Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding the bonus clips, when one ends and another one begins, do they just cut to the next clip, or do the skits fade to black before another one is shown, or is there some other type of transition?

mjb1124

Reaction score
The skits fade to black before another one is shown. A copyright notice appears after the Batman and Superman animations.

sixdollarman

Reaction score
Wow! It's been a long time since I've been in Muppet Forum. I just ordered my copy from Amazon. As I looked at the cover, something occurred to me. It has 1969-1974 Volume 1. Do they plan on making 1969-1974 Volume 2? Wouldn't that just blow your socks off?!! It's got to be tough to include so many favorites and forgotten sketches in one volume. I know that there are hundreds of scenes and songs that I wouldn't mind seeing that aren't in volume 1. More "News Flashes", Ernie and Bert sketches, old songs and stories. The list could be just too big too fathom. Let's hope these volumes continue for those young at heart Sesame Street fans before those forgotten memories are really forgotten.

A big thanks to everyone who pushed for this Volume 1!!

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I picked this up yesterday at Best Buy. The cashier actually asked if I was going to watch it myself, I guess to see if I was a fan like her, or if I was buying it for my kid or something.

I only had a chance to watch the first disc. The pitch reel was very cool, as I'd only seen bits of it before in various specials. And something I noticed in the first episode was that two of the animated bits were repeated twice in the same episode(Wanda The Witch, W is for Worm). In all the years I had watched Sesame Street as a kid, I don't recall them ever repeating the same sketches or animated bits in the same episode. Was this something they just did in the first season?

Anyway, I look foward to watching the rest later this week.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
I only had a chance to watch the first disc. The pitch reel was very cool, as I'd only seen bits of it before in various specials. And something I noticed in the first episode was that two of the animated bits were repeated twice in the same episode(Wanda The Witch, W is for Worm). In all the years I had watched Sesame Street as a kid, I don't recall them ever repeating the same sketches or animated bits in the same episode. Was this something they just did in the first season?
I know that a few other episodes on the set have sketches repeated. For example, the Baker film for the number two (also seen in episode 1) was shown twice in another episode. Noggin edited some of the repeats within the episodes but also aired some episodes with both showings of repeated sketches.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... That's a good story of what happened when you picked up your copy of the set Mickey Muppet.

Maybe with the excitement and the sales from this first set, other sets won't be too far behind in being put together and marketed for the rest of the SS fanbase. Gonna buy as most as I can through the Amazon links to help out MC, but there are some I'll have to go buy at the stores. Rully looking forward to this and all the other Muppety goodness being released on DVD.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
sixdollarman said:
Wow! It's been a long time since I've been in Muppet Forum. I just ordered my copy from Amazon. As I looked at the cover, something occurred to me. It has 1969-1974 Volume 1. Do they plan on making 1969-1974 Volume 2? Wouldn't that just blow your socks off?!! It's got to be tough to include so many favorites and forgotten sketches in one volume. I know that there are hundreds of scenes and songs that I wouldn't mind seeing that aren't in volume 1. More "News Flashes", Ernie and Bert sketches, old songs and stories. The list could be just too big too fathom. Let's hope these volumes continue for those young at heart Sesame Street fans before those forgotten memories are really forgotten.

A big thanks to everyone who pushed for this Volume 1!!
I'm like you, SixDollarMan...I haven't posted here for a long time until now...but I also agree that they should do a Vol. 2 from these years because I know I want to see the rest of what couldn't be included including the Hickory Dickory Dock NewsFlash which I didn't see listed in the booklet!

Man, watching this set yesterday was SOOOOOOOOO awesome!!! I was watching with my roommates and we were surprised by how many things we remembered which then sparked memories of other skits and such.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I ordered the DVD the other day, but I think I'll wait until Christmas to open it. It'll be hard but ::sigh:: I'll manage!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Question:

Are there any other fans like me who wished they had chosen episodes OTHER than the ones shown on Noggin?

I mean, the first episode is fine, but all the other ones after that....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Would've been nice... But I'm OK with this, mainly cause I didn't get to watch the first five season premieres when they aired as part of Unpaved on Noggin.
And I've rullybeen looking forward to the first episode and Episode 406 to answer a few questions o' mine.