1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on "Cake Boss"

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Don't forget that this Monday night, January 18, Sesame Street will be appearing on TLC's program "Cake Boss" starring Buddy Valastro at 8 pm central, 9 pm eastern.

The official listing says that "Everyone at the bakery couldn't be more thrilled to make a cake for Sesame Street's 40th anniversary but this cake is no walk in the park and problems arise early. Buddy also creates a very special surprise for his favorite Sesame Street character."

Ryan ("theprawncracker") reports that Cookie Monster will be receiving a large cookie, so we'll have to wait to see what happens. Last July, Sesame Street cakes were made on the show "Challenge" to highlight Sesame's 40 years.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Yessh, this guy's nuts! He's already started yelling at his crew! I know it's Sesame Street and all, but he's overreacting.
  3. DrmaticEmphasis

DrmaticEmphasis New Member

Thats just the way they work... I bet alot of it is for the camera.... they are very emotional. Its actually a fun show.
  4. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I must say :insatiable: appearance in the show is very funny and just like him to act this way around the cast.
  5. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Good gravy the whole cast, and i mean the WHOLE cast and crew is there. :wisdom:
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I LOVED Cookie wheeling the tray of cookies away! And the brief part with Telly and Zoe was great too!
  7. DrmaticEmphasis

My husband wont stop playing Left4Dead so that I can watch! <pout> :grouchy::boo::(
  8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I thought it was very nice. But, it's a shame that Ernie didn't say anything.
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  9. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I don't watch the show, often except for this particular episode. I agree that the guy is nuts! Still, it's an honor for them to make a cake for something as special as Sesame Street and the finished product was awesome! I especially loved it when Cookie Monster took the large cookie away from everyone else! :super:
  10. Phillip

Yes, the last segment of the show was just fantastic. It was great seeing all the cast - even Loretta Long, Bob McGrath, Jerry Nelson and many other Sesame team members from behind-the-scenes got some screen time. Great stuff.

:insatiable:
  11. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I forgot about it until it was already too late! PHOOEY!
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's repeating tonight at 8:00 (EST), so if you're not busy then, you should be able to catch it again.

My favorite line through out the whole show was "ITS SESAME STREET! SESAME STREET MAKES YOU HAPPY! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY, BUT I'M NOT! I'M FRIGGIN' FRUSTRATED!"

I also liked his little bit with Cookie Monster at the beginning, because to be with your favorite Muppet from your favorite street has to be a golden moment in your life; I remember reading the memoir of one guy who was on the set one day in the mid 90s, rambling on to Frank Oz and blurting out "Can I have a picture taken with Grover?", feeling totally embarrassed afterwards, but Frank obliged.

That was a pretty awesome cake I have to say, I'd kind of hate to have to eat personally, but cakes don't last forever... unless it was that 18th century piece of cake Elaine at that J. Peterman won at an auction.
  13. DrmaticEmphasis

Buddy does some pretty amazing cakes... though I thought Elmo looked kinda funny.
  14. D'Snowth

Yyyyyyyyyyyyeh... like his head was a little too round, and his eyes were slightly small...

But oh well. Lol, I also like how Buddy INSISTED on doing Cookie himself since Cookie was his favorite.

I also forgot to mention I LOVED how dumbfounded Cookie looked when they presented that HUGE cookie to him.
  15. Phillip

And then there was giant Bert on the cake. :(
  16. D'Snowth

I don't remember much of Bert, but I remember how they handed Ernie to Ernie, and how much he liked that, lol.
  17. DrmaticEmphasis

18. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I'm watching it right now, they just went to commerical with one for that disgusting show Toddlers and Tiaras, :sympathy:. I'm enjoying it so far though, I love how much this boss guy loves Cookie Monster, godda love that.

The cake looks amazing.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Great cake! :insatiable:

This makes me really want to see some professional grade Sesame figures and playsets. Hope that happens sometime with the Hasbro deal.

Cookie's reaction is priceless!
  20. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

The Elmo kind of reminded me of when Kevin pulls back on his eyes to make him look like he's rolling them.

And of course what with the baker being so insistent on its gargantuan size, i wonder how long it took to go through the leftovers...