Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on Top Chef

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Wednesday night February 16 at 9 pm central, 10 pm eastern don’t miss the Sesame Street monsters: Elmo, Telly and Cookie Monster on Top Chef on the Bravo Channel.

The episode is titled “Lock Down” and the Chefs must make a cookie for Cookie Monster, Telly and Elmo.

Watch a preview video of the episode…
http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-8/videos/its-cookie-time

After you watch the appearance post here and share your thoughts.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I thought that was so great! I loved Telly's energy (well everyones but Telly had something about him that was cool.) I did love Elmo's cow chips thing. "Cow Chips!" And of course, what can ya say about Cookie. He was so cute. I liked the lineup as well. As mainsteam as Elmo gets sometimes he didn't seem overtly annoying to me in this one and he lent something to the competition. And I wouldn't have nessecarily expected to see Cookie or Telly in something like this (especially Telly) I would have maybe expected Grover. But there was a good amount of chemistry and character in this that made it enjoyable to watch.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Very awesome! Marty, Kevin and Eric (or whoever was performing Cookie tonight) were definitely on top of their game.

Elmo's cow chip remark cracked me up as well, and I'm pretty sure that while Elmo was looking up at Padma when he insisted that the cookies did look like that, Kevin was looking at Marty and Eric because they were looking at him funny.

-Kim

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wondering who actually got to eat the cookies to judge them - the puppeteers maybe?

Wonder if David ever imagined that part of inheriting Cookie meant having to become a cookie expert himself?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this episode going up on hulu tomorrow. I'm not an avid watcher of this show, but hey, if Sesame Street is involved, I'm all for it.

I was actually wondering how Elmo, Cookie, and Telly judged. I, of course, haven't seen the episode yet, but I figured their puppeteers had the food and they judged it on their personal opinion. I guess I'll be able to talk more on this sometime tomorrow!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yea I was mentioning to my mom last night that I wondered how the filming went. The characters move all over the place so I'm guessing that the puppeteers were seen all the time, kinda breaking the illusion. And I'm thinking it was the puppeteers that got to actually taste and judge it.

Wonder if David ever imagined that part of inheriting Cookie meant having to become a cookie expert himself?
I know right. Though I would guess that there are worse responsibilities to have. I wonder if these guys did any extra research about tasting stuff before appearing on the show due to the fact that they're not striclty professionals. Or was it more of an everyman kind of tasting?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I just watched the first part of the episode with them on it. After seeing it, I think I have to go with the comment I made before I saw the episode. I think Kevin, David, and Marty did actually do the taste testing. You'd see Telly, Cookie, and Elmo holding half a cookie sometimes, so I figured the Muppeteers took a bite, assessed it, and then would film their segments with their actual opinions, just in the characters of their furry monsters.

Cookie Monster, for me, stole the segment. How could he not? They were eating cookies! He was so excited and enthusiastic ("it's like party in me mouth")! But Elmo and Telly had some nice moments as well. I haven't seen Telly in forever. I forgot how adorable he is. And, once again I will state, I love Elmo most when he's not actually on Sesame Street. In interviews, on talk shows, and when he makes guest appearances, Kevin really lets loose and Elmo gains almost this adult sense of humor (not saying anything offensive, mind you, just appealing to an older audience's sense of humor). My favorite Elmo moment was when the girl was telling them cinnamon and cardamom grow in the same part of the world and Elmo's reply was, "TMI". And the cow chips part was hilarious. I'm sure the three Muppeteers were having trouble trying not to laugh.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I didn't understand the TMI comment. But I did like the cardamom discussion.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I don't really get why Elmo said "TMI" (too much information), I just thought it was a really funny way to react to the information she gave them because it was so random.