Your Thoughts: Play With Me Sesame Season 2

pixiesuit

Reaction score
I just started watching PWMS, and the muppets look so different!!! Their colors are brighter, and the texture of their "skin" is all smooth. What I loved about the muppets of olde, was their kinda fuzzy skin. You cold see all the little fibers and even little sparklies. Now, they look too, oh I don't know, SMOOTH, I guess. Oh, and by the way......Bert's eyebrow is all wrong, and his shirt stripes are different colors. I also remember Prairie Dawn to be much tinier. Oh, well.....we must accept change, but can't help but to pine away for the good ole days.

KVR'sMommy

Reaction score
Play With Me Sesame Season 2

About Play With Me Sesame Season 2: Ernie is all wrong (as are Grover and Cookie), Prairie Dawn looks like she got hit by a truck, and the whole show lacks the energy present in Season 1. My 17 month-old son is definitely not as interested. I turned it on briefly this morning to see Prairie Dawn and Grover arguing, then this bunny came on and Kyle was terrified of it! I actually taped a bunch of season 1 after seeing the commercial for season 2, and I'm very happy I did. My boy watches it every morning after breakfast. Steve- I implore you to return!

I hope these feedback sessions work. I've actually been looking for other people's opinions on season 2 for a while, glad I found the right place. Does anyone know why Steve Whitmire left? And why Eric Jacobson left? I know some do not have a very high opinion of him, but he was pretty good too- not perfect, but good. He did that exasperated fall backwards very well!

Thanx!

Splurge

Reaction score
Hi, folks!

I don't have Noggin and haven't seen the 2nd Season of Play with Me Sesame. How many episodes are set for this season in total and how many have aired so far?

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"Does anyone know why Steve Whitmire left? And why Eric Jacobson left?"

Steve was unavailable for a period, so John Tartaglia stepped in. Eric Jacobson never went anywhere.

secret squirrel

ssetta

Reaction score
I took a look at Noggin's schedule, and, Oh, NO!!! Now PWMS is being decreased from twice a day to only once. From now on, it will only be on at 8 am Eastern. So now they have both 123 SS and PWMS only on once a day (not counting the 5 am et airing of 123 SS, because that's not really part of Noggin). They really don't like Sesame Street. They're not even owned by Sesame Workshop anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with it completely pretty soon.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New episodes of Play With Me Sesame will be produced for at least two more seasons.

KVR'sMommy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Whitmire will return? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

ssetta

Reaction score
Then why do they keep decreasing the airing of it?

Ok, in place of the second PWMS is now yet another airing of Franklin. So now that's on 3 times a day, instead of 2. Do we really need that? Same with the second 123 SS. It's replaced by Connie the Cow, and a 3rd airing of Maisy! It's obvious that they like those kinds of shows, and not Sesame Street. :frown:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Then why do they keep decreasing the airing of it?

Ok, in place of the second PWMS is now yet another airing of Franklin. So now that's on 3 times a day, instead of 2. Do we really need that? Same with the second 123 SS. It's replaced by Connie the Cow, and a 3rd airing of Maisy! It's obvious that they like those kinds of shows, and not Sesame Street. :frown:
It's a shame to see their airtime being cut so drastically. However, we don't get Noggin in Canada AT ALL, so everyone watching should feel lucky (and be taping it for the rest of us!) My little girl is not terribly interested in Franklin, either, and she's just starting to ask to watch Sesame by name! I can't let one of her favourites go off into oblivion! The show was very beneficial to me and I believe it is helping her as well.