everything else will follow

Beauregard

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
I know the no music factor of the movie really upset me my first time seeing it too and it still is upsetting. I do have to say I did like those classic Muppet jokes and how emotional it was when Gonzo was going to leave for outer space. I seriously almost started crying. I don't watch that movie anywhere near as much as the other movies though but it was still a kinda good movie since I did choose to buy it.
I always cry when Gonzo is chosing to leave with the aliens. Also I end up nearly crying half the time at the very end of the Muppet Movie, just after Sweetums has burst through the screen, I have never figured out why!!!

And yes, I agree with Sarah, MFS was better than nothing and non-muppet fans, liked it better than Muppet fans. AAll the nods and winks to other movies, they found hilarious.

Bea :zany:{I speak from experience, ok, all my friends like it best, ok, they also think that Pepe is French, ok!!!}regard

Thijs

Reaction score
MFS was far better then MTI, and I haven't seen it yet, but I always hear VMMCM was better then MFS, so things are getting better.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sarah,

After seeing them at MuppetFest, I don't think their comedic timing is off; they just had folks directing that wasn't used to directing Muppets sometimes, right? (Right?) :confused: At MuppetFest they were on target, and quick witted.

Beau,
If you're like me you get teary at the end of TMM because the movie is over. :cry: Also, Kermit's revelation to himself in the desert is an inspiring moment for me, so that gets me, too.

Tommie,
They haven't shown the movie VMX there yet?? Yipe! It's really a good film--a little drawn out in places, but what movie isn't?

FOZ

WiGgY

Reaction score
MFS was funny, but it is my least favorite of the muppet movies, but that doesn't mean it is bad. I mean, there has to be a least favorite even if you like the movie, though AVMMC comes before MFS on my list if for no other reason than we got some great classic characters mixed with new.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
...though AVMMC comes before MFS on my list if for no other reason than we got some great classic characters mixed with new.
That, and we got back to the Theater.

Thijs

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Tommie,
They haven't shown the movie VMX there yet?? Yipe! It's really a good film--a little drawn out in places, but what movie isn't?

FOZ
no :cry:

although Holland is full of Muppetfans, they don't show much Muppet's on tv. If I had to choose 1 no more colourblindness or 2 more muppets on tv in Holland, i would go for 2!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzi3 B3ar said:
Beau,
If you're like me you get teary at the end of TMM because the movie is over. :cry: Also, Kermit's revelation to himself in the desert is an inspiring moment for me, so that gets me, too.
No it is just that music at the end makes me go all weepy, Like I feel so happy and I'm just liek near tears and.... :attitude: I refuse to embarase myself here.

I also nearly cry over the Going To GO Back There bit, which brings us back to the topic.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Funny, you remembered my old name: FOZZI3B3AR.

All this talk about MFS makes me want to see it again.