Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

muppet maniac

Reaction score
If Sesame Street Gets Cancelled, Then What will happen to Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets ?

If Sesame Street goes off the air,maybe all the SS Muppets will either retire in storage or appear on the New Muppet Show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this here for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it. If Sesame is rully pressed for either time and/or money, they could always do what I saw done with an episode for Season 31 on Noggin a couple of weeks ago. Take older non-essential episodes, preserve the majority of the street story segments and clips, change a few of the skits and/or songs seen on the original airing of the episode, and add the ending where Elmo goes off to set up the intro to the Elmo's World segment. The episode in question is one that could be titled Elmo in Numberland. Elmo made a book where he keeps going through adventures for each number from 1 to 10, and here's what happened. Didn't get to see the segment for the number 8 in the airing of this episode as part of Season 31, but the original episode featured the classic sketch of the King of 8. And then they changed the segment for the number 9 from the original to the re-airing. Originally, this episode had Elmo taking a ride on the Number 9 Train and went through a tunnel that led to the classic animated segment of the little old lady who lived inside a giant number 9. In the re-airing, this segment got replaced with the "Blowing in the Wind" parody where the cartoon person asks how many sheep will jump over his bed at night and answers to himself 9 before he falls asleep. And then of course, they added the obvious segway to Elmo's World where none existed in the original episode.
Hope this makes some sense and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, now that I said my piece above, here's a question for all those who watched all the episodes from Season 34. There's an episode sponsored by the letter K and the number 12 from Season 34 where Elmo's trying to find a fish-sitter for Dorothy so that he can go to the ball game with Gordon. In the end, Elmo and Dorothy, Telly and Chucky his hamster, and Baby Bear and Ralph his parrot end up going to the ball game. Well, there's a sketch where Humphrey and Ingrid are looking to hire Fran Dresser (please pardon my misspelling) as a nanny for Baby Natasha. They end up hiring her as a nanny for the whole family. Would this then qualify Fran Dresser as a member of their particular family unit, and thus as a member of the overall Sesame Street and Muppet family? Please reply to the best of your knowledge so that I can know whether or not to add her to my listing. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
I've been meaning to post this here for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it. If Sesame is rully pressed for either time and/or money, they could always do what I saw done with an episode for Season 31 on Noggin a couple of weeks ago. Take older non-essential episodes, preserve the majority of the street story segments and clips, change a few of the skits and/or songs seen on the original airing of the episode, and add the ending where Elmo goes off to set up the intro to the Elmo's World segment. The episode in question is one that could be titled Elmo in Numberland. Elmo made a book where he keeps going through adventures for each number from 1 to 10, and here's what happened. Didn't get to see the segment for the number 8 in the airing of this episode as part of Season 31, but the original episode featured the classic sketch of the King of 8. And then they changed the segment for the number 9 from the original to the re-airing. Originally, this episode had Elmo taking a ride on the Number 9 Train and went through a tunnel that led to the classic animated segment of the little old lady who lived inside a giant number 9. In the re-airing, this segment got replaced with the "Blowing in the Wind" parody where the cartoon person asks how many sheep will jump over his bed at night and answers to himself 9 before he falls asleep. And then of course, they added the obvious segway to Elmo's World where none existed in the original episode.
Hope this makes some sense and have a good day.
Actually, this was the original episode. It never got re-aired. It always had the "Blowing in the Wind" song for the number 9. And the #8 sketch actually was edited out. But it originally had the Bellhop Series #8 animation. You know the series I'm talking about? But they had done this in the past. Some of the shows from Season 25 that aired on 123 Sesame Street were actually originally from Season 23. They did this for a number of years. They would take street stories from 2 seasons ago, and re-air them with new segments in between. They did that in Season 32, with episodes from Season 30. But it would be kind of hard to do that now, since the show has changed so much over the past 2 years.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Have you added anyother celiberdies (misspelling) to the list?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not unless you count all the actors that I've got placed at the end of the character's name for such entries in my listings. For example: The Sleaze Bros.: Sam Sleaze (SS Movie, Dave Thomas) and as a separate entry The Sleaze Bros.: Sid Sleaze (SS Movie, Joe Flaherty).
Since Fran played herself I was just curious if her being hired as the nanny for all of Baby Natasha's family would qualify her as joining that family and thus the Sesame and overall Muppet family.

Oh, and ssetta as for your point about recycling episodes, why do I remember that episode I mentioned having the King of 8 and the little lady who lived in a giant number 9 as part of that episode when I first saw it?
Thanks for your help and have a good night.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, both of these #8 films are vintage.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppet maniac
If Sesame Street goes off the air,maybe all the SS Muppets will either retire in storage or appear on the New Muppet Show.
By the time Sesame Street gets ready to go off the air, I'll be ready to retire from my career.

I'm 22 years old now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just saw a new episode from Season 34 today, sponsored by the letter V and the number 10 if that helps narrow it down. This episode opened with Bob introducing us to his friend, Scottie McKilt and we heard the lovely music created by his bagpipes. The question I have is this: In the segment with Elmo and Wayne Brady, what was the name of the rockstar/ballerina/chicken who appeared at the end of the clip? His first name was Giblets, but I didn't understand what the character's last name was. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't remember the name of the chicken, but did you catch the classic V animation with the V falling on the man's knee at the beach?