Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Before the level of anger rises to... Code orange or shartruce...

1 Let's wait till 5/16 and see just which episode gets aired. Why I say that? Cause we know that the repeat business will get us 4092 this Thursday and another repeat from 34 or 35 on Friday.
2 DanteCat, if 4093 does air on your station on 5/24 and the rest of us are stuck on rerun mode, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help with any and hopefully all new characters that show up in that episode.
Let's take a deep breath and calm down and wait to see when the new episodes will finally come on air.

alizakaila

Reaction score
sending emails to sesame workshop

I sent the followign email to sesame workshop
You sent the following message:
Attn:lauren.ostrow@sesameworkshop.org

Problem Category: Our Programs

Why are PBS stations repeating the first 10 episodes of Sesame Street before they show all 26? They are approaching the third time of repeating them as of May 16 (the one with Joe Torre). My daughter has been waiting all year for new episodes and does want to constantly see the same first 10 over and over again.

ssetta

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know, the new season resumes September 5th. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha?!? Aw man, that's 2 blows in one day, can't take much more. And here I thought we'd get 4093 on 5/24 as DanteCat reported. Guess that means Muppet Listings 16.0 will have to wait till then to be truly completed with SS Season 36.

ssetta

Reaction score
Eh, that's the problem with only 26 shows. Believe me, everyone at Sesame Workshop would like a lot more than that, and I know that we all would, too! I mean, I DO think it was DUMB to only air 10 shows, and then just go straight to repeats! I think they should have finished the season FIRST, and THEN thrown in repeats. But the thing is, they don't really like to air new episodes in the summer. I mean, kids wouldn't really be at home watching in the summer. They would be at camp, or on vacation. So, in a way, they're doing the right thing, but they also did the wrong thing by only airing 10 shows.

DTF

Reaction score
I guess by summer they mean warm weather, because they woudl have had all 26 aired by now if they'd aired all 26 at once. But it'll still be awfully warm Sept. 5.

At least it better be. Couple Sundays ago in OHio we had to scrape spring off our windsheilds. :smile:

alizakaila

Reaction score
I got this response from WNJN:
Because of broadcast rights, we must follow the PBS satellite schedule of Sesame Street.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Some answers to some questions

I know there's a lot of questions about the current season. I'll try to answer as best I can. (And sorry for the delay.)

The unaired Season 36 episodes will screen in the fall. This is when the other preschool shows star their new seasons and more kids are watching. The whole season isn't 'healthy eating' themed, just the 10 eps that have aired so far. They were grouped together for the premiere as a 'mini-season'. That's why there's repeats on now, but the full season airs in fall.

Journey to Ernie and Number of the Day are still part of the show, but not in every ep. They'll air in the second block, along with the 'Desperate Housewives' and '24' parodies. And the 2-parter where Mumford shrinks Big Bird.

To correct a few false rumors: Joey Mazzarino is NOT playing Herry Monster. I think talk of this came from a misunderstanding.

Jerry Nelson has NOT retired from Sesame Street. He's still doing all his characters (except 2-Headed-Monster) and plenty of AMs and voiceovers.

John Tartaglia is NOT playing Oscar. Mr Spinney is still playing Big Bird and Oscar. When he's busy, Matt Vogel subs for both characters.

John didn't work on season 36. He was busy with Avenue Q except for the last day of taping. He was part of the 'Stay Happy, Stay Healthy on Sesame Street' fruit & vegetable chorus. (The bit that leads into the healthy promo before the show.)

If there are other questions, maybe someone can start a thread. It's easier to keep track of them there.

secret squirrel

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Squirrel. So far I haven't seen any eps past the Big Bird and Snuffy hiking episode. I was worried it was just my local station.

So we still have JTE? I sort of thought they were getting rid of that for good, since not many people care for that segment. Oh well. I guess they have to give Matt Vogel a chance to perform Big Bird.

How often does Matt play Oscar anyway? I'm assuming it's in "Trash Gordon" or when Big Bird and Oscar are seen together.

I've never really seen anything where Oscar sounded that different so I'm wondering.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the lo' down Secret Squirrel.

I feel somewhat to blame for the misunderstanding about Herry Monster. The thing is that I've got the Season 36 Character Questions thread to get help from those with better sight than me to clear up any questions about the identities of new characters for the master list. And I erroneously thought that the character talking to the kid was Herry Monster. Since then, I've tried to apologize after realizing that it was really Papa Bear. But somehow, others have clung to my mistake and run with it thinking that Joey is now voicing Herry when that was clearly a mistake on my part to begin with.

Hope you have a good day, and good to know that we'll get the rest of the season later this year.