Your Thoughts: Muppets From Space

Count von Count

Reaction score
Your thoughts on Muppets From Space

What do you think about Muppets From Space rating from 1-10! The thing that sticks out to me is the start of the movie where they sing, and pepe was one of the funnest muppet. But what was gonzo he a alien, but what kind of alien? So i give it a 7. what scene do you like the best?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
on a scale of one to ten, this movie was an eight. Its the movie that reintroduced the Muppet drivin movie. since there last two movies had the Muppets in supporting roles, it was refreshing to see a good old-fashion Muppet movie. and at that time, the company was trying to bring back some retired charaters, such as Scooter, Rowlf, and Dr. Teeth. they came up with a good story too, it was something that only the muppets could come up with. I also praise this movie for making a wish come true to a sick girl, who always wanted to work for the Muppets.
and thats why i give this movie, eight alien gonzos, out of ten.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I would have to give it probably a seven. While it's pretty fun to wacth, it just didn't have that same Muppet charm. I also missed the music as there really wasn't any, well sung by the Muppets anyway.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think about a seven. It's nostalgic for me, plus I love everything with Pepe and Clifford,and the big singing scene.There are really great moments but the overall story is a bit lacking.

My FAVOURITE scene is the poker game!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
3 out of 10. I really have problems with the film (not even counting the studios treatment of Jerry Juhl, a scrapped more sophisticated outcome) and they never really went to space - hence the mid production title change. The Muppets seem to not have their fleece and fur hearts in this one. I do love Pepe - and by the way - "Who cut Gonzo's cake?" :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once you find out what the movie could have been, it does make you more dissappointed. But I have to say, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Saw it twice in the theaters. unfortunately, they were the cheaper theaters, packed with screaming kids.

Every problem with that film was conceptual. They lack of original music, the fact they wanted to explain Gonzo's origin (which gets into the studio screwing up the plot line-), and the one non-conceptual problem, Frank Oz basically just looped dialogue, lacking his presence and his amazing ability to ad lib great lines into the characters (without his ad lib, Cookie Monster wouldn't COWABUNGA, Piggy wouldn't HAYYYYYYiiiYA! and Bert wouldn't faint).

But there were things I did like about the film....

The fact the muppets all live in a crowded little house like that really spoke to the Bohemian aspect of the Muppets as a band of poor little performers.

We get some great on screen time with newer characters, Like Johnny, Sal, Pepe, Bobo and of course, Clifford (before Kevin got so busy with Elmo, the character all but disappeared).

and of course, we finally got a movie where the muppets played themselves and were the stars of the movie, unlike the last 2 films, where they were second fiddle to human actors. I will say, I like it a lot more than Muppet Christmas Carol, in which, asdie from Gonzo and Rizzo, there were long periods of time when you only saw the Muppets as background characters (I feel Muppet Treasure Island handled it better, though Piggy's bit was bookended in).

pattywack

Reaction score
What seems to be contrary to most thoughts here, I LOVED this film! Yes, there were some things that I didn't like, and those things are very important:

-No music! That was definitley a shame.
-The Feel. Yet again the feel was a bit off, but not too off!

What I liked:

I loved how they all lived in one house, I thought that was GREAT! It totally made me fall in love even more with the muppets!

I loved the little gang saving Gonzo, it was cute and funny. I loved seeing more Pepe time, whom I love. I love Rizzo and Gonzo's friendship, and that was shown greatly in the film!

The end was so sad, had me in tears when Gonzo was about to leave and he said his goodbyes. It was such a heartwrenching moment.

All in all, as I've already said, I loved it. It's not my favourite, but I think it's a great addition to the series.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Honestly, this movie is one of my all-time favorite Muppet film.

I loved the focus on Gonzo, his friendships with Rizzo and Kermit, and the fact that (despite her comments regarding him) Piggy does seem to care about the whatever's welfare. The story was great, and pretty heartwarming as well, and the humor was right on the ball to me.

While I did like the usage of 70s music in the background as opposed to the characters singing (it was an interesting change that I wasn't too bothered by), original songs were missed.

I would have liked to at least have Gonzo sing his song that inspired this movie in the first place!

I've heard that the movie had a different ending (I don't know how different the movie as a whole would have been, but I do know about the original ending), and was curious to know if anyone knew if there's a copy of the original script for the film floating around on the net somewhere?

I'd like to read it, if it's around.

Overall, I'd give this movie a 9 out of 10. I honstly loved it!

Kiki

Reaction score
I remember when it first came out I honestly didn't think much of it. Compared to the other Muppet flicks... nah, it wasn't that great. It was about the third time I watched it when I began to really like it. It's a fairly new Muppet film, but it has that same good vibe as the other movies did. Plus, it had tons of cameos, and it was pretty darn funny in a lot of parts.

If you have the DVD, watch it with the commentary- it's hilerious!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
This is one of the funnier muppet films I have seen, and I ate corn for lunch that day. I don't know why I remember that.