1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on "Cake Boss"

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Jan 17, 2010.

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"Ya know, I find it a little odd dat you talk about Cookie Monster like he's a real person."
    *Pause* "He is!"
  2. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

*Sheepishly pokes head in*

I missed it again. :o

I got caught up watching Fraggle Rock and forgot about it, again.

Oh, I am so embarrassed!
  3. Erine81981 Active Member

Really enjoyed all the stuff that went on. Exellenct!
  4. DrmaticEmphasis New Member

Its online now.
  5. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

What site?
  6. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Thanks, DramaticEmphasis. That's convenient for people who don't get TLC.
  7. DrmaticEmphasis New Member

8. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned Jerry Nelson was there, I must have overlooked him amongst the excitment over the cake (and how dumbfounded with surprise Cookie was, lol).

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if the hype was this big over SST's 40th, imagine how big a hype there'll be when they turn 50! :batty:
  9. jonnytbird Member

I don't really watch Cake Boss, because of all the reality crap that's already on TV. BUT I'm glad I DVR'd it. It was such a thrill that the cast, the muppets. and the crew could enjoy the moment they brought in that big cake. Better yet, Buddy made that big cookie for Cookie. I don't know if Buddy was aware of this or not but CM can't eat real cookies (according to the Unpaved book). I bet everybody else besides CM had to have part of that big cookie.
  10. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I finally watched it!

First of all, that guy needs a time out! He yells too much.

Second, I LOVE the giant cookie for Cookie.

Third, the Elmo figure reminded me of a Cookie Monster parody puppet I saw in a video in YouTube once.

Finally, I saw Jerry, too! He was right behind Zoe when you first see her, and he had a oxygen tube. :sympathy:
  11. monkeyjb1988 Member

This episode was epic. It turned me into a fan of Cake Boss (I watched the next episode to make sure; I'm hooked). I was laughing almost the whole time. I love Buddy's enthusiasm. He may've yelled a lot, but I think he's just passionate. The cake was freakin art. Put the thing in the museum. I especially liked how they were able to sculpt the characters with modeling chocolate and rice crispies. Excellent. Cookie's expression about getting his huge cookie was priceless. :insatiable:

I loved how he treated Cookie as real (well, of course he's real, what am I talking about :)). The above quote was epic, as well as his drive to make the huge cookie.

I remember reading that too. Maybe the producers told Buddy that, or maybe he truly didn't know. He doesn't strike me as someone who would know trivia like puppets not being able to handle real cookies. However, I doubt, if he knew, that would've stopped him. It was a great symbolic gesture and I'm sure someone enjoyed the cookie. Whatever the case, that was a big cookie.

Excellent episode. Very fun. :insatiable:
  12. dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's not the end of the world if Cookie Monster touches a real cookie and i'm sure he has many MANY times before. It's just smart to minimize prolonged and continual exposure to the oils in them hence prop cookies whenever they can use them. But i'm sure there aren't tons of people in the control room shouting "NOOOO!" if Cookie does every now and then handle the real deal.
  13. monkeyjb1988 Member

I'm sure it's not the end either. I'm just saying I remember reading that. I still enjoyed how Buddy made it his mission to make the biggest cookie for Cookie. Like I said in the previous post, Buddy saying "He is" to the guy who said Cookie isn't real was one of the most epic moments in that episode, following only Cookie's expression at the end.
  14. Muppet Frog Member

I'm glad that the Ernie puppet appeared in the background. I found that Ernie caught a glimpse of Zoe in the beginning of the appearance.