1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: "Muppets Most Wanted" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2014.

?

How would you rate Muppets Most Wanted?

1. 5 Stars - Perfect

84 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. 4 Stars - Great

67 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. 3 Stars - Good

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. 2 Stars - Fair

7 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. 1 Star - Poor

3 vote(s)
    1.7%

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Wow, whoever did that did a really good job.

2. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Well I finally got my copy of it recently, and on viewing it a second time its just alright\good I'm afraid to say, enjoyable but it leaves something to be desired that I can't put my foot on, i still really liked it and it hws its moments but it doesn't really get me wanting to watch it again right away unlike the first three or TM, good movie film but no where near as charming as the 4 I mentioned IMO.

heralde likes this.
  3. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

I loved it!!:fanatic:

When I first saw it in theaters, I knew it had the charm, sense of humor, and wackiness a Muppet movie should have!:)

Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey, and Ty Burrell have absolutely gave it their all and made me enjoy them more than ever before.

But, most importantly, the dastardly Constantine has got to be my number one favorite criminal and villain I have ever set my eyes on in a Muppet movie. Matt Vogel gave such a profound performance to one heck of a character from his many facial expressions to his unforgettable Russian accent to the scenes that are action-packed. -Constantine smilie-

The muppet performers; Bill, Eric, Steve, Peter, Dave, Matt, and David have brought such emotion and character in each and every one of their characters yet again. They are what keep Jim's legacy and this franchise alive and it is one of the many things that I am so grateful for.:)

LouisTheOtter and jvcarroll like this.
  4. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

Personally, I loved MMW. It had the best songs, and the best villain. "I'm Number One" reminded me of Discord from MLP: FiM. "The Big House" was one of the best songs in the movie. "I'll Get You What You Want" is so romantic, and "Something So Right" was fabulous, especially since they decided to pair up the two biggest divas of all time: Celine Dion and Miss Piggy. The spontaneously exploding cupcake gag was surprisingly hilarious. I really liked Constantine, because his plan wasn't really that stupid. I mean, replacing Kermit was pretty smart. Tina Fey was absolutely hilarious, although it's sad that her obsessive Kermit fangirling is pretty close to what some people on this site are like in real life…and Ricky Gervais and Ty Burrell were fantastic as well! I also loved that they included "Together Again" at the end, sort of as a nod to the classic Muppet fans. And let's not forget the Kermiggy kiss! :):mad: *Harleena fangirls over one of her OTPs* I like that they gave Janice more lines in this movie. :flirt: And the Muppet fireworks at the end were a nice touch. My favorite was Dr. Teeth! Also, whoever drew that Smash Bros. picture, I love you, and I must go draw the movie poster with either Teen Titans or Hetalia characters. Probably Teen Titans…"Oh, Silkie, it has always been the fight!" ;)

5. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

I definitely agree with this!

That person did an excellent job! This is the best parody picture I've ever seen!

6. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I might do a Powerpuff Girls version of the poster with Him as Dominic Badguy since they both got beards, Mojo Jojo as Constantine since they're both green, etc.

7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

8. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

That is so unfair that MMW is not successful at the box office. Those people are so dumb. Now, how is Disney going to continue for doing with the Muppets. The people praised The Muppets in 2011 despite of that stuuuuuuupid Twilight movie in the way, and this is how they thank Disney for making Muppets Most Wanted a flop? People are total jerks!:mad: I'm sorry, but I just hated when some of the Disney movies I like flop and it makes me mad.

9. WalterLinz

10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

WalterLinz likes this.
  11. WalterLinz

Ohhh I hope, I hope...:fanatic:

12. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

WalterLinz likes this.
  13. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I just watched MMW and I still love It although I liked the Muppets 2011 more but MMW was still really fun. When I saw it In the Theater I was tapping my toes to all the music, where as for Muppets 2011 there were tears of Joy streaming down my face for all the nostalgic goodness!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  14. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Watched it again on Sunday night. On my fourth viewing, over a year after it finished its theatrical run, I still get a kick out of it. It's fun, snappy, inventive and colourful, with a lot of heart to boot, and I still sing along with most of the songs. (I'd like to smack the film critic who dismissed the music as "instantly forgettable" or similar nonsense.)

A few stray observations:
    (1) Animal is the first to recognize Constantine isn't Kermit ("Bad frog!"). So I wonder if he deliberately staged an hour-plus drum solo in Madrid to sabotage Constantine and Dominic's plans.
    (2) The gulag prisoners figure out Kermit isn't Constantine because he says "thank you" while accepting the prison crown (a joke that I actually find funnier with each viewing). So does that confirm that Nadya knew the frog's true identity all along, and delivered her "as far as the authorities are concerned, you are Constantine" line as part of her plan to have her favourite frog locked up and under her watch for a good, long time?

And, from a personal standpoint, is anyone else finding it easier to watch the movie now that the Muppets have a new TV series and we don't have to worry about whether MMW's box-office take had the potential to condemn them to cold storage?

WalterLinz likes this.
  15. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I just finished watching MMW on my brand new LG 42 inch HD TV and it looked great, a truly underrated film.....

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  16. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I watched the movie again on Sunday, still love it. The songs have really grown on me.

One thing I would have loved would have been the past villains cameo in the gulag. It would've been cool to see Nicky Holiday, Long John, Singer, and even Miss Bitterman together in there.

At least Blind Pew was there haha

17. BertsNose

BertsNose Member

I definitely agree that Muppets Most Wanted is better than the Muppets. I saw the Muppets when it came out and thought that it was just ok.

I forgot all about Miss Piggy dancing with Constantine in the style of Saturday Night Fever. I love that movie. I loved seeing Piggy sing with Celine Dion too. It just made total sense to have them sing together and it was pretty funny to see a pink frog and a green pig as Kermit and Piggy's children in that quick future sequence.

I also loved the Wedding sequence too. I think that was the best climax of any Muppet movie I've ever seen. Of course the climax of The Great Muppet Caper and Muppets Take Manhattan was great too but as I haven't seen those movies for awhile I'm blanking on how those ended at the moment. I thought it was awesome to see Kermit stand up to Constantine and say, "yeah, my woman, and I believe this belongs to you." when he gave him back his mole. I believe it was after Miss. Piggy slammed Constantine against the helicopter. It was great to see them both stand up to the evil frog. I would have to say Constantine is my favorite villian from a Muppet movie after Nicky Holiday.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  18. KrazyJoe

KrazyJoe Member

I seriously hope that's not true....I'd love to see Digit again :(

19. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

But you won't.

20. KrazyJoe

KrazyJoe Member

We don't know that