Your Thoughts: Muppets From Space

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought this thread would be the best place to ask the questions I have after watching MFS for the first time. Here are the extra characters I gathered from the movie, along with a few questions as well.

Agent Barker (TMS Movie, from MFS, Josh Charles)
Armed Female "Guardian of the Hallway" (TMS Movie, from MFS, Kathy Griffin)
The BirdMan Rat (TMS Movie, from MFS)
Bob the Sheep (TMS Movie, from MTI)
Bubba the Rat (TMS Movie, from MFS)
The Cosmic KnowledgeFish #1 (TMS Movie, from MFS)
The Cosmic Knowledge Fish #2 (TMS Movie, from MFS)
Dr. Tucker (TMS Movie, from MFS, David Arquette)
Fast Eddie Rat (TMS Movie, from MFS)
General Luft (TMS Movie, from MFS, Pat Hingle)
Gladys the Pigeon (TMS Movie, from MFS)
Guardian of the Gate #1 (TMS Movie, from MFS, Ray Liotta)
Guardian of the Gate #2 (TMS Movie, from MFS, Richard Fullerton)
Guardian of the Gate #3 (TMS Movie, from MFS, Mark Joy)
K. Edgar "Ed" Singer, aka Ambassador Zongo (TMS Movie, From MFS, Jeffrey Tambor)
The Mashed Potato Lady (TMS Movie, from MFS, Elaine Nalee)
Mikey the Cameraman (TMS Movie, from MFS, David Lenthall)
Noah of the Ark (TMS Movie, from MFS, F. Murray Abraham)
Renthro the Bear (TMS Movie, Bobo the Bear Guard from MFS)
Shakes Rat (TMS Movie, from MFS)
Shelley Snipes (TMS Movie, from MFS, Andie MacDowell)
The Talking Sandwich (TMS Movie, from MFS)
Troy Rat (TMS Movie, from MFS)
The TV Associate Producer (TMS Movie, from MFS, Carl Espy)
The TV Producer (TMS Movie, from MFS, Rob Schneider)
The TV Stage Manager (TMS Movie, from MFS, Veronica Alicino)
Ubergonzo (TMS Movie, from MFS)

Additional Questions
1 As to the "Armed Female or Guardian of the Hallway", should she be listed as such, as "The Hallway Guardian" or as "The Guardian of the Hallway"?
2 As to the three "Guardians of the Gate" listed above, should they be listed as such or as "The Gate Guardians"?
3 Who is this Uber Gonzo supposedly performed by Jerry Nelson, and would it be fair to call him "Uber Gonzo"?
4 Also, what was the name of the female alien that appeared at the end of the movie when Gonzo's alien ancestors arrived at Cape Doom?
5 Who are these characters from Muppets From Space?
The Child (TMS Movie, from MFS, Deron Barnett)
Joey Potter (TMS Movie, from MFS, Katie Holmes)
The Little Girl (TMS Movie, from MFS, Christina Mullins)
M.I.B. Guard (TMS Movie, from MFS, Joe Cobb Jr.)
Pacey Witter (TMS Movie, from MFS, Joshua Jackson)
The Security Guard (TMS Movie, from MFS, Michael Shawn Langley).
6 Did Courtney Driver perform just the voice of a Beach Hippie in MFS, or did she actually portray this character herself in costume?

If you can answer these questions to help out my ever-growing master Muppet Listings, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Additional Questions
1 As to the "Armed Female or Guardian of the Hallway", should she be listed as such, as "The Hallway Guardian" or as "The Guardian of the Hallway"?

I would call her the "Female Hallway Guard" as Guardian sounds like an angel or something.

2 As to the three "Guardians of the Gate" listed above, should they be listed as such or as "The Gate Guardians"?

Gards at the Gate (I would list them as)

3 Who is this Uber Gonzo supposedly performed by Jerry Nelson, and would it be fair to call him "Uber Gonzo"?

Uber Gonzo is the head alien that speaks to Gonzo when the aliens arive. ANd yes it is fair t call him that.

4 Also, what was the name of the female alien that appeared at the end of the movie when Gonzo's alien ancestors arrived at Cape Doom?

I don't think she has a name.

5 Who are these characters from Muppets From Space?
The Child (TMS Movie, from MFS, Deron Barnett)

I guess she was in the crowd scene.

Joey Potter (TMS Movie, from MFS, Katie Holmes)

I guess she was in the crowd scene.

The Little Girl (TMS Movie, from MFS, Christina Mullins)

I guess she was in the crowd scene, too.

M.I.B. Guard (TMS Movie, from MFS, Joe Cobb Jr.)

He was one of the people who came and took Gonzo away, probably not the one that fought with Miss Piggy.

Pacey Witter (TMS Movie, from MFS, Joshua Jackson)

Crowd Scene, I guess.

The Security Guard (TMS Movie, from MFS, Michael Shawn Langley)

He is the one that talks to Miss Piggy and gets mind misted by her and lets them all in to the compound.

6 Did Courtney Driver perform just the voice of a Beach Hippie in MFS, or did she actually portray this character herself in costume?

The hippy on the beach was not a character so I guess the hippy was performed in character.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Muppets From Space

For the most part,I personally find their original matierial[stuff they had done before being donated to Walt Disney Studios after Jim Henson,s death]the best.However,one thing I find Muppets From Space to have in common with the first three Muppet movies[The Muppet Movie,The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhatten]is it,s realistic outdoor scenery.Which is one reason why I like the first three Muppet movies the best.Seeing these characters interact with a real looking outside world,really makes them look like living beings,not just muppets.If you know what I,m saying.It,s true that Muppets From Space may be the first muppet movie with no musical numbers in it.I never thought of that.Unless you count the workout they all did in the film,s openning scene.The film feels sort of like a parody of science fiction in a sense.I rather like it anyway.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I liked "Muppets From Space." It's not my favorite, and it didn't really turn out to be the type of movie I expected (I thought it was "Muppets In Space" :stick_out_tongue: ), but I did like it. I thought it was pretty cute overall.
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
Its alright but I refuse to accept Gonzo as an alien. He will always be a whatever to me :concern:

PutDownDuckie

Reaction score
I really liked Muppets From Space. I felt that it had a lot of the zany random comments that made the Muppet Show really work. it also didn't rely on people as heavily as Muppet Treasure island did. What i missed, though, were the original songs and Camilla. I wish that the "Gonzos" in the end had come with chickens too.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jediX said:
Its alright but I refuse to accept Gonzo as an alien. He will always be a whatever to me :concern:
Yeah, it is kinda weird to have the mystery of Gonzo's identity revealed like that. I always thought of him as one of a kind.
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
I only saw Muppets in Space once, and I didn't like it then. I want to see it again, so I can see if that judgement still holds. But I liked the scenes at the Muppet house. That was too cool! :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
He still is to me, dang it. lol

I agree w/ you, whatever, about not liking stuff the first time. I havn't seen Xmas Carol in YEARS because I remember I didn't like it. In fact it's the only Henson movie that I don't own on DVD. And that's not just because I've NEVER seen a copy in stores.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I liked the Christmas Carol a lot. It's my favorite version of it, I'd say. Fun and pretty true to the story. With the Muppets, Michael Caine, and a holiday classic, it's a pretty winning combination!
Erin