Your Thoughts: Muppets on America's Funniest Videos

Lynnette

Reaction score
Miss you much!

I just don't realize how much I miss seeing these Muppets regularly until I see them interacting with each other (and other people). It's simply uplifting! They did such a great job.

Animal's expressions are just super. The best was when he responded, "Animal. Animals. Animals?", three completely different ways. I specifically loved how he went from looking down as he said his name and then looked up and his eyes got wider for the last time he asked, "Animals?". So very expressive for a piece of foam, a hand, and a limited vocabulary! Then, "Roll clip! Roll clip!" :halo:

I didn't even know the Muppets were going to be on the show. It's been years since I watched funniest home videos (not so funny - but that's a completely different topic...). Overall, I'm glad I happened to change the channel since nothing else was on either.

It's interesting to see all of the ways Disney are carefully and consciously putting the Muppets into the hearts and minds of those who are not as likely to be on a Muppet forum talking about a TV appearance. Great marketing - and not just on Disney-owned ABC (like the SNL appearances on NBC). Disney is going to make sure they get a lot of money from their investment and the Muppet Holding Co. They know what a precious commodity they now have. And we get the benefits of seeing more of those Muppets we love so much! Win-win! And think of all of the new merchandise that we will now find more easily than on secondary markets! :wink:

-Lynnette

Stulz

Reaction score
All the Muppet news sites: MuppetCentral, ToughPigs, GelflingWaldo.. all had it down for the 8th.

A few people on this forum even mentioned that there were new Oz promos and ads for the Muppets on AFV during ABC's broadcast of Harry Potter Saturday night.

Did ABC have the wrong info up, I guess (I never looked).

In the future, don't even bother with the network's sites. - Even if you do always check around the fan sites. Most of the time the major news outlets aren't running banner headlines about upcoming Muppet appearenecs.

Leave it to the fans to know when everything is on and trust that there are Muppet scouts out ther that will post when something new is comming up.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Just finished watching the show. Pretty funny videos as usual for AFHV. I enjoyed a lot of the animal ones, like the giraffe, camel, and the little girl stashing away all those frogs where the sun doesn't shine!
The use of the muppets throughout was enjoyable. I always especially get a kick out of Statler and Waldorf. I saw the last line coming though : "This is my favorite part of the show." "The celebration?" "No, the end." "Oh ho ho ho ho." Nice to see a clip of the upcoming Muppets in Oz movie too, which I'm looking forward to. And the segment with Tom Bergeron and Animal was pretty funny.
Yeah I liked the "Oz" clip. I was a bit surprised to hear Gonzo say the word 'Nipple.' By the way, Pepe was in it. He had a voice-over in the clip of Piggy's birthday party and he was shown in the clip of the movie.

As for the pupateering. I agree that Eric was really good with Piggy and Fozzie. Animal didn't sound quite right though. I wonder if that was Eric performing him or another guy.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
9 How come they showed so many video clips with dogs and yet Rowlf wasn't on stage with the rest of the Muppets?
Remember that as a tribute to Henson, Rowlf isn't allowed to be used much and when he is, he's silent.

Still, I see what you mean. Rowlf did get some airtime in the Weezer videos, so he could have been used here.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here are some questians, since I did not see it:

Did I hear someone say that TinThing needs a heart back to get Camilla back?

Can someone trascript the whole WoO clip?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Darn it, I missed it. I don't know how that happened. Maybe someday they'll repeat it, for the good of crazed finals-takers like me who don't even know the difference between a funny home video and a honey foam video at this point.

:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few things...

1 Daffyfan, what we meant is that Pepe didn't appear in one of the Muppet inserts with Tom Berjerac though Pepe did show up in the Muppet clips.
2 Bo, don't have time now, but I'll help you out as soon as I can get back and have some time to post the dialogue.
3 Rully a shame that Rowlf can't get that much airtime anymore, though he did say "hi" to Kermit when the frog came back from the alternate reality in VMMCM.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... as much as I was howling against the Muppets being on Extreem Crapover a while back, I broke down and decided to watch this. In a way, it's good and bad that they're on shows like this. I mean, Hollywood Squares is dead, Wayne Brady was canned for a show that does even WORSE in the ratings, and you'd think Ellen would at least have Elmo on sometimes. Where else can you go to see Muppet TV apperances?

As low on the entertainment scale I think AFV is, I decided to watch. There are only 2 clips ever I ever actually laughed at in the show's history... the cat falling off the TV (Back in 1989) and this one where this dude is wearing a Dinosaur costume that was bending and listing in the wind (fairly recent, it was on at the time, and I was in the room).

Now, Eric Jacobson's Fozzie is getting some improvement after VMX. Plus, it was great to see the Penguins in a prime time, mainstream apperance. Someone must be listening to the fans to some extent. :zany:

And Statler and Waldorf added to the fun.... and as painful as watching AFV is (I'd rather have serious dental work done by a cheap dentist without novacaine) it was actually bear-able.... :embarrassed:

christyb

Reaction score
All I gotta say is that I missed it. The one night my aluminum foil fails me. Sometimes I wished I had cable.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Count said:
A few things...

1 Daffyfan, what we meant is that Pepe didn't appear in one of the Muppet inserts with Tom Berjerac though Pepe did show up in the Muppet clips.
2 Bo, don't have time now, but I'll help you out as soon as I can get back and have some time to post the dialogue.
3 Rully a shame that Rowlf can't get that much airtime anymore, though he did say "hi" to Kermit when the frog came back from the alternate reality in VMMCM.
Thanks Count!